• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yeah but most people like whatever the media throws at them. I hope this would get more viewers that are not american.

Lol thank god I'm not like that or I would like some shitty music.

The Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (chart dated June 1st):

1. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz (=) (3rd week at #1!)
2. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (=)
3. "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake (=)
4. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (=)
5. "Stay" - Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko (=)
6. "Cruise" - Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly (+4)
7. "Come & Get It" - Selena Gomez (-1)
8. "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons (=)
9. "I Love It" - Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX (=)
10. "Get Lucky" - Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams (+5)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
12. "Blurred Lines" - Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. (+42)
20. "#Beautiful" - Mariah Carey ft. Miguel (+4)

Personal comments:
-3rd week at #1 for CHU! I'm really curious to see what's going to replace this and when. Right now it has zero competition, as JGMAR is falling and Mirrors's sales aren't holding up
-"Cruise" is performing way better than I could have ever expected. One of the biggest country-pop crossovers we've had in a long time
-Wow, who would have thought that of all artists, Pharrell Williams would be the big rising artist of the summer!? I do really like "Blurred Lines" though, it's a really catchy and fun song
-Not too much to say this week, there were a lot on non-movers

Well its great to see Cant Hold Us on top for another week! It doesnt seem to have much competition either which is a good/bad thing. Im glad to see Get Lucky climbing into the top ten, its honestly one of the most catchy songs i have heard in a while :D. I actually think it could climb considerabley and possibly take the number one spot from Macklemore, Ryan Lewis and Ray Dalton. It has been no.1 in th UK for four weeks and is already the 2nd best selling single of 2013.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
The Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (chart dated June 8th):

1. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton (=) (4th week @ #1!)
4. "Get Lucky" - Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams (+6)
5. "Cruise" - Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly (+1)
6. "Come & Get It" - Selena Gomez (+1)
7. "I Love It" - Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX (+2)
8. "Stay" - Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko (-3)
9. "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons (-1)
10. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (-6)
--------------------------------
12. "Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz (-1)
26. "Clouds" - Zach Sobiech (DEBUT)

Personal comments:
-4th week for CHU!!
-Woah, "Get Lucky" is really blowing up! I can see this being the next #1 after CHU dies down
-The success of "Cruise" is genuinely confusing me. The remix isn't even that good, and the "pop" version is barely different from the country one
-Looks like "Stay" will outlast WIWYM in the Top 10, which I'm very happy again. Rihanna made the better of the two ballads
-"Radioactive" biding its time as it grows on radio... I can see this beating the record "Cruise" just set this week for slowest climb into the Top 5
-Beautiful that "Clouds" managed to debut fairly high. Say what you want about the song itself, it's great to see that viral videos can go towards something good, and not just stupid Harlem Shake stuff

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!

1. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton (=) (4th week @ #1!)

unfortunately, I was busy this past week, so I'm not so up-to-date with these songs.
•i'm not surprised that Macklemore and Lewis are still #1. they've been pretty dominant in 2013 (and the halfway mark is around the corner). I wonder how much success they'll have in the summer now that all the generic dance/electronic singles are invading the airwaves
•overall, I love the Top 3, even though they're getting old. the 2 ballads, I was getting tired of... except I didn't mind hearing Stay on the radio (the original, not the remix)
•btw I'm stupid. I don't have Get Lucky downloaded. I should probably do that now (after lunch, homework, extracurriculars, college enrollment... just kill me now)
•i hate that I like Selena Gomez's single. it's not special at all and the lyrics are so simple and, like her boyfriend, she's so auto tuned. I guess I'm entranced by the foreign percussion, and the synth in the chorus, and Selena being sexy :p

Retro Mew

Mystical Furball
Katy's album is allegedly coming out in September guys! :D

Still no news on ARTPOP, the struggle is real. :/

Last edited:

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Katy's album is allegedly coming out in September guys! :D

It's weird considering I've never really been too big on Katy Perry, but I'm actually kind of interested to hear some of her new stuff. I remember a while back she said that her new album would have "darker pop", so I'm curious to see what she means by that. I hope that the sound of the album is similar to how "Wide Awake" sounded, because I think she was going in a great direction with that song - especially considering pure happy electro-pop is somewhat struggling in 2013 compared to softer songs.

Still no news on ARTPOP, the struggle is real. :/

Last I heard, there were plans (or rumours) for an August single release and an autumn album release. But considering it's almost June and Gaga has said nothing about Artpop, I'm surprised if we even get it then...

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
speaking of electro-pop, since I've already said a couple of times that I'm sick of these generic songs being released every summer, the only one I'm really enjoying (a lot) is Clarity. I guess I'm just expressing myself. hopefully, this song gets big. it feels.. different

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
the only one I'm really enjoying (a lot) is Clarity.

I'm glad I'm not the only one paying attention to this masterpiece of a song. It's honestly beautiful, definitely one of the more mature sounding electro-pop songs I've heard in a long time.

