• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokespe future arc speculation thread: Legends Z-A

iml908

With the newest trailer, it's pretty much confirmed the USUM players are the same as the one's from SM, since they're faces are exactly the same. It's now extremely likely we're not getting new protagonists, and Sun and Moon will just be getting new outfits. Which is certainly great, and will make things less crowded.

Still curious though if USUM will be a separate chapter all together, or if it's elements will be merged with the SM arc. Could go either way really.

e9310103838

Obviously USUM will be another chapter, although we still do not know how they will handle the protagonists. I just hope they will not tell us that this is the protagonists of parallel world. ;386;

iml908

Obviously USUM will be another chapter, although we still do not know how they will handle the protagonists. I just hope they will not tell us that this is the protagonists of parallel world. ;386;

I don't think it's like with Hilbert & Hilda and Nate & Rosa. The USUM players have the exact same faces and styles as the SM protagonists. For all intents and purposes, they are the same characters, and PokeSpe will likely follow suit with Sun and Moon getting a clothes swap. And I don't think it's that concrete for if it's going to be another chapter. Sun and Moon have only just begun, and USUM come's out in another couple months. If the changes to the plot are so minimal that it doesn't make much of a difference, then I can see the elements of the new games just incorporated into the current chapter, like what they did with Crystal and Emerald (at least in the magazine run).

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Kahili having a role in the story has me wondering, though. Sun and Moon are most definitely not going to challenge the E4 here, so her appearance in SM will more than likely be unrelated to that.

But USUM shows her performing a Z-Move pose, which seems to imply she'll be a Trial Captain. If the Captains get reordered, how will SM handle it? Will they do it like B2W2 and use the SM order and have it get reordered later, maybe during the epilogue?

Animefan145

I would hope they wouldn't introduce more protagonists, the series moves slowly enough as is, and unless there's an extra long gap between USUM and the next game (probably the Switch game) they'll fall even further behind.

There's speculation of maybe more Kanto stuff, based on one scene resembling Surge's Gym. I haven't been following the manga that closely but its probably still too early for Red and Green cameos (much less Blue, especially after their screen time in the sixth gen chapters). Looks like the games will be fixing up SuMo's plot a bit (with earlier appearances by certain characters) so hopefully the manga can follow those improvements.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life

With the protagonist are the same from the original SM. I believe that SM and USUM are just one arc at all

Briankelly130

With the protagonist are the same from the original SM. I believe that SM and USUM are just one arc at all

Well Diamond/Pearl and Platinum used the same characters but had two seperate chapters so if Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon uses an alternate version of Alola or something inside Ultra Space then simply start a new chapter with the same characters but set like 2 weeks after the climax of Sun/Moon. Considering there's a portal in that new map of Alola, I would say that will play a big part.

lolipiece

Staff member
Well Diamond/Pearl and Platinum used the same characters but had two seperate chapters so if Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon uses an alternate version of Alola or something inside Ultra Space then simply start a new chapter with the same characters but set like 2 weeks after the climax of Sun/Moon. Considering there's a portal in that new map of Alola, I would say that will play a big part.

Three problems with that:

First of all, Gold, Silver, and Crystal was one long chapter. So if Gen II can have one story, then so can VII.

Second, Ultra Sun and Moon comes out in three months. The tenth chapter of SM comes out tomorrow (at the time of posting this). Unless B2W2 gets replaced with SM so we get two chapters of that a month, it will be impossible to start an USUM chapter at a reasonable time. And God help us all if Gen VIII comes out next year.

And third, there's no reason to make a separate chapter for USUM. As I said before, we're only nine chapters in. The story has barely begun. It'd be much easier to incorporate the story elements into this chapter.

Briankelly130

Three problems with that:

First of all, Gold, Silver, and Crystal was one long chapter. So if Gen II can have one story, then so can VII.

Second, Ultra Sun and Moon comes out in three months. The tenth chapter of SM comes out tomorrow (at the time of posting this). Unless B2W2 gets replaced with SM so we get two chapters of that a month, it will be impossible to start an USUM chapter at a reasonable time. And God help us all if Gen VIII comes out next year.

And third, there's no reason to make a separate chapter for USUM. As I said before, we're only nine chapters in. The story has barely begun. It'd be much easier to incorporate the story elements into this chapter.

Well Crystal really was the same game as Gold/Silver, just with an added female protagonist and a focus on Suicune so not a whole lot to work in and with Platinum, they had the Battle Zone to work with and the Stark Mountain subplot.

I don't mind if they keep it all one chapter, in fact I'd kind of be all over that if they manage to work both games into the same story but I guess we'll have to wait and see what the games do to see how easy it'll be.

I'm curious, what's the reason for all the delays and everything running behind schedule, I remember reading somewhere that the magazines they ran the chapters in ended publication around the time of the B2/W2 arc and so everything is currently trying to catch up.

lolipiece

Staff member
Well Crystal really was the same game as Gold/Silver, just with an added female protagonist and a focus on Suicune so not a whole lot to work in and with Platinum, they had the Battle Zone to work with and the Stark Mountain subplot.

I don't mind if they keep it all one chapter, in fact I'd kind of be all over that if they manage to work both games into the same story but I guess we'll have to wait and see what the games do to see how easy it'll be.

I'm curious, what's the reason for all the delays and everything running behind schedule, I remember reading somewhere that the magazines they ran the chapters in ended publication around the time of the B2/W2 arc and so everything is currently trying to catch up.

