• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokewalker Woes

foundling_fox

Normal Type Trainer
I've had my Pokewalker for a long time. I've been through more than one, because I'm hard on them, but I'm never without one.
I keep a very precious pokemon in there at all times. She's never been leveled outside the walker.

I have discovered that my Heart Gold game is missing, and the battery on my walker is running low and will soon need changed again. I'm trying to prepare for the worst.
Assuming that my game is lost for good, is there any way to retrieve my Pokemon from my walker onto another game? Is it possible to save my precious Pokemon?

Does anyone have more than one HG/SS game and a walker that they can test this out on?

Please help!

Edit: After doing some digging, it may be theoretically possible to recover my Pokemon if I had a game with all the same identifiers. Same trainer ID, and hidden identifiers.
Does anybody know of how I'd go about doing this? Perhaps with a copy of Heart Gold on a flash card, so that I could manipulate the coding of them game? Would it be possible to find out what those identifiers are from the data in my Pokewalker?
This might take some serious hackrobatics to pull off, if it's even possible, but I'd be willing to do pretty much anything to save my darling Pokemon. :'<

Last edited:

SaltySoul

vytfdtufctuyfj
So I looked through my SoulSilver manual, and you can only send your Pokemon you placed on it back to your missing HeartGold. There's no way (presuming it is gone for good) to recover your Pokemon, as you can't register it to a new game and keep your Pokemon as well, sadly. Sorry, but I hope this helps you a bit. All I can really suggest is to keep looking for your HeartGold, if you think you may have a chance of finding it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So I looked through my SoulSilver manual, and you can only send your Pokemon you placed on it back to your missing HeartGold. There's no way (presuming it is gone for good) to recover your Pokemon, as you can't register it to a new game and keep your Pokemon as well, sadly. Sorry, but I hope this helps you a bit. All I can really suggest is to keep looking for your HeartGold, if you think you may have a chance of finding it.

There is a reset code to get the Pokemon back.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9walker
Hold down this combination: Down+A+L at the Pokewalker connection screen.

Edit:Oh wait, you want to transfer it to another HG/SS. I don't think you can do that.

foundling_fox

Normal Type Trainer
Bump.
Also despair. My battery runs ever lower each day. D':

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Bump.
Also despair. My battery runs ever lower each day. D':

And from the bulbapedia link I provided.

bulbapedia link I provided said:
To replace the battery, a Phillips-head screwdriver is needed to remove the plain backing or the optional belt clip. Removing the battery will cause all steps taken and watts obtained to be cleared. The Pokémon inside will not be erased.