• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Poor Emolga

Status
Not open for further replies.

blob

How many episodes has she even appeared in? 8? Excadrill gets more screen time than her.
What's worse, is there was just a whole episode about electric sheep, yet Emolga got cast aside for Dragonite!

I'm really starting to think the writers don't remember Iris has one, because non-playable characters that travel with/around Ash tend to only have 3 Pokémon maximum, while Iris has 4.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
They obviously remember lol. She appeared in Juniper's Lab episode.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Emonga is perfectly fine, she appeared in the lab episode, Kibago league filler, and played a nice role in the beauty ep.

Graham Aker

This topic should be called "Poor Stunfisk", or "Poor Oshawott". Even though Emolga has only had 3 real battles this series, it's at least won them. Stunfisk was a bit of a butt-monkey at first, and Oshawott has become one, after a strong start.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Palpitoad is the one who's really being neglected. Shame since I think he has a nice design and had some really fun personality in his debut episode. Stunfisk is fine in-comparison to Brock's Happiny, battling a Gym Leader and getting a win in the Junior Cup isn't bad. Also appeared in the lab episode and has the ability to fly, helped give Luke a "gym battle" in the Club Battle Tournament. Happiny had her strength and that was it, hardly battled at all.

I'm just happy to see Axew being used as more than hair accessory lately.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Palpitoad is the one who's really being neglected. Shame since I think he has a nice design and had some really fun personality in his debut episode. Stunfisk is fine in-comparison to Brock's Happiny, battling a Gym Leader and getting a win in the Junior Cup isn't bad. Also appeared in the lab episode and has
the ability to fly, helped give Luke a "gym battle" in the Club Battle Tournament. Happiny had her strength and that was it, hardly battled at all.

Palpitoad had a very strong start. It was actually considered one of Ash's strongest for a period of time lol. Poor thing.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Palpitoad is the one who's really being neglected. Shame since I think he has a nice design and had some really fun personality in his debut episode. Stunfisk is fine in-comparison to Brock's Happiny, battling a Gym Leader and getting a win in the Junior Cup isn't bad. Also appeared in the lab episode and has the ability to fly, helped give Luke a "gym battle" in the Club Battle Tournament. Happiny had her strength and that was it, hardly battled at all.

Yeah, that's true about Stunny. His battles I thought were good, even though he lost almost all of them. xDD Like his capture was memorable, he "flew" against Larvesta, he did that spin thing against Skyla, he got tickled by Emolga...etc. etc. XD And he appeared in some other episodes as well.

I'm just happy to see Axew being used as more than hair accessory lately.

I laughed at the termonology. XD

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Palpitoad had a very strong start. It was actually considered one of Ash's strongest for a period of time lol. Poor thing.

Snivy actually was Ash's strongest Unova Pokemon from the beginning, unfortunately for her, others started catching up and at this point her strength is just kinda stagnate since she was caught. Trip considered Pikachu and Snivy to be the stars with the others being jokes. Palpitoad didn't come off as super strong to me from the beginning, he had some strong moves from the beginning but was one-shot by Oshawott. I never considered knocking out Burgundy's Stoutland to be too impressive, it did show some strategy from Ash, something we don't see often enough in battles lately.

In terms of things, I pretty much think some of the reserves are better than the main Pokemon in strength. Krookodile and Leavanny, Pignite got one-upped by the former and the latter makes a better Grass-type and overall battler than Snivy. Can't really speak for Osha and Palpitoad, neither has had an impressive battle in a while. Scraggy hasn't done much either recently, poor guy, you think his connection to Axew would mean he would appear more.

Last edited:
It's had 25 appearances (not counting movies & shorts) so I don't know where your getting 8 from. It's got the same number of appearances as Excadrill, whereas dragonite only has 7.

It's doing a lot better then other pokemon

gliscor&yanmega

Closing this. This thread just sounds like a means to cause problems.

As people pointed out, it appeared in more then 8 episodes, don't exaggerate.

There being an episode about Mareep where Emolga didn't appear means nothing. Emolga doesn't have any special connection with Mareep, the writers created the plot of the episode to have Dragonite help Ampharos learn ThunderPunch, Emolga can't do that.

The writers obviously remember it, they wouldn't forget something like a main cast's Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.