• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokkén Tournament Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

RzK

Meow
There is a chance of this releasing on the 3DS? If that happens...

Anyway does anyone think Lucario is Mega Evolving at the end... Something tells me all the characters in the game will be able to Mega Evolve... Yes...I believe Mega Machamp exists.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Looks all right, but I'm not at all interested in playing it on arcades. I'm waiting for a console announcement. Preferably Wii U, since it would be better there than on 3DS.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Charizard, Nidoking, Machamp, Raichu, Rhydon, Jynx, Pinsir, Dragonite, Magmar, Snorlax, and Mewtwo from Gen I.

Smeargle, Hitmontop, Miltank, Togetic, Quagsire, Slowking, Wobbuffet, Ursaring, Sneasel from Gen II.

Blaziken, Marshtomp, Plusle+Minun, Makuhita, Slaking, Flygon, Swalot, Grumpig, Absol, Dusclops from Gen III.

Kricketune, Lopunny, Roserade, Lucario, Vespiquen, Rampardos, Croagunk, Electivire, Monferno, Piplup from Gen IV.

Whimsicott, Sawsbuck, Beartic, Accelgor, Bisharp, Golett, Timburr, Keldeo, Meloetta from Gen V.

Aegislash, Sliggoo, Chesnaught, Barbaracle, Braixen, Sylveon, Hawlucha, Heliolisk, Pangoro from Gen VI.

My dream roster, though I'm not sure how big Tekken rosters get on average. Guess we need either Kangaskhan or Breloom too to satisfy the boxing kangaroo quota.

Bamco's getting hands-on experience with Smash Bros., so maybe that experience, the variance in fighting styles and appearances in the roster in particular, gets carried over to this. When I think of a Pokemon fighting game, I think of Pokemon of all types and techniques, not just bipedal fully-evolved Fighting types.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I think somebody also said at some point that the actual Japanese wording didn't suggest a relation with the Manga too, but I can't confirm that.

Correct. It was called a "Pokemon Special" of the regular online show "Monthly Famitsu Feat.".
In addition, despite lots of English-speakers referring to a certain manga by the name "Pokemon Special", it's actually called "Pocket Monsters Special", so it's not like anything resembling its name was present in the title in the first place.

Also, it was stated multiple places that this would be the announcement of a new video game.
Honestly, those of you who are "disappointed", what did you expect this to be?

Last edited:

Joth

Back from the Dead
I thought this would be stupid, but it's pretty cool looking! I wonder what other Pokémon besides Lucario and Machamp are playable.

Tepig2000

Number #1 Tepig Fan
This looks really cool. And it is definitely coming out in other countries too. Why would they bother translating the trailer for other languages if it was Japan-only?

Joth

Back from the Dead
This looks really cool. And it is definitely coming out in other countries too. Why would they bother translating the trailer for other languages if it was Japan-only?

It's only gonna be in Japanese arcades for now. In a couple years it'll be most likely on 3DS and Wii U.

This Pokken seems cool enough, but it would be better if it were Mortal Kombat instead of Tekken. :p

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I'm only half excited. Yes, it's a change f pace but I wanted a new Stadium/Colosseum type game.

It's definitely going to be ported to the WiiU, maybe not as the first Pokémon WiiU game but it definitely will because a Pokémon game would help shift WiiU sales. I do hope the roster is good when it gets ported to the WiiU. It'll probably also support amiibo... *shudders*

This Pokken seems cool enough, but it would be better if it were Mortal Kombat instead of Tekken. :p

Well, Mortal Kombat is second to Pokémon as my favorite video game series but it's playstyle is way too violent for Pokémon's playstyle. Also, the developers (Netherrealm studios) are in America so...

Born Better

God of Lightning
I'm seriously hyped. Kinda disappointed to see so many people not caring about it and I'm really not sure how or why anyone would think this in any way, shape, or form would compete with Smash when they're gonna be released well over a year away from each other. Even as far as a competitive community goes, nothing is affected considering 1.)Many people play multiple fighters. and 2.)As said before, this is a more traditional 3D fighter while Smash is its own thing. Now I'm curious as to what series they'd use for a traditional 2D fighter.

Also, I remember Harada saying something about trying to work projectiles into Tekken x Street Fighter. I'm assuming this is probably their way of experimenting with that.

Joth

Back from the Dead
I'm only half excited. Yes, it's a change f pace but I wanted a new Stadium/Colosseum type game.

