• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokken Tournament - General Talk & Discussion of Serebii's Discoveries

AuraKshatriya

where is this image from

a quick look through her twitter & blog don't have it show up and you'd think Shoko would be more cognizant of just showing off something like that

True, but this wouldn't be the first time Shoko's inadvertently leaked something. Before Gen V she also blogged about how she would pick Pokemon White for Zekrom since she likes Electric-types, and this was before Zekrom and Reshiram's typings were revealed. (She quickly deleted the post afterwards, but not quickly enough).

Regardless, I'm very happy to see my favourite Pokemon will be in.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Sceptile may be one of my least favorite starters, but I am very eager to see how it plays.

Even Bisharp, who I dislike, I am hoping is added to Pokkén Tournament. Main game mechanic no longer applies here, so I see myself potentially loving characters I would otherwise dislike. Except Pikachu. F*ck Pikachu.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Sceptile is really not popular.

even though he really is now thanks to our wonderful smash community who can't let dreams die

I think it is great he made it in. (if this is legit) He definitely deserved attention, I wouldn't say he's as popular as Blaziken or Charizard, but he's definitely up there. Probably the most popular Grass Type starter (or even just Grass Type Pokemon in general) to date.

Slightly disappointed at the same time. I'd like to see Pokemon that aren't as popular make the cut. Seeing Weavile and Suicune get in were surprising and awesome all the same IMO.

R_N

even though he really is now thanks to our wonderful smash community who can't let dreams die

I think it is great he made it in. (if this is legit) He definitely deserved attention, I wouldn't say he's as popular as Blaziken or Charizard, but he's definitely up there. Probably the most popular Grass Type starter (or even just Grass Type Pokemon in general) to date.

Slightly disappointed at the same time. I'd like to see Pokemon that aren't as popular make the cut. Seeing Weavile and Suicune get in were surprising and awesome all the same IMO.
I feel like we've been through this before, but Suicune really isn't unpopular at all. Suicune was surprising, to me anyway, because it was a quadraped
And I'd argue Weavile is pretty popular too, if only within a 4th gen context. Being a significant upgrade to Sneasle helped as well as being one of the bigger, evolved 4th gen pre-elease pokemon

what we need are more pokemon like Machamp. Like even in a solely "We need a fighting type from the first gen that people will recognize" context I'd put Hitmonchan & Hitmonlee above him. And then Primeape after that, if only because the designated audience would rememebr Ash's. I guess they wanted a big bulky grappler and Machamp fit the best for what they aimed for?

e: And barring that how about a 5th & 6th genner

like come on guys

come on

seriously

dont just ignore 2 gens of pokemon here at least throw an ultra popular bone

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I feel like we've been through this before, but Suicune really isn't unpopular at all.

Yeah, I know. I meant not as popular as the bunch we have like Blaziken, Gengar, Pikachu, etc...

We really do need 5th and 6th gen love. We have plenty of 1st gen Pokemon, plus, two of them are even essentially the same (Pikachus)

Even 2 from those gens are fine for me.

Also another 2nd gen Pokemon please -w-

AuraKshatriya

Yeah, I know. I meant not as popular as the bunch we have like Blaziken, Gengar, Pikachu, etc...

We really do need 5th and 6th gen love. We have plenty of 1st gen Pokemon, plus, two of them are even essentially the same (Pikachus)

Even 2 from those gens are fine for me.

Also another 2nd gen Pokemon please -w-

I genuinely hope Pikachu Libre's inclusion doesn't reduce Hawlucha's chances of getting in - he has an extremely distinctive fighting style and is perfect as a Gen VI representative for a fighting game. Diancie would also be interesting.

I was hoping Gen V would get Zoroark (and it still might), but Weavile's fighting style is basically how I'd expect Zoroark to fight - rush-down attacks and slashing. That said, they could put Zoroark's Illusion ability to work in really creative ways. One huge merit of this game is that the individual attention to each Pokemon means they're able to more fully-showcase their abilities in battle (Gengar sinks into its shadow to move around and Mega Gengar can fire a laser from its Third Eye, Lucario's aura markings all glow, Weavile can form a giant claw of ice, etc.)

