• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeSpe Topic: Favorite story arc in Pokemon Special?

What's your favorit Pokemon Special arc?

• Red/Blue/Green

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • Yellow

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Gold/Silver/Crystal

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • FireRed/LeafGreen

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Emerald

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • HeartGold/SoulSilver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black/White

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
A easier question for me would be which arc I didn't like. The Emerald arc was the only one I wasn't to crazy for, not because of Emerald himself, I'm one of the few that actually liked the crazy little brat, but I really wasn't fond of the Hoenn Frontier Brains. They all seemed like jerks. Especially Brandon and Tucker. But that's not what this topic is about.

The HGSS arc is the only arc I really have no opinion on right now but for my favorite arcs. I love them all but tied for first would be GSC, FRLG, RS, DP, and RBG for the memories XD that's kind of everything isn't it? I'm so undecided.

Edit: The only reason Platinum and BW haven't made it for me just yet is because they aren't finished yet. They could make it.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
My favorite chapter is the Diamond & Pearl chapter.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I like pretty much all of them...except Emerald.

I didn't care for Emerald that much, and I wanted to see what happened to the dexholders after they were petrified. Not watch some brat who dislikes Pokemon battle the brains. :/

I didn't like when Crystal was first introduced for the same reason. Gold and Silver were sunk to the bottom of the ocean. Next chapter, this new girl is introduced, but we get no explanation on what happened to Gold and Silver untill several chapters later. However, I liked Crystal's character alright. I still didn't care for Emerald even after the dexholders were freed from petrification.

My favorite would have to be the Gold and Silver arc. Just because Gold is my favorite dexholder, and it was such a refreshing change from R/G/B/Y

Last edited:

matt0044

I didn't like when Crystal was first introduced for the same reason. Gold and Silver were sunk to the bottom of the ocean. Next chapter, this new girl is introduced, but we get no explanation on what happened to Gold and Silver untill several chapters later.

Honestly, I love Crystal as a character and if you ask me, the sudden switch made me wonder what happened to Gold and Silver and what Kusaka was planning. So I waited two volumes of enjoyable stories of Crystal and eventually, Gold and Silver returned in a pretty cool plot twist.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I like all the arcs, but I really, really, really love the Diamond & Pearl arc.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
In order of preference (not counting Black/White):

Red/Blue/Green > Gold/Silver/Crystal > Yellow > Diamond/Pearl > Platinum > HeartGold/SoulSilver > Ruby/Sapphire > FireRed/LeafGreen > Emerald

I like the R/B/G arc best mainly because it provided the best Team Rocket story ever, which went from a subplot like in the games and then wound up taking over the main plot, and was very suprising in it's complexity. Red, Blue, and Green were also all great lead characters, and the side characters (Professor Oak, Bill, the Gym Leaders, etc.) were all done perfectly. It was great.

G/S/C, Yellow, D/P, and Platinum are all great arcs (though Platinum still has yet to finish, the two volumes it has are awesome), and from what I've seen of HG/SS, it's good. I did not care for the Generation III arcs though. Ruby and Sapphire were annoying leads, the villains were noticeably weaker than what we've had before, and Groudon and Kyogre's fight went on forever. There were multiple flaws in FR/LG's story, and the character of Emerald singlehandedly dragged his arc down to being the weakest (it wasn't exactly bad, the Frontier Brains were awesome after all, it was just....weak. Weak hero, weak villain, generally weak storyline.)

Honestly, I love Crystal as a character and if you ask me, the sudden switch made me wonder what happened to Gold and Silver and what Kusaka was planning. So I waited two volumes of enjoyable stories of Crystal and eventually, Gold and Silver returned in a pretty cool plot twist.

Indeed, Crys was awesome and the wait for Gold and Silver's return helped build great suspense.

I really wasn't fond of the Hoenn Frontier Brains. They all seemed like jerks. Especially Brandon and Tucker.

OK, you may have to reread that arc; they were jerks to Emerald because he was a jerk to them first. He assaulted and tied Tucker up when he first arrived, for Arceus' sake, so Tucker was more than justified in despising the little twerp afterward.

And they all seemed like jerks? How is Greta a jerk? How is Spencer a jerk!?

Last edited:

DragonAR

I'm Mexican !
I like the GSC arc, not only because is about my favorite Gen, I like it because has a new history involving Team Rocket, and because the Johto Trio aren't in the "I want to be dah most awesome Pokemon mastaaa" , they travel around Johto in a mission that not involved battling gym leaders

And Crys and Silver are awesome.

And in second place: RS, because i a very dramatic arc, is like a Pokémon novel!

BlauerMond13

Where's the "All of them" option? :D

Seriously, I can never decide on which is my favorite. Every time I do, I think "Hmm, but I also liked that arc too... >___<;; "

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
Voted for R/S arc, since I LOVE the characters and the plot! But honestly, I love almost all of them too much. (Though I haven't finished reading DPP or HGSS- arcs yet. D: )

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I voted for the G/S/C chapter. My next choice after would have the FR/LG chapter. I got bored with the R/S chapter so I skipped it and I didn't finish the Emerald chapter quite yet. I really need to finish it ASAP!

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
This is a tough one as I have a problem with each arc that decreases the entertainment value some. But, I would to say either the R/G/B arc and the R/S arc. I like the first arc as it was pretty simple and how they tried to wove TR into everything that involved Kantou. It helps that all the characters were, at least, fun to read about even if they weren't too developed.

I like the R/S arc since I do greatly enjoy reading about Shappire's journey. Ruby's wasn't as fun, but I still liked it enough to keep reading. It's too bad the whole race thing wasn't done again, I liked it.

soulsurvivor

Making progress
All the series i read up in til now are all great, but g/s/c wins my vote. I loved the story, and character development.

barak446

voted for the G/S/C chapter. My next choice after would have the FR/LG chapter. I got bored with the R/S chapter so I skipped it and I didn't finish the Emerald chapter quite yet. I really need to finish it ASAP!

eryyy

Ace Trainer
I voted for the G/S/C chapter of the manga. I loved all the chapters of the Manga but the G/S/C chapter had the best storyline and Gold was classic. He always had me laughing
My next choice would have been the FR/LG chapter. I liked the way it was written and it was a very exciting chapter. It had some parts where I was shocked. FR/LG chapter was another great chapter of the manga. :D

I haven't finished the Emerald chapter and I haven't even started the D/P chapter yet. I need to get on that right away.

Synthesia

Rookie Trencher
I'm on the Emerald arc right now, but so far, my favourite is the G/S/C arc.
The story is awesome (I like it how the other Pokedex holders are involved), and how you get to see the character's past.

Status
Not open for further replies.