• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(PokeSpe Topic) Do you think they'll make a new Main Character for "Pokemon Grey"

SoulGuardian

PICHU ROXORZ!
...Or whatever else the (if there will be) third version to B&W will be?

Obviously, Cheren & Bianca *coughwhoarenotmaincharactersidgafwhatanyonesayscough* do not represent the third version, so I have a strong version they'll do what they did for Emerald & Yellow - an original Dex Holder character!

I really hope they do. I love everything in PokeSpe and (because of my "OCD") I don't want them to change the structure of having all the main Dex Holder characters named after a game. I can't wait to see what they come up with, I just hope the design meshes well with Black & White :)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
They've done it twice, why would anyone think they wouldn't now?

shengar

Silent reader
So here we can wild guessing what kind of character Grey will be?

ReiZerou

It's kind of early to talk about this since we don't even know when the third version will be out. Or its name. But sure, they will design a new character, because there really isn't any more player or rival characters without a name, if the third version doesn't introduce a new character or something. Which would be pretty cool actually. But I hope it's a guy, since there already is three girls named after the third version and only one boy.

I think we should start speculating only once the third version is announced.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
I'm thinking they will, but they somehow need to redistribute the starters. Well, with Team Plasma stealing Pokemon, I guess it wouldn't be hard if Snivy or Oshawott got taken and then "rescued" by Grey.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
If they do I just want to know how the starter line will work. Black and White only have Tepig line Pokemon. I would hate to see a Starter left out or someone owning two starters. I'm so over that.

lolipiece

Staff member
Cheren and Bianca already have Snivy and Oshawott.

There's your problem.

Remmie

So it will break the Kanto dex holder`s record of 4 DH. 5 in Unova. Hmmm, I wonder how they will make him.

ReiZerou

They probably will, why wouldn't they?

The OC will probably be Female.

Yellow - Girl
Emerald - Boy
??? - Girl

This is just a guess.
But Emerald is the only boy who's been named after a third game. And if Cheren and Bianca end up losing their dexes to White and this new character, there would be a trio with a boy plus two girls, which has never happened before. But Kusaka is known to do new things and it wouldn't be that bad if there were more girls than boys in a trio. It would actually end up being pretty interesting.

-Hayward-

Ronin Harrier
I hope yes, and that it's a girl, and that the name is spelled G-r-e-y.

EDIT: I'm also hoping that her birthday would be in October (maybe around Halloween?). We don't yet have a 'dex holder with a birthday in that month.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
HERE IS THE MANGA FORMULA:

1 Protagonist per Version

So yes. Duh!

Really? I don't remember there being a FireRed or LeafGreen. And definitely not a HeartGold & SoulSilver...

SoulGuardian

PICHU ROXORZ!
Guys because Cheren & Bianca are not main characters, I'm pretty sure that White & "Grey" will end up getting Pokedexes over them.

SoulGuardian

PICHU ROXORZ!
Really? I don't remember there being a FireRed or LeafGreen. And definitely not a HeartGold & SoulSilver...

BESIDES REMAKES.
It would be pointless to make new characters for remakes.

lolipiece

Staff member
Guys because Cheren & Bianca are not main characters, I'm pretty sure that White & "Grey" will end up getting Pokedexes over them.

OH REALLY, HUH?

Last time I checked, they do have Pokedexes. Sure, they're broken at the moment, but Juniper is fixing them.

Also, you need to learn the difference between Pokedex holder and main character.

BESIDES REMAKES.
It would be pointless to make new characters for remakes.

A version is a version.

Also, they managed to work Lyra into Crystal's design.

BEANDIP

Pumped Up Kicks
My theory is that, if they make a new version, N will have a change of heart and become a pokedex holder to fight alongside Black and White. N probably isn't his real name so they could be like OH HI I'M GREY

DragonAR

I'm Mexican !
If they do a original character... I hope will be a girl! PokeSpe need more girls!

Maybe that new character will have blonde hair and will be a shorty, like Emerald and Yellow xD

Well, a region with 5 Dex Holders sounds cool, 5 Holders for the 5th gen!