• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokethlon VS Contests

Two sidequests walk in, one walks out.

• I played HG/SS and Pokethlon gets the gold and silver medals

Votes: 435 50.3%
  • I played HG/SS and I want my contests back!

Votes: 107 12.4%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I can't wait for Pokethlon

Votes: 257 29.7%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I play even without contests

Votes: 66 7.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grei

not the color
The Pokethlon looks a lot more entertaining then contests to me.

I just hope that a Pokemon's Pokethlon stat limits aren't determined in a way that prevents certain species from having a fair chance at winning some of the events.

That's a part of the strategy, though. You need to build a team of "Pokethletes" that can easily cover all of the five stat areas, to make a well-rounded team. In Contests, any Pokemon could be "smart" or "cute" or "beautiful"--which didn't make sense for Pokemon that weren't smart-looking (Slowpoke) or cute (Nosepass) or beautiful (Quagsire).

Would it make sense for Slowpoke to be able to beat every other Pokemon in the Dash Hurdle game?

All in all, while the two are very different, I like Pokethlon more. Contests are fun, and I hope they're built on in future generations to make them better time-wasters, but for now, the Pokethlon is my favorite side-quest.

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
im sooo happy they came up with then pokethon, its looks alot more entertaining, much more so than the contests are, i cant wait : D

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
im sooo happy they came up with then pokethon, its looks alot more entertaining, much more so than the contests are, i cant wait : D

Torpoleon

The Pokethlon seems way better than contests! It provides more fun and has a variety of interesting challenges. Contests were pretty decent though, but I prefer the Pokethlon.

I was never really interested in all the contests, but i love minigames! Although i never really got into the mini games in the wifi in Platinum, i'll probably get more into the Pokethalon games. IMO pokemon stadium was fun 1st of all because of the mini-games and playing with your friends!

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Please read spoiler...

Spoiler = (Enters Pokethlon is better but waits for US release :redface:)

Last edited:

Imagine

ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ᴜᴛᴏᴘɪᴀ
I personally love contests, but I'm also looking forward to participating in Pokethlons as well...in about 8 months. D:

dulden

Dragon Master
Im waitin for the US release and i really want to do pokethlon. but contests r still fun

Bank$

The Pokethlon looks kind of like the mini games that were in Pokemon Stadium and those were a blast. For that I would choose Pokethlon over the Contests, although I was never into them.

Oh and I'm waiting for the game to hit NA.

lapraseclipse

Lapras Master!
I'm a huge fan of contests. I reached master in all categories. Pokethlon i guess is the eqivalent to it in HGSS. I know i will always enjoy both.

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
Contests are for people that are Uber geeks and breed pokemon for the sole purpose of contests Whilst Pokethlon is for people with Skills at the touch screen

ChibiTracy

Dotchi~nyo?
cant wait for the HGSS until its in america
pokethlon is way better than contests

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
playing the pokethlon right now.

only thing i could think would make it better was if they included the pokemon stadium 2 minigames..

delibird delivery ! and hitmontop one as well

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I'm waiting for the US release, unlike many people here. (Can you guys actually read Japanese?)

As for poketholon, It can't be any worse than contests. If they're interesting enough though, i'll probably try them out.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I like contests better, why did they stop them. I mean this sounds cool but I like contests better.

giradialkia

Oh, god... I.. I don't know how to say it, but.. Ugh..
Without a shadow of a doubt, I am positively, 100% sure that Pokethlon will definately be replacing contests for me. Due to the fact that i've only entered the contest hall in Platinum once (and that's when I had to get Fantina). To me, Contests aren't fun. I'm glad they weren't in FR and LG, and even more glad that the Pokethlons were made. My first playthrough of HeartGold will be a slow, lengthy one- and when I first come across the Pokethlon Building, I will spend about an hour trying them out, because they look soooooooo much more entertaining than stupid contests.
</overenthusiastic>.

HaruLatz

GUREITO!
The Pokéthlon is definitely fun! It's awesome, exciting, and just plain fun no matter how many times you play a certain challenge. I liked contests, but I love this much much MUCH more!

Status
Not open for further replies.