Anyways... for my X Factor USA watching people out there, multiple sources have been confirming that Fifth Harmony's new single will be released on June 17th. I don't know about you guys, but I am super excited for this. I loved them on X Factor and from listening to their covers on YouTube, they seem to have gotten even better since the show.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Does anyone else love the band Owl City which was created by an AWESOME guy named Adam Young? (he was the one who teamed up with Carly Rae Jepsen this past Summer with the song "Good Time", and was also the creator of the song "Fireflies" which was HUGE back in '09). Because I am a TOTAL Hootowl (A.K.A a HUGE fan of Owl City!) So has anyone else heard his music, or is a hootowl or fan as well. I'm just curious! ;3

P.S. Sorry if I sound like some crazy fangirl, but I am just really excited to see if anyone else has heard of or likes Owl City! :D

Retro Mew

Mystical Furball
ARTPOP news is heavily rumored to be quickly approaching. Zynga, the company behind Farmville, posted a pic of a cartoon version of Gaga and said that we won't believe the "new thing" they have next week. Gaga released a photo of herself in the studio with Dallas Austin (worked for P!nk, Madonna, Gwen Stefani and others in the past). Music sites and insiders are starting to tweet things like ARTPOP lyrics, and Tara tweeted about the house.

It's close, I can feel it! :D

Last edited:

Retro Mew

Mystical Furball
Does anyone else love the band Owl City which was created by an AWESOME guy named Adam Young? (he was the one who teamed up with Carly Rae Jepsen this past Summer with the song "Good Time", and was also the creator of the song "Fireflies" which was HUGE back in '09). Because I am a TOTAL Hootowl (A.K.A a HUGE fan of Owl City!) So has anyone else heard his music, or is a hootowl or fan as well. I'm just curious! ;3

P.S. Sorry if I sound like some crazy fangirl, but I am just really excited to see if anyone else has heard of or likes Owl City! :D

I LOVE his first album as Owl City! I haven't been able to get into the rest quite as much, but I still like a lot of his newer material!

Last edited:

Personal comments:
-4th week for CHU!!
-Woah, "Get Lucky" is really blowing up! I can see this being the next #1 after CHU dies down
-The success of "Cruise" is genuinely confusing me. The remix isn't even that good, and the "pop" version is barely different from the country one
-Looks like "Stay" will outlast WIWYM in the Top 10, which I'm very happy again. Rihanna made the better of the two ballads
-"Radioactive" biding its time as it grows on radio... I can see this beating the record "Cruise" just set this week for slowest climb into the Top 5
-Beautiful that "Clouds" managed to debut fairly high. Say what you want about the song itself, it's great to see that viral videos can go towards something good, and not just stupid Harlem Shake stuff
Well, no movement there in the top three this week, but Get Lucky... I did sort of tell you all this would happen, but seriously, it is a great song and Pharrell is going to have some success as he also features on Robin Thickes 'Blurred Lines' and im wondering what you guys think of it?
As for 'Cruise' I dont really think its a great song... But i dont know if it will shift up any more.
Also its good to see Radioactive still around there.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Well, no movement there in the top three this week, but Get Lucky... I did sort of tell you all this would happen, but seriously, it is a great song and Pharrell is going to have some success as he also features on Robin Thickes 'Blurred Lines' and im wondering what you guys think of it?
As for 'Cruise' I dont really think its a great song... But i dont know if it will shift up any more.
Also its good to see Radioactive still around there.

Pharrell???!!!!!! What???!!!!! Haven't heard anything from this guy in a long time.

Last edited:

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
OMG, AWESOME! I am so happy that you like his music! So your favorite album (well, technically it is an EP) is his first called Of June? Or is it is true first album, Maybe I'm Dreaming? I'm just curious! ;3

Retro Mew

Mystical Furball
Bruno is in his 31st consecutive week in the top ten, the only person right now with such a high total. However, he won't be making bid for any records, because it seems that WIWYM will all out long before "Treasure" can enter the top ten.

OMG, AWESOME! I am so happy that you like his music! So your favorite album (well, technically it is an EP) is his first called Of June? Or is it is true first album, Maybe I'm Dreaming? I'm just curious! ;3

Welp, I typed first and meant second, sorry! :p It's Ocean Eyes. Everything about it is perfect.

Last edited:

Retro Mew

Mystical Furball
At this point I think Beyonce is just taunting her fans for a Greatest Hits release or something. There's only two confirmed tracks, only one of which has even leaked in full, and she's already on tour.

That said, "Grown Woman" is brilliant and "Standing on the Sun" is the greatest thing she has ever created. I want the latter to be released like right now, I need my summer anthem.

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Oh my goodness! Where did Blurred Lines come from? Never thought the bass guitar would play such a good role in this song. The instrumental is so good, too! It's such a basic R&B song with high and low variation's of a certain line that is executed perfectly!
Hope it stays number one for a long time!

Geekachu

[video=youtube;xdeFB7I0YH4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdeFB7I0YH4[/video]

Personal comments:
-4th week for CHU!!

I think their album debuted at #1 too which is pretty cool. It's a really good album.

speaking of electro-pop, since I've already said a couple of times that I'm sick of these generic songs being released every summer, the only one I'm really enjoying (a lot) is Clarity. I guess I'm just expressing myself. hopefully, this song gets big. it feels.. different
I'm glad I'm not the only one paying attention to this masterpiece of a song. It's honestly beautiful, definitely one of the more mature sounding electro-pop songs I've heard in a long time.

Isn't that the one that Chris posted ages ago
*hipster glasses on*

Frankly I don't actually care about Katy and Gaga right now... What I need is an announcement from Beyonce so she can hurry up and slay careers. She performed Standing On The Sun at a concert recently and it's so perfect for summer oh my god

It sounds amazing. I can't believe she's not releasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.