• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Huh. Now that you guys mentioned it. It does make a lot of sense for Moon to get Naganadel, given her love of Poison-types and I suspect that one of them will own an Ultra Beast (Poipole being the most popular and unique for having an evolution on it's own). It would be a really huge missed opportunity for Moon not to get one. I mean who else would get an Ultra Beast? Also I'm going to guess that Sun is going to get Solgaleo because lions represent royalty and riches and Solgaleo matches his name, Sun.

Pokemon.Manga

Sun's team is clearly meant to be based on money, and not just in how he names them after real world currencies.

Alolan Meowth were descended from royalty, so they lived lives of luxury.

Incineroar is a pro wrestler, who are performers (for money, obviously).

Wishiwashi are worthless on their own and need to amass a large number of themselves in order to fight properly. Just like how a single cent is completely useless.

Sun mistook Franc for a Pikachu doll, something that's sold in stores.

Last month, Sun encountered a Crabominable that he compared to a mafia don. That's also money-related, given what gangsters do. So I'm gonna assume that's his next capture. I feel like Kusaka wouldn't have bothered to give a random wild Pokemon a backstory if it wasn't going to be. (Plus Crabominable is Hala's main Pokemon in the games whereas it's nowhere to be seen here. Suspicious.)

Only problem I see with some of those choices is that we're on Poni now, so unless the unseen Totems go there, he probably won't get them. Sun caught Baht and Franc in their respective trials.

Protagonists have been getting Legendaries and Mythicals since Gen VI. Not giving one of our protagonists one of the fancy new types of Pokemon would be a massive waste. There are two Poison-type Ultra Beasts available and a Dex holder who specifically likes them, so I can't see a single reason why not.

Sun can just get Nebby.

I honestly think Zygarde would make more sense for Sun than Nebby since he is the one collecting the cells. It would be strange if he collected them and got them all but never got it for himself. I honestly hope Kusaka makes Nebby belong to Lillie since she does become a trainer in Ultra Sun and Moon and we have seen Clefariy before as well.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I honestly think Zygarde would make more sense for Sun than Nebby since he is the one collecting the cells. It would be strange if he collected them and got them all but never got it for himself. I honestly hope Kusaka makes Nebby belong to Lillie since she does become a trainer in Ultra Sun and Moon and we have seen Clefariy before as well.

Why would he keep it? He's only gathering them to get paid for it. It's just a job, nothing more.

shoz999

Why would he keep it? He's only gathering them to get paid for it. It's just a job, nothing more.
I have a feeling Sun will befriend Zygarde after Nebby is taken over by Necrozma. Zygarde Complete form has the upper hand over Dawn Necrozma until he turns into Ultra Necrozma, overpowering them all like the overpowering boss he is.

e9310103838

As secret techniques and partner exclusive moves are released in LPLE, I am more curious about how PMSP will handle all this. (I am also curious as to whether these systems will introduce into the next generation in game.)

Are they going to simply let the timeline return to the evolution of Red's Eevee before? o_O

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
Red said that Vee is no longer in pain as an Espeon, so to go back to its previous form would be a massive regression.

If they really felt like they need an Eevee on the cast to use these moves, then why not capitalize on the Emerald ending where we saw Vee and Ditty together? Have the Eevee be Vee's kid.

Has it been stated only the partner Pokemon can learn these moves? Because what's stopping Vee from just using them himself? They could easily pass it off as the last remnants of Team Rocket's experiments manifesting as these new moves.

As for the Secret Techniques, we did see Yellow Surf with Pika on his Substitute surfboard before. (Insert Kusaka can see the future comments here).

