• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Is BW2 really to blame for that, though? IIRC, the extra chapters in XY were from irregular release magazines. There's nothing stopping them from doing something else while BW2 is on hiatus (except for whatever caused it to go on hiatus in the first place, but that can't really be helped anyway, and I was assuming they would've have sorted it out by then).

I don't really think we need a LGPE arc or that it's a good idea. But there could be room for it if they choose to go that route. At least until Shinnoh remakes or whatever come out in 2020.

Well, no, it's B2W2's fault, per se, just the circumstances surrounding this mess of a release schedule.

Also, back when XY and ORAS were still going, Yamamoto was still working on B2W2 bit-by-bit while we waited for it to come back. That allowed them to have a small backlog for when it eventually restarted.

Unless Yamamoto's doing the bit-by-bit thing again, doing something else would only take time out of that. And it's been five years. We can't keep waiting like this for it to end.

If B2W2 was finished, we could potentially have two monthly chapters of SM: one in Corocoro Ichiban and one in Webry. Heck, I'll even take Pokemon Fan back at this point. As long as it means the arc gets some extra content. I really hope B2W2 is finished in a timely manner so we could maybe use the extra space to extend SM's finale. Though I doubt that'll happen given the format of the mini-volume releases only taking content from one magazine.

I just want the full volumes to be caught up so we can have B2W2 finished and XY and ORAS have the extra content.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
I can see Chuchu performing Catastropika while holding the Pikanium Z and Pika performing 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt while holding the Pikashunium Z which I still don't know how will the name it in Spe like no one knows how will they going to name Ash-Greninja in Spe. With a little help of course from Sun and Moon

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I can see Chuchu performing Catastropika while holding the Pikanium Z and Pika performing 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt while holding the Pikashunium Z which I still don't know how will the name it in Spe like no one knows how will they going to name Ash-Greninja in Spe. With a little help of course from Sun and Moon
Don't forget Red's Snorlax and Snorlium Z! Unless of course Sun or Moon capture themselves a Snorlax. You know I bet one of them will have Nebby on there Pokemon team, at least temporarily.

e9310103838

Don't forget Red's Snorlax and Snorlium Z! Unless of course Sun or Moon capture themselves a Snorlax. You know I bet one of them will have Nebby on there Pokemon team, at least temporarily.

The Masked Royal has a Munchlax. :D

And we don't know how it will show Lycanroc 's forms. Olivia is currently known to have a Midnight Form Lycanroc, and the Masked Royal has a Rockruff.

shoz999

The Masked Royal has a Munchlax. :D

And we don't know how it will show Lycanroc 's forms. Olivia is currently known to have a Midnight Form Lycanroc, and the Masked Royal has a Rockruff.
Good point. If it were my guess, the Masked Royal will get the Dusk Lycanroc. I can see Moon getting the midnight form but other than that, there's really no one else that comes to mind unless he shows up in a cameo.

Pokemon.Manga

Good point. If it were my guess, the Masked Royal will get the Dusk Lycanroc. I can see Moon getting the midnight form but other than that, there's really no one else that comes to mind unless he shows up in a cameo.

Kukui uses Midday Lycanroc in the games and Oliva uses the Midnight form in the manga. I don't think that would change. I think either Sun or Moon will get the Dusk form.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Kukui uses Midday Lycanroc in the games and Oliva uses the Midnight form in the manga. I don't think that would change. I think either Sun or Moon will get the Dusk form.
Maybe but dusk form don't seem to fit their personality all that well .

shoz999

Then maybe Hau will get the Dusk Form Lycanroc since he gives the Lycanium Z in ultra sun/moon but I doubt it because his team is very close to the ones in the game. It can go either way.
Actually... you might be onto something. Still, I feel like Pokemon Adventures has to show all three Lycanroc's in the manga, there one of the more famous Pokemon of the 7th gen afterall.

Kein

AKA Silktree
This manga is about cramming in as many game elements as possible at the end of the day. I would at least expect LGPE to get Ranger-like treatment for the sake of the new Pokemon.

shoz999

This manga is about cramming in as many game elements as possible at the end of the day. I would at least expect LGPE to get Ranger-like treatment for the sake of the new Pokemon.
Honestly, if they do LGPE as an arc, I don't think the newly designed pwotagonists and rival will be there own characters, rather I think Red, Blue, and Green will fit into those new clothes, and quite easily in fact. The new "Red" in LGPE easily looks like Adventure's Red, I mean specifically Adventure's Red, not the classic Red, not Ash, Adventure's Red with his spiky hair going to the front of his forehead. The new "Blue" (female) in LGPE does actually just look like Leaf in more sporty clothing. As for Trace, he is literally just a friendly version of "Green". Than there's the fact that Brock and Misty are portrayed in there original ages in LGPE implying that this really is just a Yellow Reboot, if you wanna get deeper probably set in an alternate timeline. Basically I can't really see LGPE's "Red" and "Blue" acting as Red and Yellow's children or "Trace" being his own character in the Adventure-verse.

Redstar45

Honestly, if they do LGPE as an arc, I don't think the newly designed pwotagonists and rival will be there own characters, rather I think Red, Blue, and Green will fit into those new clothes, and quite easily in fact. The new "Red" in LGPE easily looks like Adventure's Red, I mean specifically Adventure's Red, not the classic Red, not Ash, Adventure's Red with his spiky hair going to the front of his forehead. The new "Blue" (female) in LGPE does actually just look like Leaf in more sporty clothing. As for Trace, he is literally just a friendly version of "Green". Than there's the fact that Brock and Misty are portrayed in there original ages in LGPE implying that this really is just a Yellow Reboot, if you wanna get deeper probably set in an alternate timeline. Basically I can't really see LGPE's "Red" and "Blue" acting as Red and Yellow's children or "Trace" being his own character in the Adventure-verse.

