• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Has anyone seen what Ka$hier's been doing
ab6d3f1c.gif

[video=youtube;xdeFB7I0YH4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdeFB7I0YH4[/video]

Wow. That was pretty good! The bridge reminded me of Animal in some way, but will.i.am ruined it once he started slurring his outro part.
So I'm guessing Ke$ha is starting to rap as well as sing. I thought her rap fit perfectly with the song.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Wow. That was pretty good! The bridge reminded me of Animal in some way, but will.i.am ruined it once he started slurring his outro part.
So I'm guessing Ke$ha is starting to rap as well as sing. I thought her rap fit perfectly with the song.

what? hasn't she always rapped? like, in every song from TikTok to today?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
what? hasn't she always rapped? like, in every song from TikTok to today?

Well, I never felt it was rap until We R Who We R. But she has been a great artist nonetheless. It's a shame such a good song isn't on the top ten. If will.i.am wasn't in it, I bet Crazy Kids would've risen.

Popboi

The Elusive Trainer
Well, I never felt it was rap until We R Who We R. But she has been a great artist nonetheless. It's a shame such a good song isn't on the top ten. If will.i.am wasn't in it, I bet Crazy Kids would've risen.

What's funny is that the Juicy J remix is higher in iTunes than both the original and will.i.am remix

42. Crazy Kids (feat. Juicy J)
112. Crazy Kids
174. Die Young (feat. will.i.am)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I love crazy kids lol, the lyrics are like perfect, did they skip one of the rapping verses though?? When it was just here it was better.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
42. Crazy Kids (feat. Juicy J)
112. Crazy Kids
174. Die Young (feat. will.i.am)

Wow, I see your point.
I haven't listened to the Juicy J remix, but I bet it's better mainly because it's Juicy J! will.i.am is appealing lesser since his strength was in Black Eyed Peas. Apl De ap and Fergie actually complement him well, and only Britney Spears did well with him. Not even 2NE1 did well with will.i.am (why did you pair with him, girls, why?!)

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
The Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (chart dated June 15th):

1. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton (=) (5th week @ #1!)
2. "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake (+1)
3. "Get Lucky" - Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams (+1)
4. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (-2)
5. "Cruise" - Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly (=)
6. "Blurred Lines" - Robin Thicke ft. T.I. & Pharrell (+5)
7. "Come & Get It" - Selena Gomez (-1)
8. "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons (+1)
9. "I Love It" - Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX (-2)
10. "Stay" - Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko (-2)
-------------------------------------------------
11. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (-1)

Personal comments:
-5th week for CHU! I feel like this is its last, as Get Lucky or Blurred Lines (likely the latter) could take the #1 spot next week. But a 5 week run for an artist's second charting song ever is awesome!
-LOL, looks like Mirrors just became a #2 peaking song
-Yay for Blurred Lines finally making it into the Top 10! It looks like it's following Thrift Shop's example of a weird, yet amazingly fun and catchy song finding success!
-Radioactive really needs to take off already. I don't care when, but I need to see it in the Top 5 at one point
-Well, looks like Bruno Mars's Top 10 consecutive streak just ended this week. Maybe I'd be upset if I liked him

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Finally, Blurred Lines is on Billboard's Top Ten! It's such a conventional sounding R&B song but it's really unique! I can't believe there was all of that petty controversy on the original mv for it. The supposed "naked" women were quite covered with G-straps and all. It's just suggestive and I see nothing wrong with it being shown to an audience more mature than middle schoolers.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Ah ok, I see...thanks for the heads up Terrakion! :p I love that album as well, although my favorite it All Things Bright and Beautiful. :3

1. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton (=) (5th week @ #1!)

Personal comments:
-5th week for CHU! I feel like this is its last, as Get Lucky or Blurred Lines (likely the latter) could take the #1 spot next week. But a 5 week run for an artist's second charting song ever is awesome!
-Yay for Blurred Lines finally making it into the Top 10! It looks like it's following Thrift Shop's example of a weird, yet amazingly fun and catchy song finding success!
-Radioactive really needs to take off already. I don't care when, but I need to see it in the Top 5 at one point
-Well, looks like Bruno Mars's Top 10 consecutive streak just ended this week. Maybe I'd be upset if I liked him

Well, the only song I genuinely hate atm in the top ten is the Selena Gomez one... Just dont like it all.
Anyway... Macklemore still going strong, which is good to see.
And JT climbs another place, love Mirrors, but if im honest, i dunno if this will get to #1, the only reason being, Get lucky has cracked the top 3! No.1 next week?
And yass!!!! Blurred lines climbs into the top 10! I love this song!
Also, radioactive goes up, hopefully it will get top 5 soon...
Bruno slips.... I just hope Treasure makes the top ten, it is great.

Retro Mew

Mystical Furball
Britney's "Ooh La La" recently leaked! I like it; it's sort of "kiddy" in nature, but it's a solid track with a certain generic appeal.

Espeon20

Banned
[video=youtube;B4IWIipjois]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4IWIipjois[/video]

It's so perfect x_x.......*rapes the replay button*

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!

Personal comments:

I know it's kinda late, but i was busy (prom weekend :p)

I'll say 3 brief things, since this is getting updated in less than 48 hours
•i like the top 4, especially get lucky. I hope this is #1 in 2 days
•i still need to listen to Blurred Lines, Cruise, and Radioactive... whoops
•sorry, SC, that I Love It wasn't as successful as you hoped. it played in my prom, and I realized that I really don't hate that song. oh wellz~

AlexG123

Pokefan
Has anyone heard The Saturday's new single Gentleman? It is really different than what they usually do but it it really cheeky and has really grown on me.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5luP09KWqA[/video]

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It's so perfect x_x.......*rapes the replay button*

The Lyric video for this song is so creative :).

[video=youtube;h3M-_HJqgAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3M-_HJqgAs[/video]

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
The Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (dated June 22nd):

1. "Blurred Lines" - Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. (+5) (1st week @ #1!)
2. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton (-1)
3. "Get Lucky" - Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams (=)
4. "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake (-2)
6. "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons (+2)
7. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (-3)
8. "Come & Get It" - Selena Gomez (-1)
9. "The Way" - Ariana Grande ft. Mac Miller (+3)
10. "I Love It" - Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX (-1)
-------------------------------------------------------
11. "We Can't Stop" - Miley Cyrus (DEBUT)

Personal comments:
-Wow, quite a lot of movement in the Top 10 this week
-Yay, Blurred Lines at #1! I predicted last week that it could make the bold jump all the way up to #1 this week, and I'm glad to see it did! This is a super fun song, and I'm not the BIGGEST fan of Get Lucky so I'm glad that it's blocking it for now
-Didn't expect CHU to be as high as #2, I thought Get Lucky would overtake it
-Rise, Radioactive!! I know the chances are slim, but if you made it into the Top 5 next week, that would be amazing!
-Aw, sucks to see JGMAR fall so much :(
-I can't believe that The Way is in the Top 10. I didn't even realize that many people even knew about it... I'm not really a fan of the song so I can't say I'm happy it's here
-It just dawned on me how much of the Top 10 consists of songs with featured artists
-LOL, Miley debuting (and possibly peaking at this rate) at #11

Status
Not open for further replies.