1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Purchasing Games (Physical vs Digital)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Storm the Lycanroc, Sep 8, 2018.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Physical

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. Digital

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

With the portability of the Nintendo Switch and 3DS I started wondering something.

Do you prefer to physically own the game with case, and cartridge/disc? Or do you prefer to own them digitally so its easier to play?

2. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Protector

I’ve always preferred getting games physically out of habit ever since I was younger, though I wouldn’t mind trying out more digital in the future. It’s always nice to look at the box arts and cartridges that I’ve stored at home. But it’s sad to see that physical instruction booklets have basically disappeared.

3. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

I mostly get physical, but sometimes, when digital comes with a physical version (i.e. Bayonetta), or when there is a special promotion (i.e. Club Nintendo back in the day), then I would get digital.

One exception is Animal Crossing New Leaf, since I didn't want to just plug in the game everyday.

Also, if the game is older, then the digital version is often cheaper, like with Virtual Console.

4. M.P.

M.P. Ghastly Gamer

I almost always get physical. It's always nice to look at all my games in a shelf.

I only get digital version if there isn't physical version or the digital version is significantly cheaper than the physical one (ex. Shovel Knight).

5. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 Let me hear the voice of your Pokémon!

All my PC games are digital but when it comes to consoles I almost always go for physical.

6. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

I usually get physical. Physical games have far more benefits than digital right now, you can resell them if you don't want them, you can share them with other games, they won't be unplayable if online services go down, they don't eat up as much storage space. I usually only buy digital if no physical version exists.

7. Judge Mandolore Shepard

Judge Mandolore Shepard Spectre Agent

*Looks at video game collection, notices more physical games than digital* When it comes to purchasing games, I prefer going for physical games. For one thing, I like to be able to feel the game case. You can't feel a digital game.

8. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

I'd have to go with digital. You can't lose track of them because they're on the system itself.