• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
If we get a LGPE arc something that I doubt, I think it's most likely going to have Yellow in the spotlight with Red and Blue taking the LGPE game protagonists' attires. I don't think Kusaka will bother making new characters from scratch just for another Kanto arc.
You know what we aren't talking about? Yellow getting possibly a NEW DESIGN! We've seen Emerald getting one, I'd think it's not too far off for Yellow to get one. Even better! You know what would definitely be cool? Seeing the RGBY gang change outfits overtime like in the new Let's Go Titles.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Characters only really get new designs if their game counterparts get them (or in Crys' case, her game counterpart's replacement).

Emerald's ORAS design isn't even completely new. It's just his original outfit minus the stuff he used to make himself look taller (because why would he need to wear that stuff anymore?) + new pants and weird-looking shoes.

And honestly, I'm not sure if they'll be able to make the LGPE kids' outfits work on characters that are in their late teens/early twenties.

shoz999

Characters only really get new designs if their game counterparts get them (or in Crys' case, her game counterpart's replacement).

Emerald's ORAS design isn't even completely new. It's just his original outfit minus the stuff he used to make himself look taller (because why would he need to wear that stuff anymore?) + new pants and weird-looking shoes.

And honestly, I'm not sure if they'll be able to make the LGPE kids' outfits work on characters that are in their late teens/early twenties.
I think it can work. Their just sports clothing in kid size, make it in adult sizes. It will work the same. Also regardless of what you've said, I feel Yellow is LOOONG overdue for new clothing, Also Emerald's design is still not only considered new but I recall reading somewhere his new design was inspired by a movie Kusaka saw, a character wearing a bandolier over his chest similar to Emerald.

e9310103838

I doubt that they will let Yellow wear LGPE protagonist costume. This will cause Yellow to change from an original character to game character. (it is a different example with Blue who is the character based on the game official illustration.)

Last edited:

shoz999

I doubt that they will let Yellow wear LGPE protagonist costume. This will cause Yellow to change from an original character to game character. (it is a different example with Blue who is according to the game official illustration.)
I meant Red, Green and Blue in the LGPE clothings and Yellow's clothings getting it's own LGPE update.

shoz999

Does it mean Blue might catch an Eevee too?

Red and Y both had an Eevee but both Eevees evolved.
Personally with Let's Go Eevee, I'm hoping Vee the Espeon gets more attention. It's been a while since we last saw Espeon. Although if we do see an Eevee again, it will likely be a newborn from Vee and Blue's ditto. If that happens, the question is... who will have it?

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Personally with Let's Go Eevee, I'm hoping Vee the Espeon gets more attention. It's been a while since we last saw Espeon. Although if we do see an Eevee again, it will likely be a newborn from Vee and Blue's ditto. If that happens, the question is... who will have it?

Perhaps Yellow can take good care of it

Pokemon.Manga

If we get a LGPE arc something that I doubt, I think it's most likely going to have Yellow in the spotlight with Red and Blue taking the LGPE game protagonists' attires. I don't think Kusaka will bother making new characters from scratch just for another Kanto arc.

I hope Kusaka creates the new characters from scracth so we could see the Let's go protagonists and rival take over for Red, Green and Blue as the next Kanto Dex holders if Red, Green and Blue go to the Battle Tree in the manga. It would be like passing the Torch so they can protect Kanto.

shoz999

I hope Kusaka creates the new characters from scracth so we could see the Let's go protagonists and rival take over for Red, Green and Blue as the next Kanto Dex holders if Red, Green and Blue go to the Battle Tree in the manga. It would be like passing the Torch so they can protect Kanto.
I absolute hope Yellow becomes the main character again. A) It's been years since she's been a main character. B) She appears late in the FRLG arc and C) I think we've seen enough of Red, Green and Blue being major characters. I don't know about you but I'd like to see her psychic powers explored sometime. Main character with psychic powers are extremely rare, actually I think Yellow is the only one, and it would be pretty interesting to see that explored, kind of similar how Ash had Aura capabilities in the movie.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu

Well, that depends on what place of the timeline also Kusaka would plan to do a LGPE arc since Red, Green and Blue are still pretty young to "retire" from that role. Regarding Battle Tree, I could see it getting shafted just like Battle Maison given what's going on in Alola now. Iirc, Green is still supposed to be in Kalos since SM is currently taking place during the second month of XY's 3-month timeskip and if he somehow ends up in Alola after one month too I doubt he will care about calling the others to make together the Battle Tree if the current situation hasn't been resolved.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Why? Having a Pokedex doesn't make you a protector of anything, nor does not having a Pokedex suddenly mean you're exempt from this stuff. Heck, it's mentioned that Pokedex holders just coincidentally happen to get involved in these massive conflicts all the time. Also, there's no rule stating a Pokedex holder can't leave their region. They do it all the time.