It's definitely going to be ported to the WiiU, maybe not as the first Pokémon WiiU game but it definitely will because a Pokémon game would help shift WiiU sales. I do hope the roster is good when it gets ported to the WiiU. It'll probably also support amiibo... *shudders*

Well, Mortal Kombat is second to Pokémon as my favorite video game series but it's playstyle is way too violent for Pokémon's playstyle. Also, the developers (Netherrealm studios) are in America so...

I know, the violence part was my whole point :p. But yeah, I love those games. Ermac FOREVAH!

Trevenant

Banned
though to be fair we don't yet know how much of one Pokkén
Go play Tekken. Any of them.

nor Dynasty Warriors are "top sellers"
In Japan, yes. And outside of Japan they're well liked because America is a sucker for beat-em-ups.

The former sold just fine
...because it was cheap and on one of the best-selling portable consoles of all time. The Wii U has done horribly. Don't use straw-men.

It sold more than the Guitar Hero series. As we know, though, Wikipedia is 100% false information supplied by conspirators.
This is supposed to be impressive... why?

Guitar Hero was only popular for a few years and during a bad economic point for the US. Furthermore, game sales are never as big here as in Japan for country-specific popularity games (i.e.: CoD sells more here, Dragon Quest more for Japan, etc).

Furthermore the only source for GH is... an Irish newspaper. How on earth do you call that reliable for gaming info?
There's also no alive links for Tekken's source so... lol.

I'd also like to add that companies/sites are notorious for overclaiming sales. See: Highest selling recording artists.

People who keep getting excited over it puzzle me because without a good controller fighting games like Tekken/SF/etc are far from fun. The Wii U has little-to-no serious fighting games on it and as such has no good controllers for those types of fighting games.

Are you excited because it looks nice? Games like Tekken are barely even fun competitively - on a casual level it's more or less just (bad) eye-candy.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Go play Tekken. Any of them.
And if you actually saw the trailer, I'm sure you'd notice that it's not completely the same.

In Japan, yes. And outside of Japan they're well liked because America is a sucker for beat-em-ups.
Does it matter? It still happened
...because it was cheap and on one of the best-selling portable consoles of all time. The Wii U has done horribly. Don't use straw-men.
Or people just liked it. Ever thought of that?

People who keep getting excited over it puzzle me

And people who trash it while barely having any info puzzle me.

fighting games like Tekken/SF/etc are far from fun.
Opinion

The Wii U has little-to-no serious fighting games on it and as such has no good controllers for those types of fighting games.
Tekken Tag 2. Injustice. Pro controller

Are you excited because it looks nice? Games like Tekken are barely even fun competitively - on a casual level it's more or less just (bad) eye-candy.
Your opinion=Your opinion and ya wanna know what else? IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
I'm very interested in this. I never played Tekken before, I was always interested but never got around to it, so this could be turn out interesting, assuming it gets a Console release, which I'd say is fairly likely. If it does get ported to the Wii U, I'd buy it, being a fan of Fighting games and Pokemon makes a Fighting game with a pure Pokemon roster is very appealing to me. Interested in seeing what Pokemon they'll be using for the roster, preferably some non-Fighting Type Pokemon, but even if they use solely Fighting types, they could still have some interesting choices, such as Hawlucha and Gallade. Anyway, I'm curious to see how this'll turn out.

Born Better

God of Lightning
I really doubt it's gonna be just fighting types. If anything, it'll probably be more along the lines of bipedal pokemon.

>About half of this thread
Some people set their expectations to high for this announcement...

Anywho!
This looks like a really neat game! It's awesome to see a fighting game with Pokemon in it that's not SSB. Not that I'm ragging on SSB, don't worry. :)

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
I really doubt it's gonna be just fighting types. If anything, it'll probably be more along the lines of bipedal pokemon.

Yeah, that'd be preferable. Supposingly someone on the reveal stream said that there would only be Fighting types, though it was translated from Japanese so the accuracy of the claim is debatable. Still wouldn't be suprised if the majority of the roster were Fighting types with a few non-Fighting types here and there. I can see Greninja among other Pokemon fitting in very well here, so heres hoping that claim was false.

Last edited:

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Honestly, that was a bit disappointing for me. It doesn't seem to interest me at all. I did once play a demo for Soul Calibur and it was alright. I just wish it was something a bit....more. It looks like it might be limited to amount of Pokemon you can use, since how in the world are you going to get a Finneon to fight like that?

And I don't have a Wii U either, so this isn't the game for me.

craigprime

X&Y Supporter
I've had enough time playing with Street Fighter to know this shall be GREATNESS! Assuming it has all of my favorites, of course. Probably not Cloyster, but I hope it has Infernape, Gallade, Poliwrath, Chestnaut, Dunsparce...

Status
Not open for further replies.