• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokken Tournament - General Talk & Discussion of Serebii's Discoveries

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So when pokemon are released onto arcade, do we know how long it will usually take for it to transpose over to the wiiu version?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Given the two month gap, I guess Empoleon will be announced December alongside a future Christmas event.

This means we only have one more slot left.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
woop there it is. but with empoleon included there's still one more slot left. I wonder if they'll do a final poll to include another fan favorite.

Scizor looked awesome. Not fast (which it isn't in the games) but really powerful and with some technician moves to boot like bullet punch. And that mega evolution burst attack is so cool, those wings looked like tabuu's.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I never tire of how wonderfully detailed they make the designs while still making them clearly pokemon.

Sabre_King

I never tire of how wonderfully detailed they make the designs while still making them clearly pokemon.

I completely agree Pokken makes the best designs, if only these designs can be applied to future games, not only in fighting games, but if a new stadium game were to ever be made. But I am totally psyched Scizor was added, but seriously I would understand that the wii u version has to wait but this wait time is becoming ridiculous. I mean clearly the wii u version is looking to add them based on the datamining finding darkrai, scizor and empoleon's data. I just hope the wii u version of the game gets the new characters before the end of the year.

Sabre_King

Darkrai became a technique fighter, while scizor became a power character which leaves a character opening possibly for a standard and speed character. Back when the game was data mined we found out darkrai, scizor, and empoleon could be found in partial files. The arcade version already has darkrai and scizor, which means empoleon is bound to appear sooner than later and I believe he will be the standard fighter. With one last character slot open I would assume it would be for a speed character. My choices for this character would either be hawlucha or noivern. I wish part of it could be filled by a gen 7 pokemon but without stats its hard to say, but these two are some of the fastest pokemon from gen 6 and either or would make sense if the developers choose to fill that final character slot, plus if empoleon becomes the speed character then I am totally lost lol.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Genos

TTYD
Is it too late to make them as DLC at this point? My only guess they'll add the newly arcade characters to a possible Switch version.

Sabre_King

Is it too late to make them as DLC at this point? My only guess they'll add the newly arcade characters to a possible Switch version.

Seeming that we got prior notice of Darkrai, Scizor, and possibly Empoleon in the Data Mine leak in June on the Wii U version I am sure that the console will get them soon and seeing as how the delay was way shorter for the next character makes me think it will be soon.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
If there's two slots left, and one of them will be Empoleon, I'd really love the other one to either be Abomasnow or Snorlax to mark Christmas this year. I think Snorlax in particular would fit perfectly into this game and Abomasnow would be a great way to mark Christmas and also include another Mega into the game.

Snorlax - Hyper Beam, Rollout, Crunch and Body Slam
Abomasnow - Wood Hammer, Ice Punch, Blizzard and Energy Ball

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Hi Croagunk.

Yes, December is clearly Empoleon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Wow Croagunk? That'll be fun! Totally unexpected since you'd think Toxicroak would be put in over it, but as a speed mon that will give great new experiences! Can't wait for all of these to come to the wiiU :D