• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Poorly Created Pokemon

ECM

Reshiram is a blue-eyed white dragon. Hmm... where have I seen that before? And someone's gonna flip out when I say this, but the new Mewtwo-esque Pokemon looks utterly stupid and unoriginal.

I don't think the new "Mewtwo" Pokémon is stupid or unoriginal. It's similar enough to Mew and Mewtwo to see a connection, but different enough to stand out. Besides, we still don't know if its a new form or a brand new Pokémon.

That being said, I don't dislike any of the Pokémon designs. Some I like way more than others, but I find them all to be good in their own right.

Ditto B1tch

Every Pokemon is cool in its own way. But I have a list of some I consider also poorly designed.

Pinsir - What bug is it? I'm not sure, but maybe a kind of an ant. It's very weird.
Dunsparce - It looks like a bug, but it's not bug type. Lives on ground, but it's not ground type. In the end, GF decided to make it normal type. This dude is also very ugly, poorly designed in my viewpoint.
Castform - What are those pair balls under it? Breats? Nuts? It look gross for you from now on.
Hippopotas - Those two small eyes on top of that giant head is so odd. It doesn't even seem to be designed to be a Pokemon.
Probopass - I can't look at that mustache for a long, it reminds me Super Mario.
Regigigas - One word to describe this guy: ugly.
Throh & Sawk - Pokemon using clothes always sounded odd for me.
Elgyem/Beheeyem - They look like alien-like in my eyes. They don't look like Pokemon.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Every Pokemon is cool in its own way. But I have a list of some I consider also poorly designed.

Pinsir - What bug is it? I'm not sure, but maybe a kind of an ant. It's very weird.
Dunsparce - It looks like a bug, but it's not bug type. Lives on ground, but it's not ground type. In the end, GF decided to make it normal type. This dude is also very ugly, poorly designed in my viewpoint.
Castform - What are those pair balls under it? Breats? Nuts? It look gross for you from now on.
Hippopotas - Those two small eyes on top of that giant head is so odd. It doesn't even seem to be designed to be a Pokemon.
Probopass - I can't look at that mustache for a long, it reminds me Super Mario.
Elgyem/Beheeyem - They look like alien-like in my eyes. They don't look like Pokemon.

Pinsir- It's a Stag Beetle esque Pokemon
Castform- Why not research and see what those really are.
Hippopotas- Then why the hell does all sources call it a Pokemon?
Elygym line- Same as above.

TheHitAndKill

TheHitAndKillYoutube
I don't think the new "Mewtwo" Pokémon is stupid or unoriginal. It's similar enough to Mew and Mewtwo to see a connection, but different enough to stand out. Besides, we still don't know if its a new form or a brand new Pokémon.

That being said, I don't dislike any of the Pokémon designs. Some I like way more than others, but I find them all to be good in their own right.

Obviously the new one is mewtwo and frieza's baby they had.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手

Let's see...

Pinsir - Stag Beetle
Dunsparce - Well a lot of Pokemon live on the ground and aren't ground types.
Castform - What if it wants to land on something? Balance?
Hippopotas - Where else do you want a hippopotamus' eyes to be? And do you want them to be basketball size, like a giant squid?
Probopass - How else would you make a stone magnet unique? And people nowadays actually seem to like mustachios.
Regigigas - He pulled continents, cut him some slack. Do you want a little ant to pull continents?
Throh & Sawk - Do you want a naked martial artist?
Elgyem/Beheeyem - Well they kinda ARE aliens.

Not saying you're right, not saying you're wrong, just saying.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Okay, I'm going to try to defend Cofagrigus... because in my opinion it's actually pretty creative, it takes the Egyptian motif and does something not expected. Instead of a horror movie style mummy coming out of the sarcophagus, the sarcophagus has ghostly hands and then opens up in an unusual way reveling a ghost’s demonic face.

Asuka

Banned
I personally think all of Gen 5's Pokemon look poorly designed. And the Gen 6 Pokemon aren't that great either imo I just like Froakie and Chespin but the others aren't looking too great so far. And I think Mewtwo's new forme ruins the original forme. It just looks like a bad copy of him and I think Gamefreak is running out of ideas for new Pokemon so they keep recycling the old ones. Some one said a good word for what they're doing but I forget what it was may be redundant? I dunno but it bothers me how bad some of the new Pokemon look.

Laurelai

Obviously the new one is mewtwo and frieza's baby they had.

ok- that made me laugh.

I never quite got Staryu. Its a pretty little gemmy starfish thing, but never struck me as a pokemon.
Jinx and Mr. Mime... /shiver. Hello Uncanny Valley.
Ambipom.... it has stumps. It has no hands *weeps*
Does Whiscash *really* need a big W on its forehead?
Dusclops looks like its getting ready to grab b00bies.
Lickiliky- just plain disturbing

Last edited:

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
Gulpin looks like a rotten pear with a pair of duck lips. Either a rotten pear or a green blob of some sort :p

Never liked it or its evolution. They weren't really used much.. or atleast not known of as well.

Ausgirl

I don't like the new mewtwo design. It looks strange to me, and I think it's unnessary. I wish they would stop this "merging" business and creating new forms of already existing pokemon.

