• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariah Carey released a teaser video for her new song called "Beautiful" featuring Miguel! I'M EXCITED! I hope Mariah has a successful year with another #1 or at least a Top 10 hit!
Beautiful Teaser

Floette

Fennekin
Nicki Minaj set to release clothing line, including swimsuits, for both males and females: http://www.vibe.com/article/nicki-minaj-launches-new-clothing-line-hollywood
Recent fragrance and beauty set available at macy's (called Pink Friday). Her next album, The PinkPrint is set to come out in 2013. She's also doing *several* movies, apparently (under wraps). She also recently partnered up with a beverage company to release MYX moscato, currently only available in LA and NYC.

I love Nicki Minaj ^_^

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Nicki Minaj set to release clothing line, including swimsuits, for both males and females: http://www.vibe.com/article/nicki-minaj-launches-new-clothing-line-hollywood
Recent fragrance and beauty set available at macy's (called Pink Friday). Her next album, The PinkPrint is set to come out in 2013. She's also doing *several* movies, apparently (under wraps). She also recently partnered up with a beverage company to release MYX moscato, currently only available in LA and NYC.

I love Nicki Minaj ^_^

just like Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj is using her American Idol spotlight to make herself a household name. I swear, the amount of times my mom has mentioned this year has increased by 300% since last year. funny, I thought Mariah would've been the one to do this

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment

I love Nicki Minaj ^_^
I think the swimsuits for men will flop due to most males not wanting nicki releted items. A 18/21+ drink also seems stupid. I also think she should stop using the word pink in all her albums/items.

Floette

Fennekin
I've been a Nicki Minaj fan since her mixtape days. She has really established herself as not only an artist, but a businesswoman. The reason everything is "pink" with her is because she sees it as her brand. And others may not agree, but I want the Nicki Minaj swim trunks.

Her American Idol judging job wasn't really a method of abusing the spotlight for fame. It was more her way of showing that despite the struggles she has gone through (and believe me, she has gone through a lot) and the mass amount of criticism she receives, she can persevere. Maybe I am biased, but she is one of the best judges on the show in recent years. She actually gives a lot of insight into vocals, etc. She also tells the contestants not only how to sing properly, but how to succeed into today's music industry.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I've been a Nicki Minaj fan since her mixtape days. She has really established herself as not only an artist, but a businesswoman. The reason everything is "pink" with her is because she sees it as her brand. And others may not agree, but I want the Nicki Minaj swim trunks.

Her American Idol judging job wasn't really a method of abusing the spotlight for fame. It was more her way of showing that despite the struggles she has gone through (and believe me, she has gone through a lot) and the mass amount of criticism she receives, she can persevere. Maybe I am biased, but she is one of the best judges on the show in recent years. She actually gives a lot of insight into vocals, etc. She also tells the contestants not only how to sing properly, but how to succeed into today's music industry.

as much as I don't like it, I kinda agree with this. from the short amount of American Idol I've seen (maybe 2/3 hours), she really does help the finalists with what matters: being successful outside of the Idol stage, which a lot of judges in other shows forget to consider, and the fact that she was able to make a name for herself outside of YMCMB and successfully cross over to pop (and have a killer verse in Kanye's Monster), she has proven that she's a force in today's culture. nevertheless, I still think she's overrated and not very talented

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
The Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (dated May 11th):

1. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (=) (3rd week @ #1!)
2. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton (=)
3. "Stay" - Rihanna (+3)
4. "Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz (-1)
5. "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake (+2)
6. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (-2)
7. "Suit & Tie" - Justin Timberlake ft. Jay-Z (+1)
8. "Feel This Moment" - Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera (+1)
9. "I Love It" - Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX (+4)
10. "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons (+2)
--------------------
26. "Gentleman" - Psy (-21)

Personal comments:
-Third week at #1 for JGMAR! I'm super happy at this point because even when JGMAR loses the #1 spot, it'll be replaced by CHU, which I also love!
-It kinda sucks that "Stay" keeps on rising up to #3 only to fall afterwards (I'm assuming that will happen again because no way Stay is beating JGMAR or CHU). It deserved to go higher
-LOL @ "Suit & Tie" losing a TON of airplay this week, yet rising a position. It kind of reminds me of "Let Me Love You"'s annoyingly long stay in the Top 10
-OH MY GOD YES "I LOVE IT" IS IN THE TOP 10!!! This is probably the best dance song of 2013 so far, it's so much fun and sounds awesome and I'm so happy that it finally made it into the Top 10!
-"Radioactive" back in the Top 10 :D Hopefully it's here to stay this time
-Well, there goes the opinions of everybody who thought that "Gentleman" would be a "Gangnam Style"-esque smash...

