• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Poorly Created Pokemon

TheHitAndKill

TheHitAndKillYoutube
I would like to start this thread for everyone to input their OPINION with a list of pokemon that look like crap to them. Remember this is a opinion thread so no 'you are so stupid how do you not like insert name here'.

you may also defend the pokemon on posts like if you don't think cofagrigus is bad then just state why. GO

Cofagrigus (by far the biggest joke ever)
Zekrom
Reshiram
Landorus (joke)
Kyurem
Tornadus (joke)
Thundurus (joke)
Hydreigon
Mandibuzz
Bisharp
Golurk (looks like a robot)
Druddigon
Mienshao
Accelgor
Mienfoo
Cryogonal
Escavalier
Vanilluxe
Reuniclus
Gothitelle
Archeops
Gigalith
Swoobat
Spiritomb
Combee

Nimpe88

Golurk hardly looks like a robot. He's an animated stone golem. If you want robots, look at Magnemite and Voltorb.

Trubbish. It looks like they just slapped a booger on a plant and just went with it.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
I would like to start this thread for everyone to input their OPINION with a list of pokemon that look like crap to them. Remember this is a opinion thread so no 'you are so stupid how do you not like insert name here'.

you may also defend the pokemon on posts like if you don't think cofagrigus is bad then just state why. GO

Cofagrigus (by far the biggest joke ever)
Zekrom
Reshiram
Landorus (joke)
Kyurem
Tornadus (joke)
Thundurus (joke)
Hydreigon
Mandibuzz
Bisharp
Golurk (looks like a robot)
Druddigon
Mienshao
Accelgor
Mienfoo
Cryogonal
Escavalier
Vanilluxe
Reuniclus
Gothitelle
Archeops
Gigalith
Swoobat
Spiritomb
Combee

How. How can you say this. More than half of these you didn't even give a reason for. Pokemon is basically animals with powers. I won't say you're wrong (not terribly, I can see Swoobat but that's about it), but seriously...
Reshiram - fire dragon. First in Pokemon.
Tornadus - wind spirit. Only pure Flying type.
Hydreigon - hydra. 6th pseudo-legendary, highest level needed to be reached in order to evolve.
Mienshao - a...I'm not sure what animal that is, but kung fu animal nonetheless.
Cryogonal - Snowflake. Do you SEE another snowflake Pokemon or even Digimon?
Escavalier - Armored bug. Turn a knight into a bug and this is what you get. It's not poor.
Vanilluxe - It's not ice cream, it's an icicle. Would you have made a creature out of icicles?
Reuniclus - again, not sure what it is, but cells come to mind. You see another cell in Pokemon or Digimon or whatever?
Archeops - Fossil bird. Aerodactyl is most likely a pterodactyl, keep that in mind.
Gigalith - Probably a crystal cluster. Animated.

All Pokemon are kinda awesome in their own way, and I like all of them (even Stunfisk (derp)).

Last edited:

PsiOmega

An old soul
Reshiram is a blue-eyed white dragon. Hmm... where have I seen that before? And someone's gonna flip out when I say this, but the new Mewtwo-esque Pokemon looks utterly stupid and unoriginal.

TheHitAndKill

TheHitAndKillYoutube
How. How can you say this. More than half of these you didn't even give a reason for. Pokemon is basically animals with powers. I won't say you're wrong (not terribly, I can see Swoobat but that's about it), but seriously...
Reshiram - fire dragon. First in Pokemon.
Tornadus - wind spirit. Only pure Flying type.
Hydreigon - hydra. 6th pseudo-legendary, highest level needed to be reached in order to evolve.
Mienshao - a...I'm not sure what animal that is, but kung fu animal nonetheless.
Cryogonal - Snowflake. Do you SEE another snowflake Pokemon or even Digimon?
Escavalier - Armored bug. Turn a knight into a bug and this is what you get. It's not poor.
Vanilluxe - It's not ice cream, it's an icicle. Would you have made a creature out of icicles?
Reuniclus - again, not sure what it is, but cells come to mind. You see another cell in Pokemon or Digimon or whatever?
Archeops - Fossil bird. Aerodactyl is most likely a pterodactyl, keep that in mind.
Gigalith - Probably a crystal cluster. Animated.

All Pokemon are kinda awesome in their own way, and I like all of them (even Stunfisk (derp)).

Reshiarm I take it back is cool.

Tornadus is on a ****ing cloud that's incredibly stupid.

3headed dragon scares me.

The rest are just not right to me. Sorry :p

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Grimer and Muk are piles of goop with faces. Not very inspiring if you ask me. In the same vein, Dugtrio and Magneton aren't the most creative evolutions either.

Probopass is just plain ugly in my opinion. The giant nose, tiny little eyes, and mustache-beard-thing just don't do it for me. I know it's supposed to be based on a moai, but I think it could have had a slightly better design.

Stunfisk... I won't say what I think it looks like. But it's not pretty. And that smile is really creepy.

One more: Palkia. It's just very awkwardly designed - the feet seem huge and out of proportion, and I think the wings were overdoing it a little. Not to mention that it looks nothing like a Water-type.

So yeah, those guys are pretty much at the bottom of my list as far as my personal taste in Pokemon goes.

*braces self*

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
By far, Eevee is probably the most poorly created Pokemon. It's just a brown fox, big woop. It's eight Eeveelutions are equally generic. (No, I'm not trolling. This is my honest opinion.)

