• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokethlon VS Contests

Two sidequests walk in, one walks out.

• I played HG/SS and Pokethlon gets the gold and silver medals

Votes: 435 50.3%
  • I played HG/SS and I want my contests back!

Votes: 107 12.4%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I can't wait for Pokethlon

Votes: 257 29.7%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I play even without contests

Votes: 66 7.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
Pokethlon definitely beats contests! I'm not saying contests aren't good, but the Pokethlon has much more excitement in it.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I like pokeathlon a bit more than contests. I beat master rank contest easily, and no one I knew was any good at them. Pokeathlon is no different in that way, but there is more of a reason for it besides the trainer card. I tend to go to Pokeathlon because there is always a reason for it, like winning all medals with an Unown.

gugtup

I have already beaten all of the normal contests with three pokemon:
electrode, electrode and electrode

darksteel460

slice and dice
i liked the contest in RSE alot and the ones in DPPt were pretty good and although i prefer the pokeethelon i kinda miss the contests but i still got my DPt if i ever want to do a contest so its good i like the pokethelon alot

Firebrand

Indomitable
I have to say pokeathlon all the way. The events are faster, less time consuming and far less repititve or tedious.

Pokethlon no contest (no pun intended).

1) The pokethlon doesn't require you to feed your pokemon several food items (pokeblock, poffin) in order to get the best rank. You can use them if you like, but its not neccessary (I got into the very last room using no pokejuice at all).

2) Since the pokethlon is depended on nature and not movesets, its a lot easier to use your travelling party for the events.

3) Each event is different and actually fun.

4) There is an incentive to playing the pokethlon. The only reward for doing well in the contests are bragging rights ribbons. The pokethlon gives you points that you can use to buy rare and useful items, like elemental stones (particularly the dusk and dawn stones).

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Most definitely the Pokethlon...because it's actually fun?

Also it tests your actual physical usage with the DS, rather than just feeding Pokeblocks as the only way to gain better stats.

Tf5174

Both were boring tbh.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I've played it, and while some of the games are really annoying (Lamp Jump, Flag Dealy), overall I'm starting to like it a lot.

Pancakes!

<- sensual
I actually enjoyed Gen III contests. For some reason Gen IV contests were boring. So I'd have to say Pokethlon.

rekreatur

I prefer the contests in RSE, they were much better without the dressing up and dance shit. Pokéthlon is alright, but I absolutely hate the football thing.

arceus03

^Ditto. I never entered a contest in the 4th Gen, but I remember entering up to Master Rank in my Ruby ^^

Pokeathlon.. Just been to one. Okay, I guess. Better than the 4th Gen contest anyway, imo. And I think making Apri-whatever they're called is easier than baking Puffins.

And you get Moomoo Milk with Pokeathlon 8D

I think you only get Ribbons, and nothing else, in contests.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
pokethon is just a more fun and better version of contests. And how many items can you get in a contest versus a pokethon? Most of my item evolution pokemon have evolved from pokethon. And hello pokethon is awsome. especially the jumping category.

Never got into contests, but I'm enjoying the Pokéathlon. Touch screen controls, records to obsess over and the more involved play are all improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.