• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ke$ha

Banned
Well then Billboard can have many seats because their first single was Wings and it flopped hard. I can't at our supposed 'official' source spreading misinformation. Not that I've ever taken Billboard seriously but they should at least do their research before leaping on band wagons.

Any ways I think the song is average but so is most of the stuff that's charting at the moment.

Actually I think their 1st single was called My Oh My but I get ur point. I dont know what billboard is up to but they should correct their mistake.

And WOW Im surprised Stay is doing so well. I dont care too much about the song but its success is outstanding :)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I really hope Same Love comes back hard, it's amazing and beautiful and such an inspiration <3 <3 <3 <3!!!

But ya, GO MACKLEMORE!!!

Popboi

The Elusive Trainer
Does Mariah sing alone in her own tracks anymore? I don't listen to her, I think all I've heard of her was her old stuff from the 90s, which IIRC, she sang alone. It seems like her last two songs I've heard (Triumphant and #Beautiful) have others singing her songs, while she stays in the background or she just sings some verses.

Almost Home was just her, her last studio album didn't have any collabs either.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Well then Billboard can have many seats because their first single was Wings and it flopped hard. I can't at our supposed 'official' source spreading misinformation. Not that I've ever taken Billboard seriously but they should at least do their research before leaping on band wagons.

I think they meant first two singles to actually chart on the Hot 100. If that's the case - and it makes sense that it is - then it's accurate, because none of their singles before "Thrift Shop" ever even came close to touching the Hot 100.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
in 3 weeks I have become in love with JGMAR. I even like it more than CHU. but I haven't really given CHU a chance since I got hooked on JGMAR, meaning I'll probably love it by next week. overall, this is the best top 2 in a while

UPDATE: It took me one listen - that's right, ONE FULL LISTEN - to love Can't Hold Us more than JGMAR now. my god, music is so good right now

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
The Top 10 for the Hot 100 that was released today (dated May 25th):

1. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton (=) (2nd week @ #1!)
2. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (=)
3. "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake (=)
4. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (+1)
5. "Stay" - Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko (-1)
6. "Come & Get It" - Selena Gomez (+8)
7. "Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz (-1)
8. "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons (=)
9. "I Love It" - Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX (-2)
10. "Cruise" - Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly (-1)
---------------------------------------------------------
24. "#Beautiful" - Mariah Carey ft. Miguel (DEBUT)

Personal comments:
-2nd week at #1 for CHU! Hopefully the second of many
-Wow, I knew "Come & Get It" would get into the Top 10, but I didn't realize it would shoot up so high!
-I hope "I Love It" rebounds, I'd hate to see it peak at #7
-"#Beautiful" debuted much lower than I expected. I didn't think it would be a Top 10 debut, but I thought it would debut at around #15

Last edited:

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I really don't have much to say, so I hope it's okay that I don't quote SC's post :p
•same Top 3 as last week, which is cool because these are the best 3 songs, and in that order; I actually love these songs even more than I did last week
•i had WIWYM stuck in my head for like 12 hours STRAIGHT. it was not fun. so I'm getting over it. I still like Stay, though.
•i was hoping “Clarity" would be the next top 10 song, but I'm not too surprised that Selena Gomez made it here. Z100 sure loves the song

HoennMaster

Been forever but Top 10 is still rather boring overall. Dear God...when did Selena get that popular?

Meanwhile, Britney's Ooh La La has leaked. Warning, song is not her usual sexy music as it's for the Smurfs movie.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Been forever but Top 10 is still rather boring overall. Dear God...when did Selena get that popular?

Meanwhile, Britney's Ooh La La has leaked. Warning, song is not her usual sexy music as it's for the Smurfs movie.

My poor ears O_O.....good lord the auto tune <_<

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I know there was one point about a year ago where a lot of people were talking about Lana Del Rey, so I thought I'd ask people their opinions on "Young & Beautiful", her single on The Great Gatsby soundtrack. I personally am in love with the song, and I wasn't even one of those people who would talk about Lana a lot. I honestly think I've listened to it about 10 times today, so if you haven't listened to it yet, go do it. (I recommend the DH Orchestral Version, it sounds much more ominous than the original)

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I know there was one point about a year ago where a lot of people were talking about Lana Del Rey, so I thought I'd ask people their opinions on "Young & Beautiful", her single on The Great Gatsby soundtrack. I personally am in love with the song, and I wasn't even one of those people who would talk about Lana a lot. I honestly think I've listened to it about 10 times today, so if you haven't listened to it yet, go do it. (I recommend the DH Orchestral Version, it sounds much more ominous than the original)

I listened to it and connected the lyrics to Gatsby, and I found it very sad. poor Gatsby :(
it really makes me wanna see this movie now; this song really sets the tone for the darker parts of the story

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

Once she started rapping (does her rapping count as ear-raping?), I stopped listening. The sassy rapping is just not her style, and the vocals were actually really catchy. Then the rapping started and I was done.

HoennMaster

I guess that wasn't the final version of the song, she said the real version comes out in about a month. I'm curious as too what more they could change though.

Chris-kun

i still believe

Young & Beautiful is amazing and one of the best songs she's ever done. It's perfect for the film (and used wonderfully in the film), and it's just a wonderful song in general. I hope it makes Lana a more mainstream success and restores some of the cred she had pre-SNL

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I guess that wasn't the final version of the song, she said the real version comes out in about a month. I'm curious as too what more they could change though.

Phew, I was fearful she would deliver that trainwreck as the final draft. I just hope the real version doesn't have her sass-rapping too much.

HoennMaster

It's only a few lines that she does it so it's not that bad.

Meanwhile, I am in shock because this was revealed months ago and I am just finding out today! Fergie said back in December that she is in the early stages of a new solo album. Thank God, I've been dying for one for years.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
It's only a few lines that she does it so it's not that bad.

Meanwhile, I am in shock because this was revealed months ago and I am just finding out today! Fergie said back in December that she is in the early stages of a new solo album. Thank God, I've been dying for one for years.

it can't be worse than what will.i.am is doing. please, fergie. salvage the “black eyed peas" name

Status
Not open for further replies.