Shaylup

debeo capere omnes
I would like to start this thread for everyone to input their OPINION with a list of pokemon that look like crap to them. Remember this is a opinion thread so no 'you are so stupid how do you not like insert name here'.

you may also defend the pokemon on posts like if you don't think cofagrigus is bad then just state why. GO

Cofagrigus (by far the biggest joke ever)
Zekrom
Reshiram
Landorus (joke)
Kyurem
Tornadus (joke)
Thundurus (joke)
Hydreigon
Mandibuzz
Bisharp
Golurk (looks like a robot)
Druddigon
Mienshao
Accelgor
Mienfoo
Cryogonal
Escavalier
Vanilluxe
Reuniclus
Gothitelle
Archeops
Gigalith
Swoobat
Spiritomb
Combee

The ones in bold are the only ones whose designs I dislike out of those. And it's not so much disliking Resh/Zek/Kyurem's designs as thinking they don't really look like Pokemon. (Black and White Kyurem are even worse imo). Also, why no Electrode and Voltorb? Or Foongus and Amoongus? I mean, doing the Pokeball thing once was bad enough.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
No single Pokemon is poorly created for me. All of them look alright/great.

The Musician

Heracross trainer
There are definitely designs that I'm not fond of, but I will not going to go as far as saying that any Pokemon is "poorly" designed. To me this implies a lack of artistic talent and skill, which if were the case for one of Game Freak's employees they could easily remedy this problem by firing the artist/designer and hiring someone else.

I've seen tons of poorly designed Fakemon though...

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Zekrom
Reshiram
Landorus (joke)
Kyurem
Tornadus (joke)
Thundurus (joke)
Hydreigon
Mandibuzz
Bisharp
Druddigon
Mienshao
Accelgor
Mienfoo
Cryogonal
Escavalier
Vanilluxe
Reuniclus
Gothitelle
Archeops
Gigalith
Swoobat
Spiritomb
Combee

So....where's YOUR opinion? You're just stating a bunch of Pokemon that you dislike.

Ampy

Light The Stars
I would like to start this thread for everyone to input their OPINION with a list of pokemon that look like crap to them. Remember this is a opinion thread so no 'you are so stupid how do you not like insert name here'.

you may also defend the pokemon on posts like if you don't think cofagrigus is bad then just state why. GO

Zekrom
Reshiram
Landorus (joke)
Kyurem
Tornadus (joke)
Thundurus (joke)
Hydreigon
Mandibuzz
Bisharp
Druddigon
Mienshao
Accelgor
Mienfoo
Cryogonal
Escavalier
Vanilluxe
Reuniclus
Gothitelle
Archeops
Gigalith
Swoobat
Spiritomb
Combee

Major bias against Gen 5 Pokemon?

Matoro

Toa of Ice
My analysis

Cofagrigus (by far the biggest joke ever)--meh, i somewhat see you
Zekrom--wat. no way. i will admit it is not the best legendary I have ever seen but you must concede it is not stupid.
Reshiram--roughly same ^
Landorus (joke)--I think the reason for this is GF is trying too hard to base new pokemon off existing things, like the djinn. I like amorphous pokemon
Kyurem--meh
Tornadus (joke)--understandable
Thundurus (joke)--same ^
Hydreigon--Hmmm, this one is tough. I think they could have gone somewhere with the dark/dragon and/or three heads but the design is somewhat flawed
Mandibuzz--you are correct my good sir
Bisharp--I am not allowed to use the kind of language I would like to in response to this. Bisharp is the most awesome design I have ever seen and I can't imagine why you would say this.
Golurk (looks like a robot)--ok but your point?
Druddigon--yes filler dragon type
Mienshao--hmmm....yes
Accelgor--No. I actually like Accelgor's design and the theory behind its evolution. In general speed-based pokemon appeal to me.
Mienfoo--yes
Cryogonal--I think they could have gone somewhere with this, but the sprite is dissappointing. When I first read its dex entries I was so excited to see it and I was let down
Escavalier--Yes, but they had to put something in the Shelmet/Karrablast/Accelgor line
Vanilluxe--Now I think a lot of people use this to criticize gen 5, but I don't go around railing against Mr. Mime
Reuniclus--No. For a psychic-type it's pretty sweet. I like it.
Gothitelle--yes
Archeops--No, I actually like this one. I know there are other rock/flying but the prehistoric bird was a good idea.
Gigalith--When I imagine a straight-up rock type this is what I imagine. No other design. It is not my fav but I still approve
Swoobat--Correct
Spiritomb--Finally a non-5th gen. I'll have to disagree here. Spiritomb could have had a different name but it is somewhat cool.
Combee--Huh...yea, I guess you're right

LordSnivy

Tornadus, Landorus, Thundurus- Dislike that they are the same pokemon with three different skins and stat distributions. The Therian formes should have been the original ones. They used them to satisfy their form obsession.
Garbodor- I admit it was an interesting idea but it just looks odd.
Togekiss- It kind of looks like a big, awkward kite...thing.
Stunfisk-...look at it lol...and don't get me started on that battle cry...
Tangrowth-Just a large tangela with arms.
Sylveon-It is actually kind of growing on me but I chose it because it doesn't fit in with the others. The others all have simple designs and look cohesive when lined up next to each other and Sylveon is just...there. If they had simply stopped at one bow around the neck,though it still wouldn't fit in, it would have been better but the one around it's ear is overkill to me (i'm picky when it comes to detail).
Klinklang-It's just a Klang with a spike disk on the bottom...and Klang isn't all that great to begin with.