1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: The Legendary Beasts

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by KyogreThunder, Dec 2, 2017.

?

Which beast is your favourite?

1. Raikou

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Entei

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Suicune

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Pokemon Gold and Silver versions introduced three legendary Pokemon: Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. They were also the first roaming Pokemon in the series. Which one do you like best? Please remember not to spam and explain your choice a bit.

2. Bananarama

Bananarama The light is coming

For me, my favorite is easily Suicune. I love its graceful design and its blue color, and it was great that Suicune ended up being the version mascot for Crystal and having the story center around it.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Raikou is my favorite due to it being underrated. I've always wondered why Entei and Suikun tend to be more popular than Raikou, but I feel that Raikou's design is generally perfect.

4. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Suicune, because it's design is my favourite of the three (and blue is my favourite colour), it's my favourite type, and it was a big help on my original Gold team many years ago (I gave it a pretty bad moveset overall, but its Surf helped me a lot at least).

5. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

I'm choosing Suicune. She just looks so majestic and royal. Purple and blue are also my favourite colours, and I just love her design and the fact that she's supposed to represent the aurora or Northern Lights. ;245;

6. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

I think I'll go with Raikou. It's one of my favorite types and I really like its design. Entei comes a close second, though.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  7. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

My favourite out of all of those would very easily be Suicune. I liked its elegant look, particularly with the crystal on its head, the purplish hair from its neck and its ribbons coming from its back, and how serious it looks in terms of its design.

8. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

My Suikun's moveset in Gold was pretty bad too, although what irked me more was that Suikun is more defense-oriented than Entei and Raikou.

9. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

My favourite is Raikou because of its high Speed and Special Attack. I like the other two, too, but Suicune doesn't hit that hard and I never liked the fact Entei lacked a good Physical Fire move outside of event-exclusive Flare Blitz before X/Y, and even then, stealing Ho-oh's signature move irked me. Frankly, I think they should have replaced Fire Blast in its level-up movepool with Flare Blitz in Generation IV, especially since Fire Blast is a TM move that can be purchased in said generation.

10. oshawott7

oshawott7 cat burgler

My favorite is probably Raikou, just for the fact that I don't like how the Entei in the movie wasn't real and I don't like how Suicune got special treatment. And yes I am aware that these are terrible reasons lol. I also feel kinda bad for Raikou not getting as much attention as the other two which I partly blame on its terrible GS sprite, poor thing.

11. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Korrina in her little white dress :) <3~

I LOVE SUICUNE!!! :D I have used him most, and he's the most pretty and girly looking of the 3^^

12. M.P.

M.P. Ghastly Gamer

Raikou. I like it's design and it's a shame it got less attention than the other two.

13. FullmetalJackie

FullmetalJackie Well-Known Member

I selected Entei and I seem to be one of the few who liked him. Also, does anyone else hate when the trio is called "dogs" when two of the three resemble felines?

14. PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate Well-Known Member

I never really had a favorite. I never HAD them. They are so annoying to get that I just never bothered. And it's hard getting a good nature for them as well.

15. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

Mine would be Raikou. I like its speed and Special Attack power.

16. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

They were difficult to catch, except for Suikun in Crystal version since it was stationary. But for Entei and Raikou, I used Master Balls to make things easier.

17. BlisseyEX

BlisseyEX The happiness Pokémon

My favourite of the three is Suicune, I used to draw it over and over again as a kid copying Ken Sugimori's art and it was one of my original favourite Pokémon back in Gen 2.
    Pokémon Crystal is hands down my favourite version as well so there's that too!

I still call them dogs by habit as in all the magazines I would read back as a kid they would be referred to as the legendary dogs and a couple of Japanese friends I have call them dogs. But the non beta versions are obviously feline.

No natures in G/S/C so that trouble is set aside :p

18. PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate Well-Known Member

I have them now in Gold/ Silver. The only other time I had them was Leaf Green and they were terrible.

I ran into them on accident and used a master ball. I had a couple master balls because of the cloning glitch.

I haven't tried using them yet because I don't like using legendaries. It's from back in the day when I had to ban legendaries because I could never beat my brother's team with a Mewtwo in it. I didn't have a Mewtwo at the time because I accidently knocked it out and saved, not realizing it wouldn't come back.