1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokken Tournament - General Talk & Discussion of Serebii's Discoveries

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by bobandbill, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

That would be awesome. I've always wanted a Pokémon game where we have full, live-time control over it, and Pokken already gave us that with the battles. Give it an overworld and an adventure mode, and you're golden.

Let's be honest, it probably is.

As long as you're not playing competitively, you can essentially get away with just button mashing, and you'll eventually somewhat figure out the controls. Worked for me, at least.

Speaking of phases, if we get a new Pokken, I think my number one desire would be to have the option to fight only in the 3D phase (forget what it's called). I found the 3D phase very fun, strategic, and engaging, but anything in 2D quickly devolved into a mindless button smash fest to see who could trap their opponent in the corner faster. It really did hamper the experience for me.

2. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

I think the royal screw up that is Blastoise is something that is worthy of discussion, and I'm surprised I haven't seen much discussion about it.

Personally, I think they dropped the ball massively, and I feel like my money was wasted. If they didn't feel Blastoise in his natural form would be viable for Pokkén, why even bother putting him in? Changing his physical make up did him no favors.

3. The Mega Champion

The Mega Champion Well-Known Member

Is anyone here still playing this? I've finally started playing it myself. The Switch version.

I've only started though and I'm HORRIBLE at fighting games. So I pretty much suck right now. If you want an easy win then face me. lol.

Or maybe there's someone who's experienced at this who can train me so I can not suck at this game? No? Okay... ;-;

Well I'll post my Switch Friend Code but only if someone else responds.

4. c1234

c1234 Trainer Since '98

If the Switch version supports the special controller (https://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-pokken-tournament-pro-pad/127725) I recommend getting it. I had a tough time on the Wii U version before I got that controller.

5. The Mega Champion

Yeah but I don't know if it supports the Switch and that link you gave lists it as 'Not Available.'

I'll just keep using the Switch controllers until I get used them and get better at it. Which hasn't really happened yet. Though I'm pretty sure that's because, as I've already stated, I'm HORRIBLE at fighting games.

6. Italianbaptist

Italianbaptist Informed Casual

If you don't buy the DLC, does the Character Select screen still show them as locked like they do with Mario Kart 8?

If not and it still looks clean like it did before these were announced, then it would probably be the first time I would say we're better off without it. Because yeah, that Blastoise lol.

7. The Mega Champion

Yes it has a lock on it and attempting to select it brings you to the DLC information. I think.

8. The Mega Champion

I'm legitimately unsure of how much longer I'm going to play this. I'm not improving and I keep getting my ass kicked.

It's infuriating me and practicing doesn't seem to be doing me any good or improving me. It's beginning to seem like an effort in futility. Unless I can find someone to train me to get better at this game there's a distinct possibility I'll quit this game.

9. BlisseyEX

BlisseyEX The happiness Pokémon

I'm struggling to get into this game as well, I started off by picking Suicune which according to one of my friends IRL is low tier so I hindered myself there as well...
    I love the graphics of the game but trying to memorise the combos is proving difficult for the time being for me lol.

10. The Mega Champion

I was originally trying to play this game for fun but that went out the window when I started LOSING CONSTANTLY.