1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokespe with first season Blu-Ray? Why?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by Blackjack Gabbiani, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Blackjack Gabbiani

Blackjack Gabbiani Clearly we're great!

Ok I know I'm That Person who always wants to talk about other manga series, but y'all got to admit that this makes no sense. Why bundle a manga that has nothing to do with the anime with a box set of the first season? Getting a sampler in there of some animanga or, if they were willing to renew the rights (which they should) to Dengeki Pikachu, one of those, would make FAR more sense.

Why was this done?

2. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

What Blu-ray? On Japan?

3. Blackjack Gabbiani

No, it's a reissue of the Indigo episodes in the US. I saw an ad for it before the 20th movie.

4. Spider-Phoenix

Sorry for the late replay, but thanks for the clarification.

I think they did this because they've felt it'd be a good way to promote the manga: give a "taste" of it for those who purchase the boxset out of nostalgia or something.

5. Blackjack Gabbiani

But why a series that's unrelated to the anime?

6. Spider-Phoenix

To take advantage of the anime to get people to know the series? That's the one option I found most likely.

Either this or the higher ups in the publisher company just thought it was all the same thing :p