That said, if another Gen V Pokemon were to get in, I'd love to see Golurk, since it'd be the "giant" Pokemon on the roster, and have a really unique moveset with its rocket thrusters+Ghost+Ground typing. Though, obviously Gen V has tons of Pokemon to offer. Maybe a Dragon-type like Haxorus, or another Fighting-type like Mienshao.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I think my top choice right now would Tyrnatrum. Just think about how unique and fun he could be. His style would pure power and using his jaws and tail as weapons. Not to mention just watching it in action would be stunning. I'd also like to see a blade-based Pokemon, so probably Gallade or Bisharp, but maybe something more out there like Kabutops or Haxorus.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I'm glad they've never limited their roster to Fighting types...

But I kind want some more Fighting types. Personally.

More specifically, I'd love to see Sawk and/or Throh's fighting styles implemented.

Although I am a big fan of Sceptile, so the news is still great.

Last edited:

DotKU

Champion
Sceptile...! It looks fun to play with though! I wonder how many more characters they have left to announce.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Long Story Short, Sceptile has been watching Naruto A LOT! Like, what are the references there?

Sand Coffin from Gaara - Frenzy Plant turned "Grass Coffin"
That Lotus Dive by Rock Lee - Wow SCeptile. Chill Man. So aggro

And I thought he was just a dual Leaf Blade sword wielder. He has Leech Seeds that that blow up like bombs, He fires off Solarbeam FROM BELOW THE GROUND (how could someone tell if it's coming?), and uses his tail as a laser beam. Geesh! I just may main him already, though I'm not sure iof he's Standard, Speed, Power, or Technical category.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Those supporters are over at the Smash side.

What he said ^^^

So Sceptile is in, wow totally surprised, it's like totally unexpected because of that leak not too long ago.

Sarcasm aside, I am glad he is in though, pretty awesome looking character, though he isn't as speedy/ninja-like as I would've expected.

That leaves the question of who's next or will we have anymore characters?

Zachmac

Looks like Sceptile's lost a little bit of tummy fat. That's a good look for it. I honestly don't like a lot of Pokken's renders as much as the original version of the Pokemon, but Sceptile gets to be one of the exceptions.

Not really fond of its voice, but they'll probably change it in the localized release because of the name change, huh? And even if it's still annoying after that...well, I'm not usually fond of anime pokemon voices anyway, so I guess I'll just live with it.

Last edited:

AuraKshatriya

Long Story Short, Sceptile has been watching Naruto A LOT! Like, what are the references there?

Sand Coffin from Gaara - Frenzy Plant turned "Grass Coffin"
That Lotus Dive by Rock Lee - Wow SCeptile. Chill Man. So aggro

And I thought he was just a dual Leaf Blade sword wielder. He has Leech Seeds that that blow up like bombs, He fires off Solarbeam FROM BELOW THE GROUND (how could someone tell if it's coming?), and uses his tail as a laser beam. Geesh! I just may main him already, though I'm not sure iof he's Standard, Speed, Power, or Technical category.

For what it's worth, anime watchers will notice they actually pulled the animations for Mega Sceptile's use of Seed Bomb and its tail missile straight from the Mega Evolution Journal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAyrEjvhnEc (Check out 0:39).

The attack with the vines that it uses on Suicune right before it Mega Evolves (I'm guessing that's the one you thought was Solar Beam) is how the XY anime depicts Leech Seed (it's further implied it's Leech Seed because some energy goes from Suicune to Sceptile after the former is bound by the vines, and Sceptile's seeds glow (which they're meant to do when they're "bursting with energy".))

Last edited:

Cradily17

I'm so happy that Sceptile is now playable in Pokken. I've ignored the game beforehand because none of the characters appealed to be, but now that's changed! If Sceptile can't make it to Smash, then this is the next best thing! Sceptile ftw!