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

shoz999

I think there is a higher chance for Yellow to have an appearance in LPLE arc.
That's only if the LGPE arcs happen. Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee is a fairly new and surprising addition for the Pokemon series however it's also the perfect opportunity to look back on what the Gen 1 crew and other Gen 1 supporting characters have been up to all these years. I don't know about you but if it does happen, I hope we get to see at least one hypothetically canon ship be turned canon or not. Honestly I don't even think marriage is too far off the corner, I mean let's be honest here. The Gen 1 crew are the oldest Pokedex Holders out of the rest, all of them being adults at this point, and they are not getting any younger as more and more Pokemon games come by, plus with the marriage trend going on in the shonen genre, I don't think it's that crazy not to happen. Honestly, I think it's more and more likely as the Gen 1 crew get older. However that's not the only thing I want to see in a possible Let's Go arc, I want to see how Red, Green, Blue and Yellow progress as adults. The manga has hinted several times that the Gym Leader and Pokemon Champion job is a side gig so is it possible we could see those four get full-time jobs soon? I can actually see Red being a Pokemon Professor, he is a battling genius with quick-thinking skills, like how he first guess Bulbasaur could use Solar Beam, so I don't think that's too far off. Same thing for the rest actually, Green being the son of Prof. Oak and Blue being an expert on evolutions. Actually I could see Blue working with Prof. Rowan, who is a PKMN Professor on Evolution. That should be exciting. As for Yellow I can see her being a PKMN doctor or even a regular doctor seeing how he patched up Red so quickly at a young age and likes to help PKMN in need. Your probably thinking she has psychic powers, doesn't need that but I'd say that psychic powers could help enhance her possible medical skills, not necessarily be it. Also their relatives. Seriously! We never seen Red's parents, we never seen Blue's parents talk once lol, and Green's parents, you have to think what kind of person they are considering how Green was raised.

On a side note, if we do see a Let's Go arc, what are the chances of Jessie and James made canon in Pokemon Adventures. Honestly I thought those two goofballs couldn't fit in Adventures but after seeing how competent they were in the training episode, I honestly think they can work as competent goofballs.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
I think with Nutto (The new pokemon in LPLE) that the chances of a new chapter are pretty big. Maybe Yellow will take care of it.

There's gotta be more of a reason than just a single Pokemon. We don't even know anything about it right now.

Heck, for all we know, this is another Bonsly situation where we can use (in a limited fashion) a Pokemon earlier than the Generation it debuted in.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
If j &j have any relationship with red like in the Pokemon anime or kusaka wanted to do his own thing again.

Last edited:

Pokemon.Manga

If j &j have any relationship with red like in the Pokemon anime or kusaka wanted to do his own thing again.

I am pretty sure Kusaka will do his own thing like always. Todd Snap came from the anime as well. So maybe he will put an easter egg about Red fighting them in the past. I am excited for Meltan. I am sure it will play a role in the new chapter along with Professor Willow and the three teams.

shoz999

You know. If the Let's Go chapters do happen and if Meltan does appear in the Let's Go arcs, then heck. I'd consider it a Gen 7 Pokemon based on Kusaka's notes and research he puts into the manga. Honestly I don't think he's ever introduced next gen Pokemon in the manga except for a few cameo's hinting the next region.

Pokemon.Manga

You know. If the Let's Go chapters do happen and if Meltan does appear in the Let's Go arcs, then heck. I'd consider it a Gen 7 Pokemon based on Kusaka's notes and research he puts into the manga. Honestly I don't think he's ever introduced next gen Pokemon in the manga except for a few cameo's hinting the next region.
I am pretty sure it's confirmed that Meltan is a gen 7 pokemon because LGPE is a gen 7 game. It is just number 808. I think its just not in Alola. It's a Kanto mystical. I am sure Kusaka will adapt the lore about it ( The ancient text) in a great way.

e9310103838

I am pretty sure it's confirmed that Meltan is a gen 7 pokemon because LGPE is a gen 7 game. It is just number 808. I think its just not in Alola. It's a Kanto mystical. I am sure Kusaka will adapt the lore about it ( The ancient text) in a great way.

No, they did not announce its number yet. It still may be as gen 8 Pokemon if its number is not 808. ;)

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
I wonder how Spe name the Let's Go protagonists.
The boy is Lets and the girl is Go? or will they named it based on Pikachu and Eevee

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I wonder how Spe name the Let's Go protagonists.
The boy is Lets and the girl is Go? or will they named it based on Pikachu and Eevee

If we get a LGPE arc something that I doubt, I think it's most likely going to have Yellow in the spotlight with Red and Blue taking the LGPE game protagonists' attires. I don't think Kusaka will bother making new characters from scratch just for another Kanto arc.