• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pop Goes The Sneasel! (267)

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
I saw this a very long time ago
This movie was the first time i saw a blaziken.
Hahaha meowth as a sneasel :p

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Sneasel was strong, and Machop+Machoke were also powerfull.

I loved to see Harrison's Blaziken. what a power it has.

7/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Finally some progress. At least Ash and Co. arrived at the Pokemon League per se. Learning about the staircase that led to the Ho-Oh flame was interesting, we didn't get too much backstory about it before. I was kind of glad that the anime made Sneasel seem mischievous as they are in other media. Even better that Ash wanted to help with the situation.

Meeting the new League rival was bitter sweet. I though Harrison had little personality despite him barely appearing this one time. But I did like his Houndoom, which played a big role in helping them defeat those Machop and Machoke at the summit of the shrine. I was even more glad that both Ash and Misty used their Water types (Totodile and Corsola) to try and beat Sneasel in order to get to the flame. Those two hadn't gotten much attention in Johto until now. Too bad both were defeated by that quick Sneasel. It lived up to it's name.

Meowth disguised as a Sneasel was funny, though of course, it was only to fool Sneasel into doing Team Rocket's dirty work. The highlight of this episode; Blaziken's anime debut! I didn't think we'd see another Hoenn Pokemon since Wynaut appeared in Blackthorn. I'm glad we got to see it's moves and it was even better that Harrison caught the Sneasel. His team needs some spicy personality and Sneasel is the right Pokemon for the job. Decent, 7/10.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Sneasel and Harrison for the 1st time. I'm glad he caught it. Very cool to see both Machop and Machoke again. All 3 were very strong! Faint Attack looks like a really cool attack. Meowth looked funny disguised as a Sneasel. It was cool seeing a Blaziken for the 1st time, the 2nd introduced Hoenn Pokemon. The battle between Sneasel and Blaziken was really cool.

20/100

I liked the funny Sneasel! It was nice to see Blaziken make its introduction, and Harrison as well, and it's nice that Harrison caught the Sneasel. And nice to see that the League could go on. But the most awesome was Meowth dressed up as a Sneasel. 10/10.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Jessie's line about using a tissue always made me laugh.

TR were absolute terrible to Meowth in this episode. Poor guy. At least he knows now James sorta kinda has his back.

The animation team for this was pathetically horrible. Sneasel's so hardcore, it's very difficult to make it look bad. ...they succeeded.

7threst

My second-favorite rival appeared in this episode! I always thought Harrison's personality was really cool because he was so calm and collective. Another really good point was to appearance of Blaziken and Harrison capturing Sneasel - giving us the audience a clear assumption that Harrison's team is really strong. The whole concept behind the flame and shrine was nicely explained too. It also lol'd when Jessie threw Meowth against Sneasel and when Meowth disguised itself as an Sneasel. A good prequel to a prequel/opening of the Silver Conference if you think about it.

That Sneasel was tough. It was amazing how it defeated so many Trainers, but when the gang comes, it gets captured. I like that. And this is the episode where I first saw Blaziken, I fell in love with its design. :D

Blessed

Good episode, although Ash looking up Sneasel on the Pokedex was funny considering he saw one in the fourth movie. Nice to see Misty take the initiative and battle Machoke, she should have battled again the second time. Harrison was an alright character, even though he just appeared randomly. Jessie is hilarious as usual and it was nice to see Meowth get revenge on her for booting him out of TR.

Zamin

Wow, I can't believe TR tried to kick out Meowth but I guess I shouldn't be surprised as they are villains!

It was epic seeing someone from Hoenn (Harison) It would have been epic at the time also!

Misty owned that Machoke, you go girl!

Love it!

It was cool seeing a Blaziken for the 1st time, the 2nd introduced Hoenn Pokemon.
20/100

Actually, so far (I'm not quite done Master Quest at this point, so more might appear (also, assuming I'm not missing any more that appeared in some past episodes)), Blaziken is the third introduced Hoenn Pokemon. Kecleon appeared back toward the end of Johto League Champions.

Anyway, it was neat seeing Blaziken for the first time before the end of the Johto seasons. :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was cool seeing Sneasel as well as finding out about the sacred flame's origin. I liked Harrison so even tho I wish Jessie had caught Sneasel instead, I didn't mind as much that Harrison did instead. :3

DatsRight

Sneasel would've ended up useless under Jessie's care, though. At least Harrison would put it to greater use...

A Sneasel owned by Team Rocket would fit the bill, indeed I feel if Sneasel had been Gen 1, it would have likely ended up playing Meowth's character. But maybe that's the thing, it's redundant, Meowth is the weaselly villain Pokemon of the show. And what's more he can vent it out better due to talking.

Maybe this is why most Sneasels in the anime such as this one tend to end up a bit of an antithesis for the guy, being a successfully devious, fearsome and antagonistic Pokemon where poor Meowth is just bumbling, jaded and pitiful. And of course Meowth hates nearly all of them.

Not a bad episode. The trio were uncharacteristically lacking in camaraderie in some early episodes, weren't they? The payoff at the end was hilarious though. Other funny bit was Meowth trying to reveal the bomb to Sneasel and tactfully suggest shrewd ways off outgambitting Jessie's plan such as-*cue 'BOMB? GET AWAY FROM ME!!!' shove from Sneasel*

Sneasel sounded kinda creepy with that reverb, and Machop and Machamp were laughably useless 'bodyguards'.

Last edited:

JudySpell

Banned
We met Harrison here and learned about the Ho-Oh flame but I was bummed out that Sneasel was captured by him since it fit Jessie's style more. 6/10

DatsRight

I've discovered that Sneasel is voiced by Jimmy Zoppi. Think about that while listening to Maddie Blaustein's Meowth complain about being replaced in this episode (and Eric Stuart's James being a tad averse to the idea as well). XD

Last edited:

DatsRight

I dunno about that. If Jessie had gotten it, I think she would've benefited from its type combination, although like I said Harrison catching it instead was ok with me any ways. ^^;

Nah, this was the sadly around the start of the long duration where TR were completely ineffectual. Types, species, whatever, they're just there to get beaten up. It's probably the reason TR never bothered catching a rock/ground type Pokemon to counter Pikachu.

Capturing a Sneasel during BW or XY might have had benefits however.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Nah, this was the sadly around the start of the long duration where TR were completely ineffectual. Types, species, whatever, they're just there to get beaten up. It's probably the reason TR never bothered catching a rock/ground type Pokemon to counter Pikachu.

Well that's probably true. I just waned to be optimistic, tho looking back it would've seemed off for Jessie to get a Johto pokemon so close to the beginning of Hoenn I guess.