• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokkén Tournament Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ultimate

Return to Hoenn...
saw on youtube... I was already waiting for this game since last year so it is a disspointment that this is the "shocking" announcment... lol :/

greninjamaster

This is stupid. You want to make a livestream for the world to see a game that's only coming out in Japan via arcade? I didn't even know arcades still existed. This is a punch in the throat to any Pokemon fan outside of Japan.

Rakurai

The majority of arcade fighters eventually end up being ported to consoles, and this seems like a big enough project to warrant being ported to the Wii U.

Hope it has more then Fighting type Pokemon in it, though.

greninjamaster

The majority of arcade fighters eventually end up being ported to consoles, and this seems like a big enough project to warrant being ported to the Wii U.

Hope it has more then Fighting type Pokemon in it, though.

Who cares? The fact that they think they should hold a worldwide stream for something we expected years ago is ridiculous. Plus we don't know if it will ever see a release outside of Japan. It's just wishful thinking. It may as well be irrelevant to anybody that doesn't live in Japan.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Sooo when are we all going to bomb Japan? :)

hehe i'll probably be going to japan somewhere next year then i'll hit the arcade when i visit

wow i would say this is indeed a shocking announcement, i felt sorry for those people who had never been to an arcade

Tangeh

omg, I honestly would have been more surprised if the announcement actually was "earth-shattering", but this is such negligible news that I'm laughing rn. Alrighty then. xD

Who cares? The fact that they think they should hold a worldwide stream for something we expected years ago is ridiculous. Plus we don't know if it will ever see a release outside of Japan. It's just wishful thinking. It may as well be irrelevant to anybody that doesn't live in Japan.

It was only streamed on NicoNico, which is a japanese streaming site, so the intended audience where the japanese. It wasn't a world wide announcement like a nintendo direct or something similar.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher

To be fair, this reveal was never targeted to the whole world.

It was made on Nico Nico, a site pretty much only japanese people visit (or otaku), not on youtube or something like that.
The fact that everything about it was in japanese (there wasn't a single announcement in english for this "big reveal") also goes against it.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If they don't port it over to the Wii U that'll be the biggest shocker.
They know damn well a fighting game with Pokemon in it would sell like hot cakes in America/Europe.
It's too big of an opportunity to pass up imo.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Tekken with a Pokémon skin... Ehh. I'd rather play Tekken 7. No Wii U buy from me in the foreseeable future then.

Also, to the doubtful people, this WILL come to the Wii U. Almost all Japanese fighting games (except for Smash and Naruto) go to arcades first, where players try out the game and send their feedback, because arcades are actually still a thing in Japan. Nintendo doesn't own Gamefreak, but it will be Wii U exclusive.

If they don't port it over to the Wii U that'll be the biggest shocker.
They know damn well a fighting game with Pokemon in it would sell like hot cakes in America/Europe.
It's too big of an opportunity to pass up imo.
Fighting games don't even sell that well in the west. Street Fighter IV and Tekken 6 sold a few million thanks to being on PS360 with a then combined 70M+ install base. Pokémon spin-offs don't really sell that well. Combine that with the Wii U not really doing that great, I doubt this would reach even 1M. And this will 100% be localized. There are no licensing problems that would affect it.

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

Xuxuba

I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU, WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU. HOW DARE YOU?
[Tyra Banks mode off]

Well, at least i learned that next time they say something is groundbreaking then it's really not.

Status
Not open for further replies.