• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POkmeon type chart makesvno sense

NO seriously it doenst make any sense

First of all most fire type in their pokedex entries are hotter than 100C the boiling point of water so why doesnt water evaporate instantly when it hits things like magmar(it was born in a fricking volcano),magcargo(18000F temp),Camerupt(bio volcano),Moltres,Ho-Oh,Heatran and many others.
Hell it even says Charizard breath can melt any substance meaning it must be 5000C so why is it still weak against rock wont the rocks just melt from its heat.

Bug>Dark/Psychic

This makes no sense at i understand BUg having hiveminds that are impossible the decipher and control but how does insects hurt demons/mediums

kyogreblue3

take a byte
First of all most fire type in their pokedex entries are hotter than 100C the boiling point of water so why doesnt water evaporate instantly when it hits things like magmar(it was born in a fricking volcano),magcargo(18000F temp),Camerupt(bio volcano),Moltres,Ho-Oh,Heatran and many others.
Hell it even says Charizard breath can melt any substance meaning it must be 5000C so why is it still weak against rock wont the rocks just melt from its heat.

yeah, I know. Fire shouldn't be weak to rock if that's their pokedex entry!

and about the 'Bug is good against Dark thing', maybe it's cuz spiders can walk over shadows? yeah, i know, pathetic, but that's all I've got.

Mystica

Thrill Seeker
yeah, I know. Fire shouldn't be weak to rock if that's their pokedex entry!

and about the 'Bug is good against Dark thing', maybe it's cuz spiders can walk over shadows? yeah, i know, pathetic, but that's all I've got.

I had the same thought; it is pretty odd. XD

What I don't really get is the Ground-type moves are super-effective on Electric types bit. The ground is a conductor of electricity, so...o_o

I also find the Fighting type's weakness to Flying types odd as well. XD

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
lol did you notice nothing in pokemon makes since but its for the kids duh!!

Dear Insanity

above average
If they typed everything purely according to that logic I'm sure you'd have way overpowered types and there wouldn't really be any sort of balance, so they had to bend the "rules" a bit.

Epicpip

My stache' is better
Bug>Psychic is easy. It takes concentration to use a psychic type move, so bugging them is a good way to mess them up. The thing about Rock>Fire makes sense too, because rocks on a fire doesn't allow the fire much air, thus less oxygen, so it cannot thrive. I guess the type chart is more about the elements than the pokemon.

If U Seek Amy

i am a god
Bug>Dark/Psychic

This makes no sense at i understand BUg having hiveminds that are impossible the decipher and control but how does insects hurt demons/mediums

The reason behind Dark/Bug beating Psychic is like this:
A lot people are afraid of the dark and bugs. In their minds.

I cannot understand why Bug beats dark though. I guess they needed to even it out so Dark had more weaknesses.

(200th post! I feel like a king!)

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
It's a game. The end.

And Psychic is weak to the three main fears - bugs, the dark and ghosts

I never thought of it that way. That's a good way of putting it.

Its very simple...i can answer this whole thread simply. Gamefreak. Logic.

miju.

Mijuwott speaks the truth.

Some things, like Flying on Fighting and Grass on Water, make no sense to me. But it's Pokemon, and after a while it just seeps into your brain and you accept it unquestioningly.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
#GameFreakLogic

pokedex entries are notorious for being unrealistic. plus you cant have exceptions for certain pokemon. you cant just make charizard neutral to rock; you need to change its typing or change its ability

dont play if you dont like the rules

ShadowScar Knight

Mexican Buddha!
I do find it odd that Dark is weak against Bug... I guess it's because the deadliest types of insects and arachnids are scarier than darkness, or because they use darkness to their advantage. I've no clue.

I dunno about you guys but I kinda thought Ghost should be weak to Fire, seeing as how fire also creates light and can reveal the unseen, and many undead creatures share fire and light as weaknesses. Also including that most paranormal activity involves cold and dark spaces in most fiction...

But I digress. It is but a game. A game that I enjoy regardless of type match-ups.

darthscyther123

I always assumed Bug beats Dark because insects thrive at dusk.

The reason behind Dark/Bug beating Psychic is like this:
A lot people are afraid of the dark and bugs. In their minds.

I cannot understand why Bug beats dark though. I guess they needed to even it out so Dark had more weaknesses.

(200th post! I feel like a king!)
Yeah, Psychic is beaten by common fears.
I heard that bug was strong against dark because bugs are very primitive won't get afraid of the Dark types.

...is anyone else getting an overwhelmingly strong feeling of deja vu?
This is a thread that has atleast been made three times over on year. Nothing new.

Accipitri

Space relic
Regarding bug beating dark;
I think it's worth mentioning that the creator of Pokemon based the concept of it on his childhood, because as a child he loved to capture bugs. Among children in Japan it's popular to catch beetles and make them fight, which inspired the 'catching monsters and making them fight' aspect of Pokemon. Heracross and Pinsir being counterparts (nowadays, anyway) are a reference to this. It's pretty reasonable to assume that he has some respect for bugs.
It's possible that bug defeating dark was supposed to have bugs represent purity and nature, conquering evil. Of course, this is just a theory.