• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokken Tournament - General Talk & Discussion of Serebii's Discoveries

Sabre_King

When I heard about the files I got pretty excited for the possible new additions! All of them are great pokemon and scizor represents the bug role which personally I would have been happy if it had been either scizor or heracross to fill the role. Empoleon is a new perspective of having a water starter in the game, and finally I am excited that darkrai is a possibility because it is one of my favorite dark types. I am sad that there is hardly any representation from gens 5 and 6 though. Hopefully there ends up being one more fighter since there's 4 openings on the character select screen. I would want a gen 5 or gen 6 pokemon to take the final slot.

phanpycross

God-king
Im sitting here watching Dreamhack, and Im kinda surprised how much fun this game is to watch. The game supposably sold pretty well, so we might get a sequel if we're lucky. Hopefully this is a franchise in the making.

B€ntley

Roll the Ice Dice
I know most character discussion and speculation comes from an unofficial source, but it seems that the availability of more future characters for Pokken was officially confirmed in the japanese youtube channel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plghs_kocyM

I wonder because I have not see this confirmed on the main Serebii news page... And because my japanese is non existent so I cannot confirm myself :D

Sabre_King

I know most character discussion and speculation comes from an unofficial source, but it seems that the availability of more future characters for Pokken was officially confirmed in the japanese youtube channel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plghs_kocyM

I wonder because I have not see this confirmed on the main Serebii news page... And because my japanese is non existent so I cannot confirm myself :D

I believe this was regarding how the arcade version was finally going to add braxien, garchomp, and mewtwo to the game since they were previously wii u exclusive. I remember serebii touched on this a few weeks ago. The only hope of new characters is from the data files in the new update to the wii u version of the game. Apparently files on scizor, empoleon, and darkrai could be found in the game which we all know were not a part of the game. No official word has been said on these pokemon, but were all hoping one will be made soon.

Sabre_King

I find it very interesting of the possible character addition being added to the arcade version first without any word of it transferring to the wii u addition. I mean the files were first located in the wii u version so I can only assume one if the three pokemon mentioned will become playable. My guess will point towards scizor only because there is no bug in the game, plus it has a mega evolution. Hopefully when the fighter is revealed that the wii u gets word on possible additions as well.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Is this new character announcement a real thing, or is there still characters from the Wii U version missing in the arcade version? I had assumed this game was too far past it's prime at this point to be getting new characters. Not to mention the general lack of discussion of the game here on this thread inferred to me this game wasn't that popular.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Is this new character announcement a real thing, or is there still characters from the Wii U version missing in the arcade version? I had assumed this game was too far past it's prime at this point to be getting new characters. Not to mention the general lack of discussion of the game here on this thread inferred to me this game wasn't that popular.
It's real

Though it said in arcades first.

Sabre_King

It's real

Like I previously said I find it odd that they would go first on the arcade version, when it has been mentioned in the past that the wii u version of the game did better with getting more players involved. Not every arcade has the arcade version, that is why I am hoping they announce the wii u version getting the same treatment, which from the looks from the files that were data mined it looks like the company has already started. Crossing my fingers that each pokemon gets in that were found in the files and the possibility of one more fighter since the wii u version shows that four characters can be added to the game. I figured the company didn't want to promise any DLC before the game came out because of the play rate on the arcade version was not what they hoped, but with the increased wii u play that it changed their minds.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Maybe they want to try it out on the arcades first? Maybe it's easier to put it on it then the Wii U?

I dunno I'm guessing on this.

Sabre_King

Maybe they want to try it out on the arcades first? Maybe it's easier to put it on it then the Wii U?

I dunno I'm guessing on this.

I can see that reasoning, for me I was just looking at it from a sales production, with the wii u having more popularity for the game. Truth be told as long fighters are added I will be happy. Before the game had come out I was thinking 20 fighters would be the perfect number for this game.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It's real

I know, but I doubt they're going to make an arcade-exclusive character. So this probably means incoming DLC (or a free patch, which would be awesome). I wonder what it's going to be.

Rakurai

I'll be happy as long as it isn't Darkrai.

If they're going to have another gen 4 Pokemon, I'd like if it's something a little more obscure.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Going to go out on a limb here and guess the new Pokémon coming to arcades is either Scizor or Greninja. Just a stab in the dark.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'll be happy as long as it isn't Darkrai.

If they're going to have another gen 4 Pokemon, I'd like if it's something a little more obscure.

I would love it if it were Darkrai. Darkrai was one of my top 10 picks for fighters back before they were all announced. I think it would be a really interesting fighter with a unique fighting style.

Honestly, I think it's best just to ignore the generations a Pokemon came from. It really doesn't mean anything about the Pokemon itself. I don't think that the region a Pokemon comes from should have any effect on its chances of making it into the game. A Pokemon should make it/fail to make it purely on its own merit.

Rakurai

Oh, the irony.

I fail to see the irony.

As far as gen 4 Pokemon go, it's one of the most prominent. Simply being legendary is enough to get it attention, but being the focus of one of the movies along having a big role in multiple spin-off titles makes it stand out in the minds of many. It's already known that popularity is a major factor in a Pokemon's inclusion, so I'm thinking it's more likely then not that it's going to end up being the next playable Pokemon.

But seriously, I just want more playable gen 2 and 5 Pokemon.

Last edited:

Sabre_King

I would love it if it were Darkrai. Darkrai was one of my top 10 picks for fighters back before they were all announced. I think it would be a really interesting fighter with a unique fighting style.

Honestly, I think it's best just to ignore the generations a Pokemon came from. It really doesn't mean anything about the Pokemon itself. I don't think that the region a Pokemon comes from should have any effect on its chances of making it into the game. A Pokemon should make it/fail to make it purely on its own merit.

I have to agree with this reasoning, as much as it would be nice for each region to be represented, the fact is not every region can put forth the same number of fighters. If scizor, empoleon, and darkrai all make it into the game then kudos to those pokemon because the surprise out of that whole patch is empoleon. Scizor should have already been in the game in my opinion, but its alright that we had to wait. Again this is if these three are put into the game. I still say one more pokemon will be kept for surprise, or until its name is data mined, and the reasoning is just the character select screen on the wii u, it looks awkward having those four empty slots.