• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokken Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
UMeKqkY.png

Thank you to Sweet May of Lunar Subterrane Graphics for our banner!

The Trinity and Pokegym leagues are proud to present the
POKKEN TOURNAMENT!

--This wifi tournament will take place from February 6th until February 13th, a total of one week.

Questions? Please read our FAQ in the spoiler below or feel free to ask our tournament overseer! (Dragontamer44722)

Tournament Format: Multilevel

--For this tournament, you must use a team that consists of 2 Playable pokemon, 2 support Pokemon, and 2 pokemon of your choice. Evolutions of Playable pokemon and Support pokemon are permitted (so you can use Raichu and the Eeveeloutions, etc...)
--Playable pokemon are as follows:
(Charizard, Pikachu,Machamp, Gengar, Suicune, Sceptile, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Garchomp, Lucario, Weavile, Chandelure, and Braixen)
-Support Pokemon are as follows:
(Snivy, Lapras, Emolga, Frogadier, Eevee, Jirachi, Whimsicott, Ninetales, Mismagius, Farfetch'd, Electrode, Togekiss, Rotom, Dragonite, Victini, Croagunk, Sylveon, Magikarp, and Pachirisu)
--Mega evolutions are permitted for this tournament.
--Battle Style will be SMOGON Doubles 6v6. Rounds will consist of a single battle.
--Limit of ONE legendary pokemon per team.
--Players are responsible for arranging their own battles. You CANNOT battle the same person twice!
--There will be 5 rounds in this tournament, so in order to be eligible for the prizes you must complete all 5 rounds.
--Team members may not be exchanged until you have completed your rounds.

In the event that a person has completed their rounds and there are others who have not, then that person CAN battle them as long as they haven't battled them previously. The battle results will only affect the person who hasn't completed their rounds.

The ranking is established by most Round Wins. If there is a tie in Round Wins, "Win points" are compared within the Round Win Tier, so someone who won 1 Round with "Win 2-0" (2 "Win points") would be ranked higher than someone who also won 1 Round but with "Win 1-0" (only 1 "Win point").

PRIZES
FEATURE PRIZES

1: 3iv Shiny Adamant nicknameable Zekrom (x/31/x/x/31/31). Untouched at lvl 50.
2: 6iv Shiny Jolly Staraptor. lvl 49 with Close Combat, Brave bird, Double Edge, Quick Attack, Reckless ability
3: 5iv Shiny Adamant Dragonite, lvl 55 with Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Extreme Speed, Aqua Jet. Multiscale ability.

Participation prizes are...

1: 5iv Shiny Impish Gligar, lvl 1. Immunity ability
2: 5iv Shiny Impish Eevee, lvl 1 with Yawn, Wish, Curse in a Dusk Ball.

Participation Prizes:TBA

Q: Do I have to be a registered Challenger of the Pokegyms and/or Trinity Leagues to participate?
A: No, anyone is welcome to join our casual Tournaments - registered Challengers, Gym Leaders, and non-League members alike. The more, the merrier~
Of course, we hope that your interactions and battles with League Members will show you how much fun our Leagues are.

Q: Are Mega evolutions allowed?
A: Mega Evolutions are permitted for this tournament.

Q: How many rounds are there, and are there knock-outs?
A: There are 5 rounds in this tournament, though there may be less depending on the number of participants. There are NO knockouts, so each player should be able to battle the same number of times as everyone else. For our tournaments it is one match with best 2 out of 3 rounds.

Q: How long is a round?
A: It depends. Because players are responsible for finding players to battle, some may finish their rounds more quickly than others.

Q: What do I do after the first round?
A: You can update your first "Signing in" post using the Special Battle Result Form (in the OP on p. 1) and continue to use that post to keep track of your battles. It also helps the tournament overseers keep track of the score.

Q: Can I switch out a member of my team, or an item, a move, etc. after the first round?
A: No, you cannot! The team you enter the first round with (moves, items, etc. included) may not be changed until the tournament is over.

Q: What are the prizes?
A: Each tournament features at least 3 prizes, which will be announced in advance before the tournament begins. There featured prizes of which the 1st place winner may choose one from. The 2nd place winner gets the other featured prize, etc. There are also participation prizes which will be randomly distributed amongst the other participants. (only participants who have played all rounds, or all rounds except for one, can be considered for this prize)

Battle Result Form

---When posting battle results, please use the following form

Round #, Opponent: [Example: "Round 1, Sito"]
Victor, Score: [Example: "Sito , 2-0"]
Rate your performance: x/10
Rate opponents' performance: x/10
Constructive comments about the match:

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Joining this Tour!!

Now to think of a Team to use from the Pokemon I currently possess.

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
I guess I'll take part in this, I got nothing better else to do (that I want to do...). So count me in!

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
I would love to take part in this! sign me up!

Ayyyyy, it's been a while. I'm in!

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Sorry it took so long, but I have our prizes assembled! Here are the feature prizes

1: 3iv Shiny Adamant nicknameable Zekrom (x/31/x/x/31/31). Untouched at lvl 50.
2: 6iv Shiny Jolly Staraptor. lvl 49 with Close Combat, Brave bird, Double Edge, Quick Attack, Reckless ability
3: 5iv Shiny Adamant Dragonite, lvl 55 with Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Extreme Speed, Aqua Jet. Multiscale ability.

Participation prizes are...

1: 5iv Shiny Impish Gligar, lvl 1. Immunity ability
2: 5iv Shiny Impish Eevee, lvl 1 with Yawn, Wish, Curse in a Dusk Ball.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
The Tournament has BEGUN!!!!! There will be a total of 3 rounds, so please battle 3 opponents by next Saturday. Good luck everyone!!!!

We are still accepting applicants, so if you wish to compete please make a sign in post!

