• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokethlon VS Contests

Two sidequests walk in, one walks out.

• I played HG/SS and Pokethlon gets the gold and silver medals

Votes: 435 50.3%
  • I played HG/SS and I want my contests back!

Votes: 107 12.4%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I can't wait for Pokethlon

Votes: 257 29.7%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I play even without contests

Votes: 66 7.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Eevee

I like the Pokeathlon but not as much as the contests in Emerald.
I hate the Sinnoh contests >_<
The pokeathlon is also easier than contests, so I can get items pretty quickly.

Rakurai

Am I the only person who feels that Pennant Capture is extremely difficult?

It's the only game that the AI is actually good at playing.

I've barely managed to beat the first record for it, and have yet to come even remotely close to beating the second. Stealing flags would make getting the record a lot easier, but it's practically impossible with the way the AI handles their Pokemon.

Pokeathlon > Contests.

I'm pretty good at the Speed, Power and Stamina Courses - it's the Skill Course I'm stumped on...

NES

Flip me to the side!
I love Pokethlon, i never been into contests, since advance i thought of them as boring :/ Pokethlon are really fun mini games.

I love Speed and Power.

5blackout55

Ace Trainer Blackout
I would rather have the RSE contest than the DPP's and the pokethlon

mia100

I managed to get the star for my trainer card today :) The Penant Capture had me stumped for a while. It was a nice challenge. I never managed to get the contest star back on Platinum it was just too hard. Now I've got to try the Battle Tower. My current record is 21! Almost there!

TheSmexyMoogle

getting 450 on the jump contest is a pain b/c the last event needs speed and my good jumpers aren't too fast. I used a Golbat, Electrode, and Ledeba and got 446.. lol..

halfwheat

a winrar is me
The Pokeathlon is a million times better than contests ever were. Wow.

pennant capture is tough, idk how anyone can get 50 pennants. it's absurd.

And overall, the jump contest is hardest, especially with the hurdles because flying types will stay in the air for a long time then land right on a hurdle X|

TheMagician

Illusion & Deception

And overall, the jump contest is hardest, especially with the hurdles because flying types will stay in the air for a long time then land right on a hurdle X|
I managed to beat the first record for Pennant Capture... The second one, however, eludes me. This particular event can make or break me in the Skill course. It is the one I often perform the worst in...

And yeah, judging when to have your Flying-types (and Ghost-types, since most of them have great jump skill) jump a hurdle is a pain. My Mismagius stays in the air for who knows how long, and every time I have it jump, it seems to hit a hurdle on the way down 9 times outta 10. Frustrating. lol

Minor setbacks though. The Stamina Course is fun! In short, I love the Pokeathlon! It is far superior to Super Contests, which I hated to the core.

Yeah, the Pennant Capture is extremely hard. I beat the in-game record of 35 by one point. :3
Yes, the Hurdle Jump is hard for flying types. >.< The best time I got on that was 98.8 Seconds...

SmartD

I like the Pokeathlon better than the contests. They're more fun and I can get items easier. My favorite is the Block Smash, smashing rocks is so awesome.

BigDaddy D

You're on thin ice
I like the 'thon better, but I must stick with the contest cuz it originated in Sapphire:)
;382;

yeminied

Pokéathlon is so much better than Super Contests.

Maybe because they are fun and you can achieve something other than a star on your trainer card.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Of the little Pokéathlon I've played thus far, I prefer it over DPPt's Contests. Contests were better in RSE anyway.

damonchedder12

iam the hoenn master
Pokeathlon is way better than the contests because its way more fun and i just thought that the pokemon contests where really boring

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Pokethlon by far. You actually do stuff on that instead of looking at several pieces of paper for the right accessories to put for the chosen dress-up theme. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.