• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokethlon VS Contests

Two sidequests walk in, one walks out.

• I played HG/SS and Pokethlon gets the gold and silver medals

Votes: 435 50.3%
  • I played HG/SS and I want my contests back!

Votes: 107 12.4%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I can't wait for Pokethlon

Votes: 257 29.7%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I play even without contests

Votes: 66 7.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
I can hold my own in the Pokéathlon and just love it.

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
Pokéthlon is the best non-battling competition that the Pokémon series has had thus far. I don't care for playing dress-up.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I found contests more interesting than pokethlon

molozon

Ace Trainer
I liked the Pokethlon except for the fact I felt it was raping my touch screen , but I prefer Gen III contests over both Pokethlon and Gen IV contests.

OMG potatoes

Pokemon Trader
Yeah gen 3 contests were the best

Kalosian

So long
I find Pokéathlon a little bit more entertaining than the contests in 4th gen, but I liked the contests in 3rd gen even more than those.

Xsank

yeah...

i really preffer the 3rd gen contests

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Pokeathlon was fun, shame it was awfully unbalanced, meaning that some records were too easy to beat, and some others are IMPOSSIBLE
I like contests better, thought b/w musicals are rubbish. The best ones so far were the ones in 3rd gen, though Sinno's introduction of dressup and dance was great.

The best possible would be, contests with Sinno's dance and dressup, and Kanto's exibition round :/

I never really liked the contest; I felt they took away from the who idea of pokemon: battles.
Actually, that was exactly the point, to offer something else other than battles to pokemon. One of the reasons I kinda find pokeathlon stupid is the fact that we already know waht pkmn can do with their strength. Contests at least offered valid alternative!

Last edited:

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Pokeathlon was an amazing addition. I disliked how during contests you had to bring its appeal up with Poffins or Berries in previous games. I just found contests a hassle. The Pokeathlon was interesting and just required a team build.

Pika Pika333

Impulsive Trainer
Pokethlon is fun, really, but I my love of contests never fades away and will never be! I wish they place it in Johto (ok, we need to know where did May got her ribbons).

.....You're right, I've always wondered where May got her ribbons...

Kaz~

Banned
Pokéthlon is definitely more fun than the contests imo.

PsychicPsycho

Both were fine, although I only prefered the contests in Pt since you could buy poffins, which I sucked at making (well I didn't suck, but they weren't very good since I didn't have a mixing partner.)

Overall I definately liked the pokeathlon better. I think I got 12 ribbons on each of my team pokemon (20 on my starter), but nothing else. In pokeathlon, I've got like 300+ plus medalists and am still going. I liked the variability between events and the way different pokemon worked in different teams. I also liked that the characteristics reset when placing guys in the computer, as opposed to the contest characteristics.
Pokeathlon was fun, shame it was awfully unbalanced, meaning that some records were too easy to beat, and some others are IMPOSSIBLE
Yeah, totally. Like for ring drop getting 200pts is pretty easy, while for disc jump there's no way.
I don't care for playing dress-up.
I didn't like doing it in the contests, but I've gone through periods were I'll go to the tv studio and make up some neat pics. Not dressing them up so much, more like putting them in a situation (like a fire pokemon with the grass field on fire) or using a move (a grass pokemon using leaf storm or something).

shotdown911

Pokemon Dealer
Pokeathlon is soooooo much better than contests.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Pokethlon wins.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I prefer Pokeathlon just because I never really liked contests, and I'm quite indifferent to Pokeathlon. So indifference > dislike, thus Pokeathlons are better for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.