• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeSpe Topic: Favorite story arc in Pokemon Special?

What's your favorit Pokemon Special arc?

• Red/Blue/Green

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • Yellow

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Gold/Silver/Crystal

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • FireRed/LeafGreen

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Emerald

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • HeartGold/SoulSilver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black/White

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
I love the Yellow arc. Why? Cuz Yellow was the main character thats why! Love her <3
Other than that I like the G/s/c arc quite a bit.

Orbis

What?
See, I despise Yellow. And that chapter. But I really like the FR/LG chapter. It was intense, action-filled, and most of all, strong evidence for LuckyShipping! No, really, I loved it because it firmly cemented that even though he can be a douche, Silver is still the best character. And a lot of characters got cool moments. Heck, even Yellow got a cool moment. Plus, Mewtwo got to be totally Kick-***. Impaling DEOXYS on a SPOON!

Kartik

My fav is the GSC Arc. Mainly because Gold is my favourite Dex Holder. And besides, the first game I got was a hacked Pokemon Shiny Gold Version, which only worked all the way till Olivine City (It was impossible to enter the Light House.), so I wanted to know what stuff lies ahead of Olivine City. And the first Pokemon manga I ever got was Vol.8, the beginning of the GSC Arc, so it got me into the world of Pokemon Adventures.

Besides it's unique, it's not got a kid aiming to beat the Gym Leaders and be the champ, It's got a happy go lucky boy, a serious girl and a sinister boy all fighting against the mysterious TR, each for a different reason. And the climax is so emotional. Best Arc I've ever read. ( I could be wrong, I've only read RGB and GSC yet. I skipped Y because I don't read books with female main protagonists. But I'm gonna begin reading D/P/Pt soon!)

I've read the first volume of HG SS too.(On the net, of course. I can't bear to miss adventures of my fav Dex Holder TRio.) The ending was gonna be rushed, but Kusaka came up with a huge twist and the Arc's gonna be continued in vol. 43. :)

iml908

I wonder why DP is only like 4th. Its definitley got the best jokes and Pearl has the best reactions out of all the characters. Dia has a lot of hilarious dialogue. Platinum is also pretty funny, and the DP arc had some pretty sad scenes, like the "Today I am alone" part, or however it was said.

Platina_Berlitz

13th Pokedex Holder
There's only one chapter arc that I denote story's epic is RS Chapter. Over all is completely perfect. I especially love Courtney's Past, Ruby and Sapphire's Past and Norman, that greatest father in my mind. This Chapter also made me cry a lot. TT

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
My favorite arc in the manga was definitely G/S/C chapter. I think it had the best storyline and it was a very exciting chapter in my opinion. I also liked the FireRed/LeafGreen chapter and the Emerald chapter as well but my favorite was the G/S/C chapter.

Weedy Spyze

1. Diamond & Pearl
2. Ruby & Sapphire
3. Red/Blue/Green
4. FireRed/LeafGreen
5. Yellow
6. Gold/Silver/Crystal
7. Emerald

For the other arcs, I'll wait until I read them in their entirety before ranking.

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
All the Arcs of the Pokémon Special manga are awesome, and epic in their own way. Hard to pick just one favourite.

Ruby/ Sapphire Arc, though, seemed the best to me. The sense of excitement and thrill began from the first chapter, and continued with every pages and until the end.
All the chapters successfully showed something, and brought the story closer to the climax. The climax itself, was highly-anticipated and totally worth the wait.
The characters and the overall storyline too, seemed better to me, compared to the other Arcs.
Not surprised to see it leading the poll.

Closest to the awesomeness of R/S Arc would be Diamond/ Pearl Arc.
Diamond and Pearl are still the most entertaining duo I have seen anywhere, and they totally made the Arc for what it's worth.

Macromind101

Hard to believe that no one chose HGSS. I personally like it the best because of the large amount of old characters returning in a modern chapter, including explaining the disappearance of two characters after five-ish years with one character and over a decade with another. Although it's really the ending of Volume 42 alone that got me over all else. I think I voted on this poll over a year ago when we all still thought that the HGSS chapter ended with vs. Arceus V but if I could revote on this poll I would choose HGSS.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
cant decide T.T which is the best arc
cause l love them all

i wish there a choice " all of them "
:)
cant decide T.T which is the best arc

Meltdown81

I have read all of them and the gold silver crystal arc is the best along with the firered and leafgreen arc. The emerald arc is kinda boring until Gold shows up and revives his seniors.

Pokéyas

Diamond & Pearl definitely, though Black & White comes close. I just love both Gen IV and V games and a manga chapter based on their story are just awesome. First time ever I truly fell in love with all the new main characters introduced, previously there was always at least one character I didn't care that much about (Red, Gold, Ruby). My favourite characters (Green, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire) tend always to be overshadowed by other main characters, in DP chapter they were equally visible. Also the biggest reason is that Diamond, Pearl and Platinum journeyed as a group for the most part of the chapter. Previously it was mostly every character on their own, sometimes meeting and then dashing of, which makes the chapters blurry.

Other good chapters include Yellow, HeartGold & SoulSilver, Platinum and Emerald.

Jazzy-Strings

Aggression
Ruby and Sapphire forever people!!!!! It had my favourite characters in it and it was just epic. I loved sapphire more than I loved yellow and Kris. Another one that comes up really high is fr/lg coz it had all the pokedex holders in it!!! I didn't really like black and white though. Special shipping and rubyxsapphire (can someone tell me what it is called?) Forever people.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I liked the RBG arc, it was creative, it seemed like the writer took more creative liberties back then instead of just copy and pasting from the games. We even had evil gym leaders and likable protagonists (though GSC wasn't bad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.