• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
That still doesn't make sense to me though, to use your furnature analogy, it's like throwing a table away and then buying exactly the same one later that day. There's absolutely no difference between this thread and the last, and given genres are ever evolving topics of discussion, a point highlighted with genre threads being exempt from the no bumping after x amount of days rule, there's never not something to discuss, and the very nature of the thread accomodates people dipping in and out. It just seems a lot of effort to go to for no logical reason. Unless I'm missing something, are there any benefits to duplicating the thread?

Like ke$ha said, it's just to keep the thread fresh. That's all there is to it. There wasn't a lot of effort put into making this thread, either. 5 minutes, tops. I'm very sorry that having threads being remade troubles you.
:u

Anyway, go back to discussing pop music.

Popboi

The Elusive Trainer
Talking about Ke$ha I hope that either Crazy Kids or Supernatural get released after C'mon, she needs a big hit ASAP.

Kreis

Still Dirrty

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
i don't need to watch the video because i saw it live #obama #ObnoxiousTwitterReferencing

someone not as lazy as me should also post Beyonce's amazing rendition of the national anthem. i felt hints of whitney's memorable version in this one, specifically the falsetto at "land of the free", which she could've done even higher pitched but i guess she refrained herself to avoid taking away from Obama's celebration, and the way she broke down "of the brave" at the end. kelly did good, too

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I included Beyonce's video in my post, too. For some reason vBulletin doesn't let you show two videos at once, so I had just included Bey's video as a link.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I included Beyonce's video in my post, too. For some reason vBulletin doesn't let you show two videos at once, so I had just included Bey's video as a link.

yeah, i also learned that the hard way once, but I'll do it for you

[video=youtube;Z-DSFrGnQrk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-DSFrGnQrk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

and because i love Beyonce

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Considering we refer to it so often, I thought it would be worth mentioning that this Saturday, Billboard is revamping its website to give it a slicker design and a bunch of new features, most notably the ability to directly play songs from the chart through streaming services, or just play an entire chart as a playlist. There will also be a fan rating system and much more detailed artist pages, including a Top 100 artist timeline. So for chart-obsessed people like me or people who love seeing the stats of the artists they love, this should be a really nice upgrade.

Beyonce's performance of the anthem was nice. I've never really thought too much of her, but I like her quite a bit and this did nothing to change that. But oh my god, Kelly was phenomenal... totally surpassed my expectations.

HoennMaster

Beyonce was of course good, but I was far from blown away. But I agree, Kelly....OMG Kelly just blew that song out of the water. Beautiful and amazing.

Kreis

Still Dirrty

Ke$ha

Banned
I really luv Kellys vocals and Im glad she sang live. Im just upset with Beyonce cuz shes lip synced before and I wanted her to sing live at the inauguration to impress everybody but what are u gonna do. Hope fully this wont affect her new album :)

Ruby Blue

It's okay, I'm threatened by Kelly's vocals, too. :(

Cool it girl, I'm just venting about how universally loved she is here, despite the fact she gets her income off of remaking Since U Been Gone every few years and calling it an album. P!nk is in a similar position. The performance was cute, but if she wins any Grammy's against Florence or Carly we'll have an issue.

Why would I be threatened by Belly Clarkson anyway?

http://i47.*******.com/vg1s9s.gif

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Cool it girl, I'm just venting about how universally loved she is here, despite the fact she gets her income off of remaking Since U Been Gone every few years and calling it an album. P!nk is in a similar position. The performance was cute, but if she wins any Grammy's against Florence or Carly we'll have an issue.

Why would I be threatened by Belly Clarkson anyway?

http://i47.*******.com/vg1s9s.gif

lmao. Aren't most pop artists the same way? It's a smart thing to do, they stick to what sells. For her third album she tried steering away from her formulaic sound from her previous records, and look how that turned out in terms of sales. Her best album, but lackluster sales. As a lot of you say in this thread, she still "slays."

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I'm not sure she if she did or not, but if she did, I have to say I'm disappointed. I don't get why some fantastic vocalists choose to lip synch instead of performing live. She has the vocal talent, so I really don't get why she'd do that for.

Status
Not open for further replies.