• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pop Goes The Sneasel! (267)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Okay, I liked how there was a torch and flame in the Silver Conference similar to the one at Indigo Plateau and I thought that Sneasel was a really jerkish pokemon. Lol, Meowth looked pretty good as Sneasel with the costume on.

ZilverLox

Banned
Wow, Harrison was an amazing COTD from Hoenn! He got that powerful Sneasel to work with and his Blaziken was awesome in this episode and in his battle with Ash. It's too bad that Meowth got the short end of the stick with this episode, but I'm glad that he got revenge on Jessie and James for trying to replace him. I liked when Jessie and James were sure they snatched Sneasel and found they had Meowth instead. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
So the Jouto saga culminated at this moment: Satoshi had finally arrived at the Shirogane Conference. I was pleased that the Jouto League's flame originated from Houou, and I liked the chaos that the wild Nyula caused. Hazuki battling Nyula with his Bursyamo and catching it was the pinnacle of this episode.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Wow, Harrison was an amazing COTD from Hoenn! He got that powerful Sneasel to work with and his Blaziken was awesome in this episode and in his battle with Ash.

Harrison barely even used Sneasel after this episode though, which seemed like such a waste.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Man I didn't mind Harrison's debut here but he didn't need to catch Sneasel since he had a full team already. I thought this was a good League start though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was somewhat vexed that even though we found out that Houou's flame was the source of the Jouto League's torch, that we once again didn't get to see Houou itself, just part of a flashback. Houou's elusiveness got tiring by this point.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. TRio really irked me here, though. I liked the backstory of the shrine and the sacred flame. It was good to see Ash meet Harrison and the latter catching the Sneasel causing trouble, since we don't see such captures very often.
8/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Good episode. TRio really irked me here, though. I liked the backstory of the shrine and the sacred flame. It was good to see Ash meet Harrison and the latter catching the Sneasel causing trouble, since we don't see such captures very often.
8/10

I was pleased that Jouto's sacred flame had a different origin than Kanto's flame, although had it not been for Nyula's involvement, this episode would've been an exact copy of the first episode from the Sekiei League.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
This intro to the Johto League isn't as epic as the Kanto one, but it's okay. It felt too much like a random filler episode rather than the start of an eight parter.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BulleDeChagrin said:
It felt too much like a random filler episode rather than the start of an eight parter.

That's probably because it was focused more on a Jouto Pokemon that hadn't appeared before rather than the start of the League itself. The subplot about the sacred flame was the only part of the episode that felt like it meant anything in the long run.

Nice to see Harrison (who is from Hoenn!) and Blaziken debut!!!! I just realized that Harrison and Peso (in the American version of the Octonauts) share the same English VAs, along with Lance.
Wish Ash would have mentioned Ho-Oh here.