• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokken Tournament - General Talk & Discussion of Serebii's Discoveries

Rakurai

I already can't see the game being a mainstay at major fighting game competitions with the lack of attention it's currently getting. Very few tournaments are ever streamed and the ones that do get streamed attract only a fraction of the viewers that other games like Smash and Street Fighter do.

I imagine it'll probably maintain a spot in the VGCs, but I'd be surprised if it lasted more then a year elsewhere.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Patch confirmed. The Shadow Mewtwo infinite is getting removed, Reshiram is getting re-balanced (whatever that entails), and some bugs are getting fixed.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm somewhat curious on what they're adjusting for Reshiram, didn't really see it as either underpowered or broken but I guess we'll see what that brings. I'd say it'd be nice to see what balance changes are made but I don't really have a strong opinion on what does and doesn't need to be changed aside from the obvious Shadow Mewtwo exploit. Gengar's Burst Attack being unblockable maybe, I don't know.

Rakurai

I think the problem with the Reshiram assist is that it serves several purposes and makes some assists kind of pointless.

For instance, there's almost no reason to use Magneton as an anti-air assist, because it only hits targets are who are jumping and for less damage, whereas Reshiram will hit someone whether they're grounded or airborne. It also pushes your opponent to the opposite side of the stage, deals significant chip damage, and triggers quickly enough to punish a lot of moves on reaction.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
I just recently got this game and have been using Machamp. I haven't made it through the single player mode yet. I have heard that online people just use Pikachu. Can anyone else confirm this?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It looks like copies of the physical game without the bonus Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card are arriving at stores.

I just recently got this game and have been using Machamp. I haven't made it through the single player mode yet. I have heard that online people just use Pikachu. Can anyone else confirm this?

People use Pikachu too much because of how easy it is for it to strike fast and hit hard. It helps that its small size makes it hard for blows to connect, apparently.

Last edited:

c1234

Trainer Since '98
It looks like copies of the physical game without the bonus Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card are arriving at stores.

People use Pikachu too much because of how easy it is for it to strike fast and hit hard. It helps that its small size makes it hard for blows to connect, apparently.

That makes sense about the Pikachu. What can the amiibo card be used for? I got one in my game.

PokeMaster366

It's more like Pikachu Libre rather than the actual Pikachu. I see a lot of Sceptiles, Mewtwos, Machamps, and Gengars online as well.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What can the amiibo card be used for? I got one in my game.

It's mostly pointless unless you really want to play as Shadow Mewtwo. It temporarily unlocks Shadow Mewtwo as playable. Once you actually unlock it the card becomes pointless.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
It's mostly pointless unless you really want to play as Shadow Mewtwo. It temporarily unlocks Shadow Mewtwo as playable. Once you actually unlock it the card becomes pointless.

Actually, since beating the game, I've still been using the Shadow Mewtwo card and it still gets you titles and customization options. Unless that's what you mean by pointless.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Think it's a safe assumption that many people aren't playing this at the moment given nobody has even posted despite news of a big patch coming. But yeah, pretty significant patch coming, some preliminary information on that here. I've been meaning to play this a lot and haven't yet so this will be my motivator to do so.

Seems both Mewtwos are getting significant nerfs (with Shadow Mewtwo getting some buffs alongside that). Pikachu and Braixen getting a few changes too with Garchomp appearing to get some nice buffs. Garchomp is looking to be the big winner in this patch so far with most others being a mixed bag of buffs and nerfs. Chandelure and Blaziken getting a few neat buffs too but Blaziken's burst attack no longer causing Guard Break is mildly disappointing. Support-wise Diglett's base damage is nerfed while the Magneton/Quagsire set looks improved, hopefully more than what is currently listed there because I really want Magneton to be good. Of course this is all just preliminary information, there could very well be more than this but I'd say this patch freshens things up a little as is.

B€ntley

Roll the Ice Dice
Gardevoir and Gengar got both small buffs, so technically they are overall winners of this patch. Gardy's back-Y is one of my favorite tools, so it could potentially boost my zoning prowess (which is pretty welcomed). Garchomp seems quite improved from his previous incarnation.

Rakurai

Playable Scizor please.

We don't need more gen 4 playables.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Screw you all! Let us grace Empoleon!

Amen brother. Empoleon being a fighter might've been the one thing that got me playing this game again, and the fact that it may happen is really adding to my SM hype right now.

B€ntley

Roll the Ice Dice
I heard about those files and I'm hoping the new pokemon instill more life into the game.

That said, I'm not terribly attached to having neither of them into the rooster, though at least Scizor would be a representative of bug types.

So Rock and Normal types get screwed once again :D