• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokethlon VS Contests

Two sidequests walk in, one walks out.

• I played HG/SS and Pokethlon gets the gold and silver medals

Votes: 435 50.3%
  • I played HG/SS and I want my contests back!

Votes: 107 12.4%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I can't wait for Pokethlon

Votes: 257 29.7%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I play even without contests

Votes: 66 7.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowth City

Staff member
I never did like contests. I would much rather have the pokeathlon and musicals any day. Contests are another reason why I don't like Hoenn much.

Synthesia

Rookie Trencher
I like Pokeathlon better. It's more fun and challenging.

TheAceGlaceon

Statu variabilis
Pokéathlon is way better then the contests, the contests were so girly and boring, the Pokéathlon is just so more fun. Got to the final room, btw

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
They are both fun but I would prefer the Pokeathlon just because you're more involved as a gamer.

Sucker_Punch

I much prefer contests! Not too sure why, I just felt I was alot better in them... my Armaldo won the smart master contest in both Ruby+Platinum ^_^

Pokeathlon was better hands down. I loved the game where you toss snowballs at other Pokemon and the disk catching game was fun too. :)

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
@Person above me.. How can you like snowball throw?? D: Tis the hardest..

Anyway, I'm more of a fan of contests, because I feel like they are more interesting, and it's more fun to think of combos with your pokemon.

But I also like Pokeathalon, It's great fun in its own way.

To me there is no comparison, they are very different.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I never got into the Pokeathlon. Don't know why just never did. As such I voted for contests, which I did really like. I miss gen 3s contests though. Those are one of my favourite side quests in the franchise.

Ruas

I enjoyed contests when they first came in Hoenn. Seeing them again in DP, was also ok, but less exciting. Pokeathlon was a new, so it was more fun. Plus it had a more arcade nature which was a nice change.

Banana Bloodplanet

I prefer contests (specifically the RSE format). I really liked the idea of contests, where Pokemon show their moves and express their attributes on a stage. They look to be even more amazing in ORAS. For the Pokeathlon, the minigame where you try to knock the other contestants off the stage was kind of fun, but I got tired of it after a few times playing it. Maybe because 1) I have extremely low reaction speed/time and reflexes in general, and the Pokeathlon needs some of that since you have to keep moving and doing things, so I felt like I couldn't relax 2) it was like a chore/obligation. I wasn't doing it because I thought "This sounds/looks fun". I was doing it to get a Fire Stone so I could evolve my Vulpix. If there was a Fire Stone available somewhere else at that point in the game, I never would've even participated in it. Whereas with contests, I actually was doing them for fun. If I was doing the Pokeathlon just for fun, it's possible I would've enjoyed it a little more. It was just a means to an end for me, and I tend not to enjoy things when I'm doing them for the destination rather than the journey. I just try to get them done ASAP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.