• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokethlon VS Contests

Two sidequests walk in, one walks out.

• I played HG/SS and Pokethlon gets the gold and silver medals

Votes: 435 50.3%
  • I played HG/SS and I want my contests back!

Votes: 107 12.4%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I can't wait for Pokethlon

Votes: 257 29.7%
  • I'm waiting for US release, but I play even without contests

Votes: 66 7.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faraway

Does anyone know where i could find a guide for apricorn drinks? I can't figure them out: sometimes the drink makes the stats go up but sometimes they go down XD

(Sorry for posting this here, i think is the best place for it)

Anyway, i've played the pokethlon and it is actually pretty entertaining; the steal flag game is particulary hard in comparison with the other games. I also like the custome you're changed into when you enter, looks funny.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
Contest are okay but I'm interested to see what the Pokethlon is like when HG/SS are released here in the states. It looks like a lot of fun and seems to have more to do in it than contest.

sabatadjango

master of light
I've done the pokeathelon quite a few times and it's funner and eaiser then contests

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I've done the pokeathelon quite a few times and it's funner and eaiser then contests

Have you beat the second scores yet?

I'm just asking since I'm having trouble beating them and everyone I've talked to who've claimed they're easier than contests seem to have not tried to beat all of them.

For me they don't seem that easy to 100% the entire pokethlon. If it's easier as in easier to 100% it, I'd love some tips to get 50 in score in steal flag since I can barely get 40 in score and getting max stats doesn't work since you need skill to beat it and good reflexes on top of the max stats.

It was easier for me to get 100% in contests than it was to get 100% in pokethlon. I've gotten 20 crowns out of 40 so far. You can see the amount of crowns you need to 100% pokethlon in the final room when you click your statue.

From my experience it starts off easy and the more you try to 100% complete it the harder it becomes since the second scores are so high........

Last edited:

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Yeah the pokethlon is better than the contests cause it's more fun and i like to see my pokemon do those events.

clone1

Aesthetics brahz
Pokethlon=win
Contest=fail

I'm waiting for the U.S. release of HG/SS but I can't wait for the Pokethlon.

I love doing contests, and I'm a bit dissapointed they're taking them out, but pokethlons sound like a lot of fun. Oh well, I can always play contests on platinum...

sabatadjango

master of light
Have you beat the second scores yet?

I'm just asking since I'm having trouble beating them and everyone I've talked to who've claimed they're easier than contests seem to have not tried to beat all of them.

For me they don't seem that easy to 100% the entire pokethlon. If it's easier as in easier to 100% it, I'd love some tips to get 50 in score in steal flag since I can barely get 40 in score and getting max stats doesn't work since you need skill to beat it and good reflexes on top of the max stats.

It was easier for me to get 100% in contests than it was to get 100% in pokethlon. I've gotten 20 crowns out of 40 so far. You can see the amount of crowns you need to 100% pokethlon in the final room when you click your statue.

From my experience it starts off easy and the more you try to 100% complete it the harder it becomes since the second scores are so high........

what are the second scores?
Also I've gotten first in the technique a few times and second or third in other ones more then I've ever gotten in the contests

Last edited:

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
I like pokethlon because I suck at contests, and the pokethlon is just skilling

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
what are the second scores?
Also I've gotten first in the technique a few times and second or third in other ones more then I've ever gotten in the contests

When you say first do you mean just beating the events and saying "yes I beat all the computer characters and earned the medals" because if that's what you mean that's the easy part. I just about always get first now. It's nothing special to get first for me these days.

That's just the tip of the ice berg though you get easy crowns if you get as many Pokemon winning every event as possible. So it's good to keep entering many Pokemon aswell.

I'll show you where the second scores are. They're in the beat record room where the 1st scores were posted.

This is a photo of the 2 screens of my DS. However I pasted the 2 screens together in photoshop hence the awkward look however thats because taking the picture separately was just easier for me to get the best quality I could.

pokethlon2.gif

It's probably hard to see but look at the top screen and ignore the bottom screen. The writing right at the top. The second row of writing at the top above everything has an 80 written next to it. That's your second score to beat. That number is the 2nd score that needs to be beat for dash hurdles.

The 1st score was 100.

