• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Poll: Best Gen 7 mythical Pokemon?

Which mythical Pokemon from Gen 7 do you think is the best one from said Gen?

• Magearna

• Marshadow

• Zeraora

• Meltan

• Melmetal

Results are only viewable after voting.

SWMegaFan

Feel free to further discuss this question, further elaborating on your vote.

Please note:

- It’s not entirely clear if Meltan and Melmetal are a part of Gen 7 or a part of Gen 8. Gamefreak hasn’t come out with an official statement on this; it’s not the 1st time they’ve revealed a mythical that comes before the starters of the upcoming new Gen yet still be a part of said upcoming new Gen (hint: Victini). However, given that 1)LGPE are considered Gen 7 main series games and 2) both have National Pokédex numbers 808 and 809 respectively, for the time being I consider them to be a part of Gen 7.

- I don’t anticipate Gamefreak to come out with any more new mythicals for Gen 7. I think Meltan and Melmetal are the last ones (and still debatable if they’re Gen 7 or Gen 8 Pokemon, see previous bullet point.); any new Pokemon announced from this point forward will probably be those that will be in the upcoming Gen 8 games.

- Yes, even though Meltan and Melmetal are part of the same evolutionary line, they’re still two separate mythical Pokemon.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Feel free to further discuss this question, further elaborating on your vote.

Please note:

- It’s not entirely clear if Meltan and Melmetal are a part of Gen 7 or a part of Gen 8. Gamefreak hasn’t come out with an official statement on this; it’s not the 1st time they’ve revealed a mythical that comes before the starters of the upcoming new Gen yet still be a part of said upcoming new Gen (hint: Victini). However, given that 1)LGPE are considered Gen 7 main series games and 2) both have National Pokédex numbers 808 and 809 respectively, for the time being I consider them to be a part of Gen 7.

- I don’t anticipate Gamefreak to come out with any more new mythicals for Gen 7. I think Meltan and Melmetal are the last ones (and still debatable if they’re Gen 7 or Gen 8 Pokemon, see previous bullet point.); any new Pokemon announced from this point forward will probably be those that will be in the upcoming Gen 8 games.

- Yes, even though Meltan and Melmetal are part of the same evolutionary line, they’re still two separate mythical Pokemon.
Generations is mostly a fan-term. I know what your thinking. I was just as surprised on founding this out as you are. Meltan is a Gen 7 Pokemon and was designed intentionally for Kanto and only Kanto because it's simplistic design is a callback to Gen 1's simple designs, which is kind of funny considering how many old school Pokemon fans said Meltan's design sucked even though it's a reflection of Gen 1 lol.

SWMegaFan

Generations is mostly a fan-term. I know what your thinking. I was just as surprised on founding this out as you are. Meltan is a Gen 7 Pokemon and was designed intentionally for Kanto and only Kanto because it's simplistic design is a callback to Gen 1's simple designs, which is kind of funny considering how many old school Pokemon fans said Meltan's design sucked even though it's a reflection of Gen 1 lol.

You may be right in regards to the term “generation” but Gamefreak does recognize a categorization system based on when Pokémon were introduced. For example: this can be seen on the National Pokédex in Pokemon Bank, as one can see that Pokémon are split up by the generations as fans know them commonly as.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You may be right in regards to the term “generation” but Gamefreak does indeed recognize a categorization system based on when Pokémon were introduced. For example: this can be seen on the National Pokédex in Pokemon Bank, as one can see that Pokémon are split up by the generations as fans know them commonly as.
Oh yeah. You know what would be weird. If Serebii.net decided to fix Meltan as a Gen 8 Pokemon after hearing it's not in Gen 7 by the Pokemon Bank's Pokedex only to find out it's in Gen 7.5 lol, a color in-between Gen 7 and Gen 8. That would be funny to everyone who thinks Meltan is a Gen 7 or Gen 8 Pokemon.