• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokethlon VS Contests

Two sidequests walk in, one walks out.

• I played HG/SS and Pokethlon gets the gold and silver medals

Votes: 435 50.3%
  • I played HG/SS and I want my contests back!

Votes: 107 12.4%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I can't wait for Pokethlon

Votes: 257 29.7%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I play even without contests

Votes: 66 7.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Pokethlon is far superior. Don't bring back contests.

GreenEspeon

Water Gym Leader
I actually like the pokeathlon more. I used to like contests, but I find the pokeathlon more fun. It has more awesomeness. Lol. You can enter three pokemon instead of just one.

Absol-ute Zero

Disastrous Trainer
Pokeathlon, no question. It's actually enjoyable to play and I don't have to waste hours getting poffins for my pokemon to eat just to end up losing the contest by a slight margin.

Absol-ute Zero

Disastrous Trainer
Pokeathlon, no question. It's actually enjoyable to play and I don't have to waste hours getting poffins for my pokemon to eat just to end up losing the contest by a slight margin.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
Pokéathelon, hands down.

In truth, I always hated contest. Feels demeaning to the pokémon, making them dress up and making them dance. Bleh. At least, in Pokéathelon, they're actually doing something! Using thier skills to complete athletic events.

.....Plus, I'm better at Pokéathelon. I suck at Contests. (I've only ever won one Master Ribbon....In Beauty, with my Breloom.)

Just my Two Cents, though.

;308;Nemmeh;107;

Manchee

extra toasty
I think they're both pretty awesome. I prefer the R/S contests to D/P ones though. I think both Contests and the Pokéthelon are really cool in terms of what they are. Making Pokéblocks was cool, and so was looking at what move helped in each type of Contest category.

On the other hand, it's also fun to have certain Pokémon for certain Pokéthelon events. In Contests anything could be entered, but now it's more looking for Pokémon that are fast, strong, etc. Plus there's a lot more than just one thing to do.

It's still a tie for me, though I might be leaning a little more towards the Pokéthelon ;3

Chaos Rush

I hate them both. Contests are way too long and boring, and the Pokethlon is very boring.

I could tolerate contests in Gen III, but Gen IV contests completely screwed everything.

Chaos Rush

I hate them both. Contests are way too long and boring, and the Pokethlon is very boring.

I could tolerate contests in Gen III, but Gen IV contests completely screwed everything.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
i think that pokeathalon was so much better than contests. They were just... bleh.

Aurath8

Loving the pokethlon. Power and Skill are my favourites.
Power because I like making fun of team Aven when she does terrible in Block Smash and Goal Roll.
Skill because it was the first course I won and it's so easy to get points.
Max point plan:
Team Espeon, Mismagius and Speed Aprijuice Magneton.
Snow Throw. Left-handed? aim at team on left and vice versa for right hand. instant 200 points.
Goal roll. nothing special just win.
Pennant capture. Hope for good flag placement.
My points total is usually around 500 every time. Not to mention the bonus 100 points for winning.
Repeat 5 times.
Were in the money! (points)

[GS]

Staring at my phone
3rd Gen. contests were pretty awesome, but I didn't
enjoy them as much in D/P/PT.

Pokéathlon is cool also, especially since you can get
some pretty cool items, like Evo-Stones and PP Ups.

Cryptic Blaze

Blinded by the light
I prefer the Pokethlon.
I never really did like the contests in the first place. In contests, all you get for winning is a Ribbon (which is good), but in the pokethlon you get medals and points to buy prizes.
Also, the pokethlon is much more fun for me.

Pokeathlon did it for me mostly, I got a shiny stone out of it for my TogeKiss :). Which makes me happy. I actually hated most of the contest not much fun outta it.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
I never got into the contests, they were too time consuming, especially for what you won. But it seemed too boring, like pokemon had stumbled into a dog show or something.

With the pokeathlon, I actually want to catch the best pokemon for the best stars, and it's almost like pokemon has its very own olympics. Plus the diversity of minigames makes me want to play them with my friends, harkening back to the good 'ol Mario Party days where we played nothing but the minigames.

Pokeathlon also reminds me of that one DS game called Pokemon Dash.

Last edited:
Never liked the contests, weren't my cup of tea and I think I entered one or two contests then gave up! Pokethlon on the other hand is my thing and I've wasted far far too much time on the Pokethlon instead of actual training! Plus the prizes for the Pokathlon are more rewarding than the contests so that was an incentive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.