• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokewalker

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
The Pokewalker was a pedometer for HeartGold and SoulSilver that you could use to take one Pokemon with you on a walk. By doing that you could find rare items or special Pokemon that knew unique moves and weren't found in the Johto games.

Did you use the Pokewalker when you bought HeartGold and SoulSilver? Which was your favorite area?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I used the Pokewalker a few times, although not enough to unlock all the areas that could be accessed. I disliked the capture mechanic used in the Pokewalker, and I only ever got some Pikachu from the Yellow Forest area before quitting.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Man I hated this thing. You had to walk hundred of miles just to unlock all the areas and then even if you did there was no guarantee that you would successfully catch any of the rare Pokemon. It was just a headache to use...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Man I hated this thing. You had to walk hundred of miles just to unlock all the areas and then even if you did there was no guarantee that you would successfully catch any of the rare Pokemon. It was just a headache to use...

I don't know if it's true, but I heard a rumor a long time ago around the time that the Pokewalker was released that in order to unlock all the accessible areas, players would have to walk approximately 1,000 miles in total. If that's true then there was never a chance that I could've unlocked all the Pokewalker areas since I hardly walked around much back then, and the Pokewalker's battery would've died before I could possibly walk 1,000 miles anyway.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
ive put 45k watts on it so far 70% of them are legit and yeah i did trick it a fair amount of times. its difficult to get the full 100k watts to say the least but if you manage to do 500w to 700w a day then 200 days or less would be sufficient to unlock all but the event routes. i dont use it too much but when i know i will do a fair amount of walking then i bring it with me. the battery has died once already in the past.

i mostly used it for an incomplete dex entry filling as i only have 1 gen4 game and no other one to do trades with.

TwilightBlade

Had two - one from HeartGold and one from SoulSilver. Hardly used them and then when I finally did get used to them their batteries died. Just my luck huh. I think they were fun accessories but mostly more trouble than they were worth unless you cheated and gained watts some other way instead of walking around all day.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
Had two - one from HeartGold and one from SoulSilver. Hardly used them and then when I finally did get used to them their batteries died. Just my luck huh. I think they were fun accessories but mostly more trouble than they were worth unless you cheated and gained watts some other way instead of walking around all day.

I've heard of people who used various methods to make collecting watts easier, like simply bouncing the Pokewalker so that it counts each movement as a step. I remember trying that myself, but it was still too much of a hassle to get enough watts.