• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokkén Tournament - Time to do a Second Take

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Pokkén Tournament - Time to do a Second Take

(Hopefully, this is in the right section)

With the release of gameplay videos including several match ups, as well as another new trailer, and then the written news on Serebii and elsewhere, of non other than Pokkén Tournament. I'll admit, at first, I wasn't too excited when the first trailer appeared last year but now, heh, that's another story.

The information I got was mostly from GameXplain on Youtube and the link below. I'm certainly getting excited for it. Especially with the gameplay and accessibility since I'm mostly a rookie to fighting games, only having playing Tekken 3 the most with a little of the original Smash Bros. and Mortal Kombat (can't remember which one, but it's playable on Wii) under my belt.

So what do you think of it so far? I'll share my opinion in a little bit, after someone else posts or something.

I have a feeling not a lot of guys are gonna be discussing here...

Link: http://kotaku.com/10-cool-things-weve-learned-about-the-pokemon-fighting-1681468194

TheBraveGallade

It. Looks. Awesome!

The most estatic part? Gardevior omfg.
this... is anime style battling at its finest. I hope there will be a mode where its 6v6(4 battlers two assists) with type matchups and substitutions. The 3d/2d swich is awesome!

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
What was ones Pokémon Type Wind's dream, is now becoming a reality ready to come to the rest of the world by 2016/2017. Honestly, many of the comments I saw is the Pikachu Heihachi relationship. Wow. And out of curiosity, has there been any other fighting game where the 2D fighting gameplay mechanics of Tekken/Street Fighter and the 3D free roam of Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (what most hardcore competitive fans of the fighting genre debate and criticize the trailer with) are fused like Pokken Tournament? Or not yet? I apologize since I have little knowledge of the Fighting Genre. I understand the differences since I played both genres of the Fighting Genre before in terms of the gameplay feel. But not so deeply

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@TheBraveGallade

I know, right?

I was pleasantly surprised with the addition of it and Suicune. I think not, but it will certainly only add to the strategy of using different typed fighters.

@jireh the provider

Pikachu and Heihachi? I'm not quite so sure what you mean by that. But then again, it's been years since I played Tekken 3. The only thing I know that references to Tekken was one of Pikachu's win poses, which, as said by someone in the comments, to have been Kazuya's. I don't know much on the fighting genre either, so I can't say. But it's certainly unique.

EDIT: I have a feeling Hawlucha and Charizard have the highest chance in being included in the roster. And speaking of Charizard, if it doesn't make the cut, and there's nothing else, I'd probably main Suicune. XP

Last edited:

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
I'll either be maining Suicune or Gardevoir. Those majestic bastards. Pikachu on the other hand looks like a little punk (what sass!). I'm interested in seeing who all else will make the roster too. I always thought this game looked pretty promising, and now I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Imagine Wobbuffet as an assist lololo

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Just when I thought I couldn't love Suicune any more.

I love how Suicune is being handled, even the extra muscular appearance. I especially love how it attacks with its tail. Why can't it do that in the Pokémon games?

Also, I predicted a Pokémon fighting game, like, years ago.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@Prince Umbreon

Yup. Majestic and awesome. Also, I think this game's the first to show that Gardevoir does indeed have legs under the cloak. Yup. Pikachu feels more mature to me. Sassy too.

I really can't, but I take that it'll be hilarious. XD

@PrinceofFacade

I like how they did their artworks too. I mean, you can actually see their fur, especially in the case of Lucario and Suicune. Well, I think it's in part that the handheld consoles can't do that, yet.

Heh. I'm sure many did when Pokémon were in Smash Bros. roster.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Really? I see... *looks it up* But apparently, the unofficially named attack was first introduced through Jin Kazama. :/ But I do realize Heihachi can use it as well.

Anyone wanna do some roster speculation and or playable character wishes?

Rakurai

I'm hoping we get playable representation from each gen.

Doubt it'll be evenly distributed, but I'd want at least two Pokemon per generation.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@Deitylight

An awesome kickbutt Pikachu. Yup. Half expected, half not expected. XD
Wall juggle? You must be pretty experienced in fighting games to tell that from the footage.

@Rakurai

Me too. A taste of each time. But there are high chances of fan favorites and obvious ones getting in there, like Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. But then there's the chance they don't add it for the fun of it. XP Just kidding. But seriously, it would be silly for this fighting game to not have the Hitmon's in it. Especially Hitmonlee.

phanpycross

God-king
OML, Ive always loved suicune, but goddamn, he is just sick looking in this game, I dont think hydro pump/aurora beam has eve looked this sick.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
This is like a MUGEN dream come true.

In fact, I think the inclusion of Gardevoir came from MUGEN, and I saw her often.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I'm surprised Blaziken hasn't officially appeared yet.

That being said, I want to see:
Zoroark
Sawk or Throh (or both)
Hawlucha
Tyrogue (Pikachu can't be the only short fighter)
Zangoose
Gengar
One of the eeveelutions
Serperior
Arcanine
Meowth
Weavile
Electivire or Magmortar (or both)
Deoxys
Mewtwo, Greninja, and Charizard (Three of them appear in Smash Bros so why not?)

Edit: Jigglypuff

pretty big wish list

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm surprised Blaziken hasn't officially appeared yet.

That being said, I want to see:
Zoroark
Sawk or Throh (or both)
Hawlucha
Tyrogue (Pikachu can't be the only short fighter)
Zangoose
Gengar
One of the eeveelutions
Serperior
Arcanine
Meowth
Weavile
Electivire or Magmortar (or both)
Deoxys
Mewtwo, Greninja, and Charizard (Three of them appear in Smash Bros so why not?)

pretty big wish list

lol I was just about to edit my post to do that. Well, I'll just do it now.
(Priority hopefuls in bold)
Jynx
Mr. Mime
Kabutops
Feraligatr
Umbreon
Miltank
Hitmontop
Hariyama
Dusclops
Ludicolo
Cacturn
Deoxys
Roserade
Bronzong
Empoleon
Infernape
Electivire
Dusknoir
Mamoswine
Vespiquen
Cofagrigus (I am SO hoping for Cofagrigus)
Chandelure
Bisharp
Greninja
Delphox
Diggersby
Pyroar
Aegislash
Florges
Pangoro

As for bosses, I think Arceus, Mewtwo, and Hoopa Unbound would make good choices.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I am loving the visuals. Its a nice balance between realistic graphics and the general look of the main series.

As for characters, Swords of Justice have got to make it in.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Savvao said:

I know. Several people pointed it out. There's a chance though that because the picture wasn't final, they could've removed it or are working to improve it.

PrinceofFacade said:

Jynx? Okay, I can see the originality in it. XD I would certainly like to see Cofagrigus too. Really like it.

@Emperor Empoleon

I agree too. They have a high chance too.

Cradily17

I really, REALLY want Sceptile to be a playable character in this game. That would automatically make it the best fighting game, ever. However, if he isn't playable, then I would still be happy with any other Grass-type such as Breloom, Virizion, and/or Chesnaught.

Status
Not open for further replies.