PokemonTrainerKaden

I'm going to have to disagree with several of the Pokemon you have on this list.
Golurk looks nothing like a robot, but more of a statue.
What's wrong with Vanniluxe? I think he's a cute little guy, who would have though of an ice cream cone as a Pokemon? I think it's brilliant that they went away from the animal/humanoid/dragon thing they've had going.
While Reshiram looks like crap what's wrong with Zekrom? He's got a decent design, and at least looks better than Dialga and Palkia.
Bisharp is pretty cool. I think the concept of him is great, and he's personally one of my favorites.
Reuniclus is another Pokemon that I think looks great. He's not amazingly designed, but I think he's got something good going for him. I'd say he's pretty unique.
And finally Gigalith. Gigalith is one of my favorite 5th generation Pokemon. I don't understand why you don't think he looks good, he's got a cool design, nice coloring, and a good concept for what they were trying to achieve. Overall I would give him an 8/10.
Yes I have more Pokemon on this list I would like to offend, but I'm too lazy to do so, so I picked out a few of my favorites.

Why are you hating on so many of the 5th gen Pokemon? If you want poorly designed Pokemon look at a few of the 4th gen Pokemon like Ambipom. 4th gen was probably the least creative being mostly evolutions and preevolutions. Happiny is also a terrible Pokemon from the 4th gen. As well as Kriketot/Kriketune, Glameow/Purugly, Carnivine, Lickilicky and so on.

TheHitAndKill

TheHitAndKillYoutube
I'm going to have to disagree with several of the Pokemon you have on this list.
Golurk looks nothing like a robot, but more of a statue.
What's wrong with Vanniluxe? I think he's a cute little guy, who would have though of an ice cream cone as a Pokemon? I think it's brilliant that they went away from the animal/humanoid/dragon thing they've had going.
While Reshiram looks like crap what's wrong with Zekrom? He's got a decent design, and at least looks better than Dialga and Palkia.
Bisharp is pretty cool. I think the concept of him is great, and he's personally one of my favorites.
Reuniclus is another Pokemon that I think looks great. He's not amazingly designed, but I think he's got something good going for him. I'd say he's pretty unique.
And finally Gigalith. Gigalith is one of my favorite 5th generation Pokemon. I don't understand why you don't think he looks good, he's got a cool design, nice coloring, and a good concept for what they were trying to achieve. Overall I would give him an 8/10.
Yes I have more Pokemon on this list I would like to offend, but I'm too lazy to do so, so I picked out a few of my favorites.

Why are you hating on so many of the 5th gen Pokemon? If you want poorly designed Pokemon look at a few of the 4th gen Pokemon like Ambipom. 4th gen was probably the least creative being mostly evolutions and preevolutions. Happiny is also a terrible Pokemon from the 4th gen. As well as Kriketot/Kriketune, Glameow/Purugly, Carnivine, Lickilicky and so on.

Dialga looks awesome. I could just tolerate some of the 4th gen. 5th gen got out of hand for a lot of them.

Zubeon

I really like Magneton's design, but I admit it's a bit lazy. I'd rather Magneton stay the same and Magnemite be simpler.

As far as I'm concerned, almost every Gen 4-5 legendary's design is ridiculous, with a couple of exceptions.

Now, my list of designs I really don't like (purely visual judgement):

Tangela
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Igglybuff
Wobbuffet
Snubbull
Tyrogue
Hitmontop
Smoochum
Magby
Blissey
Whismur
Loudred
Medicham
Spinda
Castform
Wynaut
Azurill
Luvdisc
Jirachi
Deoxys
Starly (line)
Kricketot (line)
Roserade
Burmy
Mime Jr
Munchlax
Riolu
Lickilicky
Rhyperior
Tangrowth
Magmortar
Togekiss
Mamoswine
Probopass
Palkia
Phione
Darkrai
Oshawott
Watchog
Simisear
Simipour
Woobat (line)
Timburr (line)
Palpitoad
Sewaddle (line)
Cottonee (line)
Darumaka (line)
Scraggy (line)
Gothita (line)
Vanillite (line)
Foongus (line)
Frillish (line)
Ferroseed (line)
Klink (line)
Elgyem (line)
Cobalion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus
Reshiram
Keldeo
Meloetta
Chespin
Sylveon

I'm happy to elaborate on any of those as requested.

PokemonTrainerKaden

Dialga looks awesome. I could just tolerate some of the 4th gen. 5th gen got out of hand for a lot of them.

I didn't mean to bash on Dialga, I love him to death, I was just saying that I personally think that Zekrom is better.

telivisionhead

Woobat: Seriously his just some blue flufball with wings and a nose. Makes no sense.
Garbodor: A trash can that just exploded... gross
Trubbish. A deflated trash can. Weird.
Magikarp: Same goes with febas. But just as worse. Magikarp was only made just for a pain for us pokemon players to level up forever until it evolves into a great pokemon. Then when it evolves its worth it but why?
Feebas: Read Magikarp again.
Litwick: Fire/ghost epic but whatever. A candle pokemon... sorta weird I think it was just a poor design giving a candle eyes. yea when it evovles it rocks but I think they made its evolutions but they needed something else like some random candle thats annoying and looks weird. Makes no sense again...

Xlate

I do not get Cryogonal at all...

There is also nothing exciting about the thunder trio.
The rest i think are okay

Meinfoo is more boring than poorly designed imo

Cutty

Forever now
I dont really like voltorb line, patrat line, bidoof line, some other more I cant remember now.

Some of your answers above actually have cool designs imo.