Kusaka would have pull i choose you films universe crap that was upset most classic pocket monsters anime show fans on Pokemon special and that would not going to be treated very welcome by most fans ......

shoz999

Kusaka would have pull i choose you films universe crap that was upset most classic pocket monsters anime show fans on Pokemon special and that would not going to be treated very welcome by most fans ......
I think the LGPE thing can work as Red, Blue, Green in the new LGPE clothing with Yellow as a star... and a redesign. She seriously needs a redesign, even Emerald got a pretty cool and natural simple-looking redesign. Also I don't mind the multiverse stuff as long as it serves as part of the lore like ultra wormholes, not an entirely new story set in an entirely different dimension.

Redstar45

I think the LGPE thing can work as Red, Blue, Green in the new LGPE clothing with Yellow as a star... and a redesign. She seriously needs a redesign, even Emerald got a pretty cool and natural simple-looking redesign. Also I don't mind the multiverse stuff as long as it serves as part of the lore like ultra wormholes, not an entirely new story set in an entirely different dimension.
Ehh it is not great idea to do that as Pokemon anime show did the one that is better than the games and it's more closer to the classic star trek mirrors episode when that everyone in that universe have their personality difference from their respective main counterparts like mirror Ash is crying baby and is scared cat then our fearless and more heroic Ash.

shoz999

Ehh it is not great idea to do that as Pokemon anime show did the one that is better than the games and it's more closer to the classic star trek mirrors episode when that everyone in that universe have their personality difference from their respective main counterparts like mirror Ash is crying baby and is scared cat then our fearless and more heroic Ash.
Did what better?

Redstar45

Whole thing about au stuff ? I am not huge fan of that Pokemon company try do dc comics and marvel comics been doing with their multiverse stuff that they been know to know

ShadowForce720

I'm not sure where to put this since it seems like there is no particular Pokemon Adventures/Special team speculation thread, but looking at Sun's Team besides having a Alolan Meowth and a Torracat(which started as a Litten) which he started the series with he has a Wishiwashi and a Mimikyu both of which were Totem pokemon of their respective trials so given that so far the two pokemon that we've seen him catch have been totem pokemon do you think it's safe to presume that his last two team members are going to be Totem Pokemon as well?

Which if that is the case that would mean that his options for his last two team members would break down like this:
Kommo-o
Rimbombee
Lurantis(which we've already seen it since it battled Moon)
Gumshoos
Alolan Raticate
Salazzle
Araquanid
Togedemaru
Alolan Marowak
Vikavolt

interesting thing to note both of Sun's captures so far have been standalone pokemon.

Also do you think that Moon is going to get a Poipole given her affinity towards Poison types?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Sun's team is clearly meant to be based on money, and not just in how he names them after real world currencies.

Alolan Meowth were descended from royalty, so they lived lives of luxury.

Incineroar is a pro wrestler, who are performers (for money, obviously).

Wishiwashi are worthless on their own and need to amass a large number of themselves in order to fight properly. Just like how a single cent is completely useless.

Sun mistook Franc for a Pikachu doll, something that's sold in stores.

Last month, Sun encountered a Crabominable that he compared to a mafia don. That's also money-related, given what gangsters do. So I'm gonna assume that's his next capture. I feel like Kusaka wouldn't have bothered to give a random wild Pokemon a backstory if it wasn't going to be. (Plus Crabominable is Hala's main Pokemon in the games whereas it's nowhere to be seen here. Suspicious.)

Which if that is the case that would mean that his options for his last two team members would break down like this:
Kommo-o
Rimbombee
Lurantis(which we've already seen it since it battled Moon)
Gumshoos
Alolan Raticate
Salazzle
Araquanid
Togedemaru
Alolan Marowak
Vikavolt

Only problem I see with some of those choices is that we're on Poni now, so unless the unseen Totems go there, he probably won't get them. Sun caught Baht and Franc in their respective trials.

Also do you think that Moon is going to get a Poipole given her affinity towards Poison types?

Protagonists have been getting Legendaries and Mythicals since Gen VI. Not giving one of our protagonists one of the fancy new types of Pokemon would be a massive waste. There are two Poison-type Ultra Beasts available and a Dex holder who specifically likes them, so I can't see a single reason why not.

Sun can just get Nebby.

ShadowForce720

So would you say this would probably be a good guess as to what Sun's Team will probably look like:

Sun's Team:
Alolan Persian(presuming that it evolves although it could just wind up staying as a Alolan Meowth)
Incineroar
Wishiwashi
Mimikyu
Crabominable
Solgaleo/Lunala(AKA Nebby)

Also one thing I notice in Pokemon Adventures/Special Sun and Moon is that during the whole Full Force Battle when Moon was battling Gladion she specifically pointed out that Gladion seemed to have an interest in Artificial Pokemon so do you think it's probably safe to say that Gladion's other 4 pokemon will also be Artificial Pokemon?

If so which Artifical pokemon do you think he will get here is a list of them:

Voltorb line
Porygon line(already owned)
Mewtwo
Baltoy line
Casform
Banette
Trubbish line
Golett line
Genesect
Type: Null line( already owned)
Magearna