• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokethlon VS Contests

Two sidequests walk in, one walks out.

• I played HG/SS and Pokethlon gets the gold and silver medals

Votes: 435 50.3%
  • I played HG/SS and I want my contests back!

Votes: 107 12.4%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I can't wait for Pokethlon

Votes: 257 29.7%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I play even without contests

Votes: 66 7.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sand Alchemist

I´m the only one who loves and prefers Contests lol?

Feraligatr001

Silver Trainer
Let's face it: In Ruby and Sapphire, contests were ok but in D/P/Pt they sucked. Pokethon looks way more fun and unique, unlike contests. And the stats idea and apricorn shake? pure genius. Poffin? Dance? DRESS UP!? meh, could've done without

Last edited:

Darklugiaowner

the pokethlon doesnt peak my interests at all, and i hated contests...i always lost lol

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
what about having both. I haven't really read all posts but why aren't they going to have both contest and Pokethlon. If they have both then someone really screwed up the poll. I realy want to see pokethlon but contest are cool too. If the contests are better than in DPPt then i really want both. Man...... Y IS IT TAKING SO LOOOOOOONG?!?!?!?!?!

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Contest are not in HGSS. I'm kind of glad they aren't - while I prefer the contest style of the Hoenn region, I don't care at all for Super Contests or the Pokeathlon (aside from prizes, of course).

The Indomitable

Experienced Master
Im actually in support of Pokethlon. Its got more to it than contests, and Im willing to be bet that at the time of the US's HGSS release, they'll be much more talk about Pokethlon than contests ever really achieved at the same hype

The Indomitable

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
Pokethlons should be better than contests
I never really got into contests, except on Sapphire where I got all of those paintings in the museum, I found them boring and repetitive
Pokethlon mini games look much more enjoyable + the prizes are far better.

dontlickmynose

MANBAG FTW!!!
i liked the contests but im sure the pokethon will be great

HaruLatz

GUREITO!
Has anyone actually played the Pokethlon? An opinion on it would be nice if you were able to try it out.

There are a few people that have posted here that played it. I have played it myself and I have done everything up to getting to the last room. It's really, really fun! It's not boring at all and it can be a nice challenge too! In my opinion, I love the Pokéthlon and it's a good time killer even when you're done with it! I like it waaay more than Contests.

That said, I would like it if they were both in a possible 5th gen or something.

onew

Yeah, I really like the Pokethlon. It's pretty fun are far more interesting than the Contests in D/P/Pt. I like the Contests in R/S/E though.

mario_128

pokethlon is so much fun i love it

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I like the Contests a lot, but the Pokethlon looks much better. Can't wait to try it

Calm PokeMaster

You get lots of really useful things like Shiny Stones early in the game with Pokethlon so a big Thumbs-up to Pokethlon.

Of course,a "BOOOO" for Contests.

Last edited:

masterleo

Order Up!
^ I agree completely, this looks like an actual test of skill

.Latias.

.:peaceful~dreamer:.
The Pokethlon looks absolutely amazing. I've never been very good at Contests, nor do I really like them. But from what I've seen of the Pokethlon, it looks like so much fun. :D I'm truly excited for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.