• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokethlon VS Contests

Two sidequests walk in, one walks out.

• I played HG/SS and Pokethlon gets the gold and silver medals

Votes: 435 50.3%
  • I played HG/SS and I want my contests back!

Votes: 107 12.4%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I can't wait for Pokethlon

Votes: 257 29.7%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I play even without contests

Votes: 66 7.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonbreath

Profesional Lurker
One thing I been looking forward to is the Pokethlon minigames. I have never been able to get into the contests, so I'm hoping the Pokethlon is more interesting.

So for those who imported, how is it? Fun, boring, a time waster? Useful for the rewards only?

Last edited by a moderator:

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
I find it quite good, though of course the lack of understanding leaves me with having to randomly guess what the event is going to be so I have to use the same 3 Pokémon all the time and just hope I get lucky.

EeveeSkitty

Pokemon.
I think the Pokethlon is a nice little collection of minigames for when I'm not in a Battle mood. I think that it's quite creative and a nice way to use the Touch Screen more.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Well first lets compare:
Both have special clothing
Both have stats
Both have ribbons/medals
Both have enhancment means

Now then while they are extremely similar they are extremely different. The Pokethlon has more to do and it wastes your time a lot more then the contest and the contests now just feel boring and drawn out. If there is one thing I'm to be certain about its that these minigames should carry over to future generations to come as it is a much better sidequest.

~:Shadow:~

The Pokethlon definitely wins over the contests.
Contests become boring after a while of playing, while the Pokethlon minigames just look and seem to be interesting and varied. They waste your time a lot more.

~AussieWonder~

To be honest, I don't care for either of them. I have never been a fan of contests, and unfortunately Pokethlon doesn't grab my attention either. I play these games for the main purposes.

Illusione-Tempus

Pokethlon is fun, really, but I my love of contests never fades away and will never be! I wish they place it in Johto (ok, we need to know where did May got her ribbons).

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I like contests okay, but these seem a lot more interesting. While I wish we still had both, the contests are a lot of fun, and actually have decent prizes.

D*N

Musical Star
I don't know because I didn't played them (pokethlon) but it looks intressting.
I liked contest's but I think I also like the pokethlon.
It's nice you can use tree pokemon in one minigame.
but I also hope that in the future there gonna have a important role of the game playing.
that there really have a story and that you have a apart rival in it.
( maybe something for the remaining character like dawn or soul)
but I also think if that wil happen they must give you the choice if you want the story line off this.

HookShot

Shiny get!
I haven't played HGSS, but I'm looking forward to the Pokethlon. So far it sounds way better than contests. Contests, I think, are starting to get old. They can still be fun every now and then but for now, Pokethlon > Contests

I'm waiting until it comes out in the US, but Pokethlon does look better than Contests. I think they'll be more fun since there's a bunch of different competitions in it, other than the appeals and what not that are in Contests.

Chimchar15

Pokethlon actually looks time consuming and it looks like it will keep me busy better than contests ever did. I can't wait to try them out.

Visual

Nine one six ~
I haven't try Pokethlon yet, so I can't decide which is better. Pokethlon does seem fun, though.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Pokethlon definitely looks like something I would get into. Way more interesting than Contests, IMO.
Plus there's so many different mini games, it makes Contests look boring & bland.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Well first lets compare:
Both have special clothing
Both have stats
Both have ribbons/medals
Both have enhancment means

Now then while they are extremely similar they are extremely different. The Pokethlon has more to do and it wastes your time a lot more then the contest and the contests now just feel boring and drawn out. If there is one thing I'm to be certain about its that these minigames should carry over to future generations to come as it is a much better sidequest.
In you're opinion. Alot of people who think that the Pokethlon is better than Contests often thinks the latter should become nonexistant becasue THEY don't like them. No, Opinion =/= Fact.

I'm looking forward to the Pokethlon, I would like to see both incorperated in the future genrations.

Rakurai

The Pokethlon looks a lot more entertaining then contests to me.

I just hope that a Pokemon's Pokethlon stat limits aren't determined in a way that prevents certain species from having a fair chance at winning some of the events.

Last edited:

granbull guy

Vasoline
I think Iwill like them equal but Im really sad contests are leaving! But Pokeatholon looks really fun! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.