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I used to like “I Love It", but then I kept hearing it on various TV commercials/trailers/shows, such as this one:

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8N3zC9XYv0[/video]

•i officially love JGMAR. first single from Pink's most recent album that i love. first single featuring anyone from fun. that I love. it finally happened
•I'm still not over “Stay" so I'm more than happy with it rising.
•can't wait for Macklemore to re-seize #1 as soon as next week!

•and Gentleman can SUCK IT!

3. "Stay" - Rihanna (+3)
--------------------

Personal comments:
-Third week at #1 for JGMAR! I'm super happy at this point because even when JGMAR loses the #1 spot, it'll be replaced by CHU, which I also love!
-It kinda sucks that "Stay" keeps on rising up to #3 only to fall afterwards (I'm assuming that will happen again because no way Stay is beating JGMAR or CHU). It deserved to go higher
-LOL @ "Suit & Tie" losing a TON of airplay this week, yet rising a position. It kind of reminds me of "Let Me Love You"'s annoyingly long stay in the Top 10
-OH MY GOD YES "I LOVE IT" IS IN THE TOP 10!!! This is probably the best dance song of 2013 so far, it's so much fun and sounds awesome and I'm so happy that it finally made it into the Top 10!
-Well, there goes the opinions of everybody who thought that "Gentleman" would be a "Gangnam Style"-esque smash...
Yes! Just give me a reason is still on top! But seriously, im not too fond of stay. Dont get me wrong i DO think both Rihanna amd Mikky Ekkos vocals are superb, but i just think Rihanna is trying to hard to tone it down.
As for Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, atm they are easily the best success story of 2013! Hopefully next week cant hold us will reach the top.
And of course there is I Love It. Its definitely getting promotion and one moment I love it (pun not intended) and the next i hate it.
Radioative climbs back up! Great news! Im really beginning to like everything imagine dragons do.

Dear old psy, please release more music, your videos are quality.

Mariah Carey released a teaser video for her new song called "Beautiful" featuring Miguel! I'M EXCITED! I hope Mariah has a successful year with another #1 or at least a Top 10 hit!
Beautiful Teaser

I think it's safe to say that Mariah's done. She had more than a decades worth of success but the US music market just isn't here for her any more. She's made herself look bad on Idol any ways. She should focus on other things instead of trying to gain the general public's support again because it will just be a losing battle IMO.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

3. "Stay" - Rihanna (+3)
--------------------

Personal comments:

Radioactive is finally in the Top Ten!!!11! (i feel it in my bones) (Welcome to the new age)
I Love It has become a bit boring now. I hear it more than I hear JGMAR and Can't Hold Us combined! (4:1 ratio)
WIWYM is not Bruno's best sad-song work. I personally think Grenade was his best solo after his pairing with B.O.B. and Travie McCoy.
Rihanna, stahp! Stay is sung by everyone everywhere, and I think that's what's making me appreciate the song less.
Psy will only be a one-hit wonder in the U.S. and a nobody in South Korea.

Chris-kun

i still believe
I think it's safe to say that Mariah's done. She had more than a decades worth of success but the US music market just isn't here for her any more. She's made herself look bad on Idol any ways. She should focus on other things instead of trying to gain the general public's support again because it will just be a losing battle IMO.

People said that before We Belong Together back in 05 too... Just sayin'

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS

Nicki stays worshiping the contestants clothing choices for days on end. That is annoying. You were hired to critique and cultivate their singing talent, not their fashion choices.

But the truth of the matter, and the reason she took the gig, is to increase her stan/fanbase and reach homes/markets she otherwise failed to. Given how her latest album re-re-release flopped she needs all the help she can get.

My favorite artist is Eminem even though I don't feel like his last few albums even remotely showcase his ability. He does have 4 #1 hits, though.

Immortal Technique is a close second, but of course he doesn't have any hits.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
My favorite artist is Eminem even though I don't feel like his last few albums even remotely showcase his ability. He does have 4 #1 hits, though.

my brother is a fan of Immortal Technique (or at least he was at some point). he played for me the song about his mother and rape and it really grabbed my attention. it's such a dark song but it was really good. and uh, this is a thread about pop music, so yeah, no more

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

What the hell……
This is a Pop Music thread. If you want to show your favorite songs in general go to theSong Review and Post Thread

I think Mariah Carey is becoming less and less to my liking. She only releases Christmas albums and the last one I ever heard from her was from 2011, so she's basically done.

Can't wait for Mariah's and JLo's new singles next week!

I'm excited for JLo's new singles since On the Floor was too conventional sounding, and Dance Again was just "On the Floor 2".
Her older songs and her "I'm Into You" from 2011 were really good tracks, and I hope she returns to familiar styles as such.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think Mariah Carey is washed out, honestly until Idol we really didn't even hear about her at all. Besides, there are bigger and better divas.

Status
Not open for further replies.