• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(PokeSpe Topic) Do you think they'll make a new Main Character for "Pokemon Grey"

DexHolderBlue

Aspiring Arteest~
I'm actually one of the very few hoping that N is Gray. When I think about it, that would be pretty cool.

It actually would make sense. Even though the manga is portraying him as more antagonistic than anything right now, it'd be just like Pokemon Special to throw a curveball like that at us.

Other than that, I think "Grey" would be an original character, considering the pattern so far, they seem to be creating an OC for every odd number gen. Or maybe something weird will happen where Bianca and Cheren share a dex and combine to become the third 5th gen. dex holder. Just trying to think outside the box...xD

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The only reason for the pattern is because of the inconvenient situations that caused them.

Yellow was created because there was a fourth Pokemon game (Yellow) and no one to use for it.

Emerald was created because by the time Emerald was announced, Wally had already appeared and it would be too late to change.

In the Black & White chapter, we have Black, Cheren, & Bianca (and White, but that's a later time)...

If no third comes out, then there would be no need for a Grey (obviously it will happen, though.)

I really hope it's not N, though. It'd be a huge out-of-character moment for him and a total asspull.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
A third game is sure to come, however I doubt N will be the chosen Dexholder. It would be to much work to basically remake his character and throw away his beliefs and he is a villain of this arc, not a anti hero like Silver was.

Donpo137

I can live with either N or an original character with a Samurott. I have faith that whatever they do it will be awesome, esp. after the last chapter.

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
The potential 'Gray' character should be the twin of Black/White, but wearing the redesigned 3rd version outfit. Just to screw with people.

Well, if they really MAKE a Grey version, i guess yes, but it won't be N, i'm sure of it...
Maybe something like D/P and platinum, just a new outfit...
But nintendo allredy said there won't be a "Grey" Version

lolipiece

Staff member
Well, if they really MAKE a Grey version, i guess yes, but it won't be N, i'm sure of it...
Maybe something like D/P and platinum, just a new outfit...
But nintendo allredy said there won't be a "Grey" Version

No. They. Didn't.

No. They. Didn't.
Actually yeah, they did...but they are probably lying, because then no one would buy B/W...
But yes, Game Freak said there will be no Grey, but they must have said the same thing for emerald and platinum too...

lolipiece

Staff member
Actually yeah, they did...but they are probably lying, because then no one would buy B/W...
But yes, Game Freak said there will be no Grey, but they must have said the same thing for emerald and platinum too...

I'm sorry, but get your facts straight.

The statement of there no being a third version was false.

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
Whatever xyr name is, there'll be one like with Yellow and Emerald.
And Crystal and Berlitz (difference is they're canon in the games too)

Only question is, what'll xyr starter be? They had to have two Tepigs so the current four could each have one. (Technically, I count Pika as one for Yellow even though it was Red's because of the Yellow game)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Let's see:

As long as they dont make a horrible character like they did Emerald then sure. But the question is are they even going to make a Grey game? I haven't heard anything yet.

Rex Kamex

Every generation has had a third game. (The first even had a fourth game.)

And to answer the thread question... Yes.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Yeah but do I have to buy Grey if I have both White and Black with me? It would seem like a pour drain of money if you ask me.

-Hayward-

Ronin Harrier
Speculation time...

What if it turns out that "N" stands for Neutral? I know it's a stretch, but it could perhaps provide a connection to a possible third version game, especially if it ends up being called "Grey," and would maybe allow for N to be that third 'dex holder?

Not that I want him to. Anyway, I know it's a lot of hypotheticals, and I hope they make a manga-only character myself (especially if the third version doesn't provide us with a new one that is), but I know a lot of people here are hoping otherwise. Personally, I don't particularly want Bianca, Cheren, or N to be official 'dex holders/main characters, but that's just me.

Last edited:

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Yeah , There will be a new character name Gray or Grey come the time when there is a Gray version released. That being such since that it`s part of the Dex Holders being named after the new Pokemon game excluding the remakes. It`s just one of these PokeSpecial logic formula if the past has anything to say about it. It will though be a PokeSpecial original character like Yellow and Emerald if there is. Other than that , It might not be until sometime after the BW arc or the MR/AS arc till that character might appear though.

Kameinu

Arooo!
On the N maybe bein Grey thing. I don't mind if he is made a holder or if we get a new character. The whole idea may seem out of character at first, but remember that whatever the Grey Arc will be, it'll most likely take place some time after the events of the BW Arc. It could very well be like the Emerald and Yellow Arcs which take around a year after the arcs that started each corresponding generation.

N goes on a soul searching journey, if a decent amount of time passes between the two arcs, I can see him taking the role of dex holder possible. And I'm pretty sure Kusaka can handle giving him an acceptable character developemt that would lead him to the role of Dex Holder.

If they go with an original character, I'm highly curious on how they'll tackle it. What would be this person's drive? N's could possibly be making up for his mistakes and trying his best to understand a world of human and Pokemon collaboration.

shengar

Silent reader
My theory is that, if they make a new version, N will have a change of heart and become a pokedex holder to fight alongside Black and White. N probably isn't his real name so they could be like OH HI I'M GREY

I'm actually one of the very few hoping that N is Gray. When I think about it, that would be pretty cool.

NO N as Pokedex holder. Its better to make N antagonist that way rather pulled a string that somehow make him realized and turn him into dex holder.
No-Way. And N is far too older compared to the rest of BW quartet.

Original character. Please Kusaka!

Cyclone

^ where it all began
If they've already named Cheren and Bianca in the manga, then yes, they will likely make a new character for Gray

acetrainerbob

has written:
On the N maybe bein Grey thing. I don't mind if he is made a holder or if we get a new character. The whole idea may seem out of character at first, but remember that whatever the Grey Arc will be, it'll most likely take place some time after the events of the BW Arc. It could very well be like the Emerald and Yellow Arcs which take around a year after the arcs that started each corresponding generation.

N goes on a soul searching journey, if a decent amount of time passes between the two arcs, I can see him taking the role of dex holder possible. And I'm pretty sure Kusaka can handle giving him an acceptable character developemt that would lead him to the role of Dex Holder.

If they go with an original character, I'm highly curious on how they'll tackle it. What would be this person's drive? N's could possibly be making up for his mistakes and trying his best to understand a world of human and Pokemon collaboration.

That actually sounds possible. Like with all of the PokeSpe arcs based off of an extra game to make money, there is usually a time lapse. At the end of the game, N realizes that he's been doing bad things for the whole time, so he leaves the castle with Reshiram/Zekrom. Nothing else is said about N after that, so PokeSpe and maybe even the games could use N as a(n optional) Dexholder. I'm not really against/excited about N possibly being a Dexholder, because he's such a great villian yet it would be a great change of heart.