Round 1, Opponent: DJSummers
Victor, Score: Me, 3-0
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponents' performance: 8/10
Constructive comments about the match: That was fun! I think you forgot what item my one mon as holding, which kinda messed with you a bit. GG :3

Round 2, Opponent: Cutty
Victor, Score: Me, 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: Fun match! I didn't catch onto your initial strategy but you still did well after an unfortunate event for you (i think) a Pokemon that normally wouldn't have done too well against you got an unexpected boost.

Round 3, Opponent: Twinyoshi
Victor, Score: Twinyoshi, 4-0
Rate your performance: 6/10
Constructive comments about the match: I was doing well at the start, but the remainder of his team took me down a notch. By the time he main threat arrived I was already screwed xD

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
Round 1,, Opponent: DT
Victor, Score: DT, 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: One of my keys down n I was kinda confused n made useless switches. Gg :)

Round 2, Opponent: Twinyoshi
Victor, Score: Cutty, 3-0
Rate you performance: 8/10
Constructive comments about the match: It could've gone the other way tbh. GG :)

Round 3, Opponent: DJSummers
Victor, Score: DJ, 1-0
Constructive comments about the match: The last chosen mon was wrong on my part. I knew it's gonna a loss, I just wished I got a WoW instead of Destiny Bond. Gg :)

Yay, I could wrap the whole tourney unlike usual despite of my random team pick I did well as well. It was lots of fun! :)

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Looks like I finally came up with a Team Strategy, and I'll be available for battles. Just VM/PM.

Round 1, Opponent: Dragontamer
Victor, Score: Dragontamer, 0 - 3
Rate your performance: 7/10
Constructive comments about the match: Good game. Should have played a little better and killed off that 1 mon when I had the chance to do so. And that miss was very unfortunate.

Round 2, Opponent: TwinYoshi
Victor, Score: DJSummers, 3 - 0
Constructive comments about the match: Good game, I played a lot smarter this time around and it really worked out in my favor.

Round 3, Opponent: Cutty
Victor, Score: DJSummers, 1 - 0
Rate you performance: 9/10
Rate opponents' performance: 9/10
Constructive comments about the match: Good game, I was glad you attacked who you did in the end as I had no other plays for that Pokemon.

Last edited:

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
Round 1, Opponent: Dragontamer
Victor, Score: Twinyoshi45, 4-0
Constructive comments about the match: it was very fun! I did not think some of my sets would be quite as effective as they were! GG!

Round 2, Opponent: DJSummers
Victor, Score: DJSummers, 0 - 3
Constructive comments about the match: that one mon just destroyed everything I threw at it I had nothing for it, GG!

Round 3, Opponent: Cutty
Victor, Score: Cutty, 0 - 3
Constructive comments about the match: my tricks failed to impress your Mega, GG!

Extra matches!

Round 4, Opponent: Moonsong
Victor, Score: Twinyoshi45, 1-0
Constructive comments about the match: your team was scary! thank Arceus I survived some of those attacks! GG!

Last edited:

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Round 1, twinyoshi45
Twinyoshi45, 1-0
Rate your performance: 5.5/10
Rate opponents' performance: 9/10
Constructive comments about the match: Good match overall, the V------ really helped him out. Well constructed team and GG!

Round 2, DJSummers
DJSummers, 3-0
Rate your performance: 3/10
Rate opponents' performance: 9.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Wow...such a great and full of surprises. Someone give this guy a cookie.

Round 3, Cutty
N/A, DC
Rate opponents' performance: 7/10
Constructive comments about the match: Match ended with a DC for unknown reasons.

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Today is the last day of the tournament! If you have not already done so, please finish your rounds by tonight! I'll announce our winners tomorrow.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I'll be available to help finish up rounds.

Extra Round, Opponent: MoonSong
Victor, Score: DJSummers, 3-0
Constructive comments about the match: Those flinches in the beginning killed off the first three Pokemon caused me to win this battle. Good game.

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
Round 3, Cutty
N/A, Draw
Rate opponents' performance: 7/10
Constructive comments about the match: Match ended with a DC for unknown reasons.

Then you can't decide on your own it's a draw. You shouldn't even post an improper battle as it's still in the beginning 5-6 where you lost your Talonflame to my Rotom W.
I wouldn't call it a draw or anything. Some battlers just love DC on me lately when they're not getting the upper hand like losing to me it's a shame or whatever *bored*

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Then you can't decide on your own it's a draw. You shouldn't even post an improper battle as it's still in the beginning 5-6 where you lost your Talonflame to my Rotom W.
I wouldn't call it a draw or anything. Some battlers just love DC on me lately when they're not getting the upper hand like losing to me it's a shame or whatever *bored*

That 3rd Match won't be accepted only because it was an early DC that could have called for a Re-Battle, and the fact that a Winner needs to be determined for the battle to count anyways.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Our Tournament is now over! Thank you to all participants (and to DJ for filling in the spreadsheet) Here are the winners!

1st place: Me xD
2nd Place: DJSummers!
3rd Place: Twinyoshi!

Our participation prize winners are Cutty and Moonsong! Cutty has won the Eevee while Moonsong has won the Gligar. I will pm you both when your prizes are ready. I will be contacting our other winners to claim their prizes. Congrats everyone!

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Our Tournament is now over! Thank you to all participants (and to DJ for filling in the spreadsheet) Here are the winners!

1st place: Me xD
2nd Place: DJSummers!
3rd Place: Twinyoshi!

Our participation prize winners are Cutty and Moonsong! Cutty has won the Eevee while Moonsong has won the Gligar. I will pm you both when your prizes are ready. I will be contacting our other winners to claim their prizes. Congrats everyone!

Congrats on winning. It was a really fun tour, can't wait for what's decided on next.

Status
Not open for further replies.