• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Poll: Favourite Generation I Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
What are the Generation I Pokemon you like the best? Please remember not to spam and explain your choices a bit.

Kalosian

So long
Alakazam for me. Though it wasn't until Gen 3 when it became my favorite, and it was my overall favorite Pokemon for a very long time. I like most things about it, notably its design and high Sp.att and Speed stats. It also has a good typing for Gen 1. I never really used Alakazam that much while playing R/B/Y though, but I have had great success with it in more modern generations.

Some other of my top favorites from Gen 1 are these: Starmie, Dragonite, Moltres, Gengar, Slowbro, Machamp, Dodrio, Kangaskhan and Gyarados.

bme™

"Could it be... the legend...?"
#1 is Pikachu. Yellow was my first time playing Pokémon, and I always kept Pikachu in my party. Then Stadium allowed you to teach it Surf. Then in Gen II if you traded it over from Yellow, it had a Light Ball attached, making it go from being somewhat useless to having a monster Special attack second only to Mewtwo. Then in later Generations Light Ball also doubled its Attack stat. Plus, The Pikachu's Beach Mini-Game was very fun to play. I should play it again sometime, since it's been a while. Pikachu is my homie.

#2 is Arcanine. I liked that although its moveset wasn't great, its stats were very good. Plus something about a big fluffy loyal dog is cool.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
1. Pikachu- besides being the mascot i find it really cute and i love its special move volt tackle and its portrayal in the anime.
2. All the kanto starters- I love all of these starters equally They are all good pokemon with unique yet simple designs.
3. Butterfree- I have a soft spot for butterfree cause it was the first pokemon i caught and fully evolved.
4. Dragonite- I love its design and the fact that it was the original Dragon type pokemon plus its good stats.
5. Eeveelutions- I liked the idea that eevee could evolve into different types depending on the stone and the evolutions themselves have really cute and cool designs.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Dragonite's always been one of my favourite Pokemon overall, due to its design and all the memories I have of using it on various games.

Gengar has really become another favourite Kanto Pokemon of mine. I've never used one on the Gen I games, but I've used it a lot at the Battle [whatever] in Gen 3 onward and have found it very, very useful due to its stats, movepool, typing, etc. Now that wireless trading is possible with the VC releases of RBY, I will likely use it on a future playthrough.

There are many other Gen I Pokemon I really like, but I have to give a special mention to Charmander. It was my first favourite Pokemon back when I was five years old and saw it in the anime for the first time.

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
Here are my favorite Kanto Pokémon:

Squirtle-Wartortle-Blastoise: It's my favorite of the Kanto starters
Pikachu-Raichu: Because Wynaut? Pikachu's the mascot of Pokémon and Raichu is great in battle
Vulpix-Ninetales: Valpix is cute and Ninetales is majestic
Lapras: Lapras looks really awesome and friendly and I like water types the most so that's why
Eevee: It's adorable and it can evolve into many different types. Eeveelutions aren't the most powerful Pokémon but still good in battle.
Vaporeon-Jolteon-Flareon: I think they're all awesome. I'd say Vaporeon and Jolteon are my favorites.
Dratini-Dragonair-Dragonite: I like Dragonair's design the best but Dragonite is more powerful
Mewtwo: It's a really good legendary to use in battle
Mew: I'm a sucker for legendaries and it can use any TM

I like the others too but those are my favorites.

Wlam205

Honestly its the bulbasaur tree. It was my first starter and it always has held a special place in my heart. other than that probably dugtrio and alakazam. their attacks were just so strong.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Vaporeon, because it is adorable and elegant and has a pretty high Special Attack and two good Abilities.
Arcanine, because it is majestic and has a good movepool with moves like Dragon Pulse and Close Combat.
Lapras, because it is cute and I like its habit of ferrying people and Pokemon on its back.
Gyarados-I like its menacing appearance and wide movepool.
Starmie, because it is mysterious, quick and versatile.
Other Generation I Pokemon I really like are Jolteon, Nidoking, Ninetales, Articuno, Moltres, and Sandslash.

Pikachu, because he's the mascot and so cute, plus Yellow was my first Pokemon game and I loved how he followed me around :025:
Farfetch'd, because I love the name and he looks funny with the leek :083:
Diglett, the anime episode with Diglett was hilarious :050:
Lapras, he looks awesome and would be a useful one to have in real life :131:
Mew, because he's cute and mysterious :151:
Psyduck, because he's funny in the anime :052:

Honourable mentions go to all three Kanto starters, Butterfree, the Pidgey line (I love Flying types in the games), Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Sandshrew, Electabuzz, Articuno, Eevee and its evolutions, the Staryu line, Oddish

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Charizard - Great design, looks like a dragon and is the only starter to use Fly so far.
Gyarados - Strong, decent design and a cool evolution from a simple Magikarp.
Aerodactyl - Brilliant fossil pokemon and a strong pokemon to have in team.
Dragonite - Dragon type which I like and it is a pretty powerful pokemon to have.
Mewtwo - Strongest pokemon in the game and is a legendary pokemon.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hmmm well my favourite Gen 1 pokemon kind of changes periodically hee hee. Right now for instance I'm very fond of Mew cuz I re-watched the first film, but a few months ago I was a big Slowpoke fan cuz I found my old Slowpoke plushie and got nostalgic. ^^

Gillachu

Banned
I like Pikachu, Raichu, Golduck, Dewgong, Gengar, Nidoking, Pidgeot, Jolteon, and Snorlax the most from Gen 1. I think my ultimate favorite is Charizard since it was my Starter in Red. :cool:

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Bulbasaur: Its adorable, also like its design and the hues of green.

Pidgeot: Mostly love its design. Looks majestic.

Arbok: I do love a good snake design. Never really used an Arbok on my teams, but I like how intimidating it looks.

Nidoking: A look of strength about him. Chose him a lot in Pokemon Stadium.

Rhydon: It's been a recent addition to my favorite Gen 1. I don't really know why lol but I do love its design.

Gyarados: Used it a lot in my teams, so he's kind of a staple. I love its design, as well as how intimidating it looks. I really like that he evolved from what people perceive as a really weak Pokemon haha.

Dragonair: Slender design and a nice combination of blue and white in a really nice looking Pokemon

Articuno: Number one favorite from Gen 1. I love its design, its colors, everything. Specially since when it showed itself in the Movie 2000.

Vroomer

Originally, way back when it all started:
#1 - Psyduck - Misty's foil.

Now, playing more, it is:
Gyarados, Dragonite, all the starters, Alakazam, and my current #1 - Kangaskhan. I use these Pokes a lot in my play throughs in gen 3, 4, and 6. Very useful and strong pokes.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I think my ultimate favorite is Charizard since it was my Starter in Red. :cool:

When I played Blue years ago I was a big Charizard fan myself and I remember beating my friend's Blastoise with Charizard once in a link battle ha ha. I think I still own a 1st edition holographic Charizard card that I got back in 1999 when Charizard was my favourite pokemon.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I always liked Growlithe and Arcanine, they have great designs and I've always felt like dogs make great pets in real life. They also looked pretty cool leaping out of the lava in Snap. Even now Arcanine is one of my favourite pokemon to use in UU, give it intimidate, will-o-wisp, a ton of special bulk and morning sun and you've got yourself a pretty tough wall. I like Growlithe's dex entries too, its ferocious and bold but also loyal.

Status
Not open for further replies.