For a while, Pokespe ran in three different magazines. CoroCoro Ichiban, which is monthly, Sho4, which was monthly, and Pokemon Fan, which has an irregular release.

In early 2012, Sho4 was cancelled, so Pokespe had only the two left. Its release schedule was basically cut in half.

Losing Sho4 hurt Pokespe. A lot.

With two-to-three chapters a month, we could have had BW end much earlier with more content than what we got. Heck, if we couldn't do that, B2W2 might have run alongside BW.

Pokespe doesn't run in Pokemon Fan anymore, but we still have Webry. So hopefully once B2W2 ends, SM run on that so we can 24 chapters a year instead of 12.

We haven't had an arc run in multiple publications since 2014, before ORAS started.

Last edited:

Ryousha

For a while, Pokespe ran in three different magazines. CoroCoro Ichiban, which is monthly, Sho4, which was monthly, and Pokemon Fan, which has an irregular release.

In early 2012, Sho4 was cancelled, so Pokespe had only the two left. Its release schedule was basically cut in half.

Losing Sho4 hurt Pokespe. A lot.

With two-to-three chapters a month, we could have had BW end much earlier with more content than what we got. Heck, if we couldn't do that, B2W2 might have run alongside BW.

Pokespe doesn't run in Pokemon Fan anymore, but we still have Webry. So hopefully once B2W2 ends, SM run on that so we can 24 chapters a year instead of 12.

We haven't had an arc run in multiple publications since 2014, before ORAS started.

Pray for Webry, Ichiban, and potentially Fan to pick up SM when B2W2 ends.

BlackButterfree

With the newest trailer, it's pretty much confirmed the USUM players are the same as the one's from SM, since they're faces are exactly the same. It's now extremely likely we're not getting new protagonists, and Sun and Moon will just be getting new outfits. Which is certainly great, and will make things less crowded.

Still curious though if USUM will be a separate chapter all together, or if it's elements will be merged with the SM arc. Could go either way really.

Well, also because the trailer directly labels them as having "a new look". They wouldn't need a "new" look if they themselves were new characters. So it's definitely Sun and Moon's protagonists.

Lucky3

You could say the same of the protagonists in Platinum or Emerald, though, and we got characters and separate chapters for both of them. I feel like Kusaka would probably want to do a separate chapter because he likes patterns and the last game that didn't get one was Crystal, and we have characters reprensenting every single main series game. He might not do it this time since there really is no time for it and they apparently have trouble keeping with just two arcs if the delays in BW2 are anything to go by. Still, I wouldn't dismiss any possibility yet.

e9310103838

Although I would say I do not care about the time for progress of the game, just want to have a good story quality for B2W2 (and any chapters). It is clear that their time is very urgent, even XY and ORAS are still many plot need to be improved. (Obviously Kusaka still wants Hoopa Unbound and Volcanion to be debut.)

But that's why they're going to launch the mini volumes. (Though we did not think it would need such a long time in the first.)

And I still think the USUM protagonists will be Sun and Moon. This time they seem to have to ignore the law that all versions have a corresponding protagonist, just like what they do with remake versions. And they also broke the law in B2W2 to ignore Hugh's regular rival position. (Though he still gets a lot of spotlight.) But it is still hard to say. ;476;

-------------------------

Pokéspe fan video sharing XD

Pokéspe 20th anniversary chronicle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbpYDdLzwS8&t=4s

Blue's (famale) theme "Humans are such things"
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av4847420/
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28960150

Pokéspe Girls Fight Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep4LU6Kdop4

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
*Kicks down door*

So how 'bout them blue alien people, eh?

A new villain(?) group. Actual Ultra Space to explore. USUM's look a lot meatier than people thought of when it was first revealed.

Honestly, with these new characters and plot, I'm increasingly getting worried we might really need a new arc after all, but at the same time, I'm still cautiously optimistic that we're still early enough into SM that these events can be organically be integrated into the story.

Moni_22

*Kicks down door*

So how 'bout them blue alien people, eh?

A new villain(?) group. Actual Ultra Space to explore. USUM's look a lot meatier than people thought of when it was first revealed.

Honestly, with these new characters and plot, I'm increasingly getting worried we might really need a new arc after all, but at the same time, I'm still cautiously optimistic that we're still early enough into SM that these events can be organically be integrated into the story.

Well as I see it from the trailers it looks like the story is going to be more or less the same as SM until they are going to go to the Ultra Space to find Lusamine and Guzma. The only differences is the implementation of this new group which they can still do in the manga.

I don't think a new arc is necessary right now.

Lucky3

I'm not sure, but doesn't Kusaka get to play the games before the official release? Does anyone know if he's already played USUM ?

Last edited:

Moni_22

I'm not sure, but doesn't Kusaka get to play the games before the official release? Does anyone know if he's already played USUM already?

I don't know playing, but I guess he gets the information at least. So he had to know about the events in USUM months ago so he can prepare the story.

lolipiece

Staff member
He played SM in September. Assuming he got to play USUM early as well, it could easily be the same.

Not that it matters much since I doubt he'd be allowed to start including explicit references until the game is out.

Lucky3

I know, but he can at least start to set up whatever he wants to do and decide wether to create a new chapter.

If the story in USUM is going to be the same up to the battle with Lusamine, I can see that as the climax of the SM chapter and having a different chapter to deal with all the Necrozma shenanigans, maybe with new characters. It wouldn't really make a difference timewise because those things need to happen anyway.

Last edited: