1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Best Gen 7 mythical Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by SWMegaFan, Jan 1, 2019.

?

Which mythical Pokemon from Gen 7 do you think is the best one from said Gen?

1. Magearna

2. Marshadow

3. Zeraora

4. Meltan

5. Melmetal

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SWMegaFan

SWMegaFan Well-Known Member

Feel free to further discuss this question, further elaborating on your vote.

Please note:

- It’s not entirely clear if Meltan and Melmetal are a part of Gen 7 or a part of Gen 8. Gamefreak hasn’t come out with an official statement on this; it’s not the 1st time they’ve revealed a mythical that comes before the starters of the upcoming new Gen yet still be a part of said upcoming new Gen (hint: Victini). However, given that 1)LGPE are considered Gen 7 main series games and 2) both have National Pokédex numbers 808 and 809 respectively, for the time being I consider them to be a part of Gen 7.

- I don’t anticipate Gamefreak to come out with any more new mythicals for Gen 7. I think Meltan and Melmetal are the last ones (and still debatable if they’re Gen 7 or Gen 8 Pokemon, see previous bullet point.); any new Pokemon announced from this point forward will probably be those that will be in the upcoming Gen 8 games.

- Yes, even though Meltan and Melmetal are part of the same evolutionary line, they’re still two separate mythical Pokemon.

2. shoz999

shoz999 Do you play competitive bro?

Generations is mostly a fan-term. I know what your thinking. I was just as surprised on founding this out as you are. Meltan is a Gen 7 Pokemon and was designed intentionally for Kanto and only Kanto because it's simplistic design is a callback to Gen 1's simple designs, which is kind of funny considering how many old school Pokemon fans said Meltan's design sucked even though it's a reflection of Gen 1 lol.

3. SWMegaFan

SWMegaFan Well-Known Member

You may be right in regards to the term “generation” but Gamefreak does recognize a categorization system based on when Pokémon were introduced. For example: this can be seen on the National Pokédex in Pokemon Bank, as one can see that Pokémon are split up by the generations as fans know them commonly as.

4. shoz999

shoz999 Do you play competitive bro?

Oh yeah. You know what would be weird. If Serebii.net decided to fix Meltan as a Gen 8 Pokemon after hearing it's not in Gen 7 by the Pokemon Bank's Pokedex only to find out it's in Gen 7.5 lol, a color in-between Gen 7 and Gen 8. That would be funny to everyone who thinks Meltan is a Gen 7 or Gen 8 Pokemon.

SWMegaFan likes this.