Second, there are a variety of other characters that could protect the region, like Gym Leaders or the Elite Four. It's not just the holders.

And lastly, why should they give up their Pokedexes for any reason? Even if the new kids take over, it's not LGPE uses the same model as FRLG, right?

Well, that depends on what place of the timeline also Kusaka would plan to do a LGPE arc since Red, Green and Blue are still pretty young to "retire" from that role. Regarding Battle Tree, I could see it getting shafted just like Battle Maison given what's going on in Alola now. Iirc, Green is still supposed to be in Kalos since SM is currently taking place one month prior to XY 3-month timeskip events and if he somehow ends up in Alola after one month too I doubt he will care about calling the others to make together the Battle Tree if the current situation hasn't been resolved.

Sun and Moon are two months after XY's ending (so five after Team Flare's defeat overall). And the scene where Sycamore talks to Green and Blaine about sending Sina and Dexio to Alola happened before the three month time-skip, so he could be anywhere.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Sun and Moon are two months after XY's ending (so five after Team Flare's defeat overall). And the scene where Sycamore talks to Green and Blaine about sending Sina and Dexio to Alola happened before the three month time-skip, so he could be anywhere.

Oh cool, thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure about that since it has been a while.

Pokemon.Manga

Triple Posting
Why? Having a Pokedex doesn't make you a protector of anything, nor does not having a Pokedex suddenly mean you're exempt from this stuff. Heck, it's mentioned that Pokedex holders just coincidentally happen to get involved in these massive conflicts all the time. Also, there's no rule stating a Pokedex holder can't leave their region. They do it all the time.

Second, there are a variety of other characters that could protect the region, like Gym Leaders or the Elite Four. It's not just the holders.

And lastly, why should they give up their Pokedexes for any reason? Even if the new kids take over, it's not LGPE uses the same model as FRLG, right?

You are right I just thought it would be a good way to use the new LGPE designs and incorporate them in the manga without being just new clothes and if the characters retire to the Battle Tree as well. I think having the new LGPE Kids and rival work under Red, Blue and Green could work though. I think thereis enogh material for a LGPE chapter n ow because of Meltan getting a new form/evolution as well.

It will probably be given to the new girl in LGPE If she is made. Yellow already has a full team so I don't think she needs it.

I absolute hope Yellow becomes the main character again. A) It's been years since she's been a main character. B) She appears late in the FRLG arc and C) I think we've seen enough of Red, Green and Blue being major characters. I don't know about you but I'd like to see her psychic powers explored sometime. Main character with psychic powers are extremely rare, actually I think Yellow is the only one, and it would be pretty interesting to see that explored, kind of similar how Ash had Aura capabilities in the movie.

I think Yellow will be a main character again if we get a LGPE chapter as well. I hope she gets involved using her powers on Meltan if a LGPE chapter is made or training the LGPE kids if they are made as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

iml908

I have to wonder, with Let's Go being a pseudo-remake of Yellow, will we see Agatha again? Last we saw of her, she was escaping from Green and Koga, and that was it. She's one of the few antagonists not arrested or dead, and I still think there's potential for her to be a cool villain, especially with her motivation of wanting to hurt Professor Oak.

e9310103838

I have to wonder, with Let's Go being a pseudo-remake of Yellow, will we see Agatha again? Last we saw of her, she was escaping from Green and Koga, and that was it. She's one of the few antagonists not arrested or dead, and I still think there's potential for her to be a cool villain, especially with her motivation of wanting to hurt Professor Oak.

Yea, I am still waiting for her to return at the right time. Although this timing has not come yet. I hope Kusaka has not forgotten her.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Yellow hasn't appeared for a while because she had nothing new to showcase. The only reason that Red and Blue appeared in ORAS and Green in XY while she was left out was to showcase the MEs of the Kanto starters. Kusaka certainly hasn't forgotten anyone and in a potential LGPE arc she will get her time to shine again.

shoz999

Yellow hasn't appeared for a while because she had nothing new to showcase. The only reason that Red and Blue appeared in ORAS and Green in XY while she was left out was to showcase the MEs of the Kanto starters. Kusaka certainly hasn't forgotten anyone and in a potential LGPE arc she will get her time to shine again.
Actually I think Kusaka just couldn't think of a plot-reason back than. In fact, Yellow has a lot more to show off than other non-Gen 1 characters simply because part of character is based around Pikachu. Pikachu has been getting lots and lots of buffs and attention throughout Pokemon, from Volt Tackle to being the only Pokemon that has access to two Z-moves recently to now, Let's Go Pikachu. There is a lot of potential reasons for Yellow to appear in the SM arc or a potential Let's Go Arc. You know, come to think of it, I wonder if it's possible a potential Let's Go Arc will act as a prequel to the SM Arc after hearing all that shocking talk how Red could possibly be even as far as 30 years old if Kusaka uses that 10 year gap from the games.