• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Police in schools means arrest for kids

abrar14

Statter Master
This can never come to england -____-

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
It's American Education. If kids do things like smoke and drink in school: Suspension. If you dare burp or argue: GET DEM POH-LEESE HERE. We make total sense

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
Wow. If they are willing to go this far this means either two things

A) Texas schools have really bad pupil behaviour

OR

B) They are being extreme and stupid.

In my school we sometimes have a couple of officers outside the school, near the bus stop. But never in school unless they are doing a presntation to the students.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/09/texas-police-schools

People are getting sent to jail for arguing with a teacher or not doing homework.

Good ol' Texas ay?

Wow. If they are willing to go this far this means either two things

A) Texas schools have really bad pupil behaviour

OR

B) They are being extreme and stupid.

In my school we sometimes have a couple of officers outside the school, near the bus stop. But never in school unless they are doing a presntation to the students.

People, people, please! This is Texas, and Texas does everything bigger remember?

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
o_o

Anyhow, I think Americans are going to end up causing WW III.
Seriously, Obama is seventeen times as smart as the governors of 1/25 of the states. Those two are obviously Texas and North Carolina.

Though that's a different story.

What exactly has NC done?

Besides have good colleges I mean.

On topic, I would be in for life if I went to that school.

Flame Mistress

What exactly has NC done?

Besides have good colleges I mean.

On topic, I would be in for life if I went to that school.
Pretty much everyone in our school would be in for life if we went to that school. We use not having a school uniform to our full advantage.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
There's security on school grounds for a reason, but that does take it too far. I heard a story somewhere outside of Texas where a six-year-old was put in handcuffs for throwing a tantrum in the office. Tax dollars at work, folks.

What's wrong with the school district? I can understand if they want a good reputation, but to have petty arrests over something as stupid as spraying on perfume is a little over the top. What, are they not allowed detentions anymore for fear it's "child abuse" or something? Are they not allowed to suspend or expel students? What the heck are they trying to prove here?

As far as I know, the school can be excellent without the police, the rules seem to be strict enough as they are. They just have to get their act together and take matters into their own hands where needs be.

The middle school near my house, on the other hand, should be the one hiring police officers to arrest students when things get too out-of-control. That middle school is notorious around here for its idiotic district staff and delinquents, and I've heard crazy stories from kids who went there. They go on lock-downs a lot over there, kids are carrying around pocketknives for safety or other weapons to be "cool" or are just feral, and they've had serious injuries from said-weapons and more before (my brothers knew the kid who kicked the chlorine bomb into the crowd). I can point fingers at the parents for not having control over their own children, but the district holds the majority of the blame for not enforcing the rules and showing some pride over the school they're in charge of. Most of the staff, including the principal, were eventually replaced, but there's still issues.

If schools are afraid to punish their own students through detentions and all that, then there needs to be changes made, either in the curriculum, the staff, or the laws altogether.