• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokken Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
the game may be 4yrs old at this point but i finally gave into the desire to get the game. im a big fan of fighting games and this game is still new enough to discuss here. is anyone else balancing out the various Pokemon themed games with Pokken in their collection?

i had a slightly rough time during the first day of getting into Pokken tournament DX coming from a Soulcalibur/Tekken background but ive gotten the hang of it at this point. im probably not the best player or wont ever be but having fun playing the game is the main point of it. has anyone had any minor issues getting used to the game that has such various close and long range natured attacks that have differed from the more conventional fighting games in your pasts?

feel free to discuss the various aspects of this game as you see fit here.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I remember watching someone who used to live on my street play the arcade version of the game back when it was first released, but I never got into it myself. I like Tekken and similar games, but I didn't like the idea of playing a Pokemon game with a related game-play style. It just seemed too out of the box for me.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I remember watching someone who used to live on my street play the arcade version of the game back when it was first released, but I never got into it myself. I like Tekken and similar games, but I didn't like the idea of playing a Pokemon game with a related game-play style. It just seemed too out of the box for me.

I liked the idea of pokken but having a SC/Tekken mentality at first really does mess you up first until the attack patterns start to make sense. having no common set punch or kick button functions on a mixed roster that that has 0-4 legs at any point does get confusing at a point. i still have SC on Xbox 360 and played it way too much back in the arcade back in the day...

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I have the game and I play it occasionally. I like how easy it is to use Decidueye in the game.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
How is the story mode for the game? I know it's mainly a fighting game like Smash Bros or Street Fighters, but I'm not interested in playing Pokken competitively so I want to see what the single player experience is like.

If anything, I was considering playing it after finishing the Crown Tundra using Scizor & the support Emolga to reference the ones in my Sword game

Status
Not open for further replies.