The 2nd scores to beat if your wondering are:
Dash hurdles:80
Bounce field:500
Ring out fight: 100
Shooting snow:55
Charge relay: 16
break Block: 130
Push circle: 60
Steal flag:50
Catch saucer:70
Smash goal: 9

When you beat the second score you are rewarded a crown. You see in the middle how I have 4 crowns above the events I've beaten the second score to. Don't be surprised if by some fluke you may have a few aswell. I accidently beat 2 of them before I even realised there was a second score.XD

Just thought I'd show the hall of fame data on your statue aswell.

pokethlon1.gif

These are the crowns that are obtained and the greyed out ones are the ones you still need to earn to 100% the pokethlon. Good luck for anyone who's trying to 100% the pokethlon because I've been trying for weeks on end to 100% this.=P

I've almost 100% my Emerald contest which I played for a break in less than 2 weeks so pokethlon is far longer than contests to 100%. I still say the second scores are harder than contests and I really suck at steal flag.=/

If your wondering about the mass amount of rattata in my winning scores. Well that's what happens when one gets bored after going through pokethlon 50 times.^-^;;;;;;
Plus it is nalstagic to go through with it sometimes since it reminds me of stadium's run rattata run when playing dash hurdles.=)

To be honest though. I still think they could have had both contests and pokethlon in the games. I switch to contests whenever I'm bored of pokethlon and switch back when I get bored of the other. They seem to work hand in hand due to how different they are. It would have made the games more fun if both were in but switching between games isn't so bad I guess.

Last edited:

Dark7

Aura Trainer
As in the poll, I'm waiting for the US release of the games and I can't wait to play the pokethlon games!

Icup

I haven't tried neither of them...but I'll most likely prefer the one with no dancing.

sabatadjango

master of light
[

Thanks for all the info.Since I haven't unlocked that room yet so I can't see if I've beaten the second scores , but I just need to beat one more event then I can access the room, but I know that I need just 30 more to beat the break block and I've already beaten the ringout fight.

Last edited:

extremhyper

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! i just played the games on my DS... hahaha i was last... my japanese is crap hehee...the botom screen shower me what to do.. sio when the mini games started hehe. i was just like;"what the...." hehehe have tried the first round, but was last.. well more luck next time...but they are kinda fun ...

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
i like the first event the best

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Thanks for all the info.Since I haven't unlocked that room yet so I can't see if I've beaten the second scores , but I just need to beat one more event then I can access the room, but I know that I need just 30 more to beat the break block and I've already beaten the ringout fight.

Good luck with that.

I think I'm going to be at this pokethlon thing for more weeks or maybe even months at my rate. I've decided to go back to the second room and complete that first since I thought that was easier. So the second score beating has been put on hold for a while for me until I feel up to it again.=P

Well the second room is easy to have Pokemon win every event.

However I have 10 that have won every event but the number stating whats required for each crown rises everytime you complete the objective.=/

So for example when getting the 4th crown for the second room I have to get something like 10 Pokemon to win everything (can't remember exactly the number though it was around there) well now I have to get my number of Pokemon that won everything up to 25 Pokemon to get the 5th crown. I'm starting to wonder how high this will go.........

The pokethlon so involved it's almost like it's own game. The amount of stuff to complete it would have done well as a separate game on DSiware or wiiware. So it's quite a bonus coming with HG and SS. You really get your moneys worth with it however I seem to have put the training of Pokemon on hold thanks to it.=/

It does depend how much you want to finish it though. If you only do the simple things and then get you trainer star and stop after that then it can feel like a side game like the contests however if you proceed to get every crown you start seeing a game within a game start to unlock. Well that's what I feel anyway. I feel this could have done with alot more mini games than it already had since when you go through the mini games 100 times over it does lose the fresh feel a bit.

I still haven't beaten red and it maybe months before I do beat red since I really want to 100% the pokethlon.XD

Last edited:

sabatadjango

master of light
well now I've unlocked the third room and I've gotten green in 9 of the events and got 1 crown, but I think I'll just try and get the trainer star and then just do the pokeathelon for fun, not record breaking.
And also I think contests and pokeathelon rely on 2 different thing, the contests combos, and pokeathelon good pokemon and skill with the touch screen

Status
Not open for further replies.