• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geekachu

I mean, the huge hype from both fans and artist, the coming-from-a-successful-era, the seeming change in artistic direction, and then a cover/photo showing the back of a jacket and a massive, tacky *** font

The déjà vu ain't even funny any more

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I mean, the huge hype from both fans and artist, the coming-from-a-successful-era, the seeming change in artistic direction, and then a cover/photo showing the back of a jacket and a massive, tacky *** font

The déjà vu ain't even funny any more

I don't know if Katy's trying to create some nostalgia among older fans or doing some weird thing like that.
The cover is tacky, but I'd rather focus on her music than her visuals.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I think that's the problem right here. There are people who realize that the song is degrading to woman but they still go 'lol oh well this song is still my jam' and continue to hype the song's success. That's why it's so frustrating to see this song at number one. It's so blatantly wrong yet most people over look that because it's catchy.

But again, the song is not promoting rape or harm to women. Nobody who hears this song and wasn't already against women is suddenly going to become a woman hater or abuser because of this song. The song is sexual. Yes, it pushes it too much, but certainly not to the point where people are going to take the lyrics seriously and follow whatever advice or message everyone seems to think the song is shouting out.

I think you're really overestimating just how much the general public actually pays attention to the lyrics in any given song. Nobody is being influenced by the song, nobody listening to the song thinks that rape or objectifying women is okay and most people probably can't even tell you the lyrics outside of the chorus. There have been lots of sexual songs that have become popular in the past, and I don't know why this one of all of them is getting so much negative attention.

Seriously, S&M is literally about a woman who enjoys being abused during sex and promotes sadomasochism way more than Blurred Lines promotes rape, yet I'm willing to bet half of the Blurred Lines haters are perfectly fine with that song.

And I wish people would stop comparing it to CMM. That song was stupid but at least it wasn't a song about date rape.

Wow, we've gone from objectifying woman to a woman hating song to a rapey song to a rape anthem to a date rape anthem. This song's list of crimes is growing every single time someone brings it up.

I literally just read the lyrics line by line and I don't see where people are assuming it's about rape. Obviously the song is coated with the degradation and objectification of women, but I don't see the rape part. That really just stems down to people taking the line "I know you want it" and totally blowing it out of proportion.

This…… was not insulting in any way. It's an observation and an non-offensive opinion on the observation.

Sorry, I promise never again to point out when something seems cold and negative, because the entire thread feels the need to make it clear how nice of a comment that was.

And I'm just responding to posts that I'm seeing. If you guys want the subject to be changed, you have to be the ones to stop responding, because I have no issue continuing to discuss this.

Roar single cover

[img139]http://oi42.*******.com/wcheo8.jpg[/img139]

Wow, this is, um... really not very good. Between the font, the jacket and the tiger background, the entire thing is just begging people to call it tacky. It kind of looks like a Photoshop job gone wrong.

Chris-kun

i still believe
y9ja.jpg

Sorry, I can't hear your lessers like Gaga and Katy over this flawfree album cover

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
y9ja.jpg

Sorry, I can't hear your lessers like Gaga and Katy over this flawfree album cover

This!

And………
Could I get Katy's new single without the single cover, or would I have to wait for her album to come out with a hopefully better cover.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Could I get Katy's new single without the single cover, or would I have to wait for her album to come out with a hopefully better cover.

Well assuming you're downloading off of iTunes (or planning on putting it into your iTunes), you can always just delete the single cover once you've put the song into iTunes :p

Asuka

Banned
y9ja.jpg

tumblr_m41aygNfBB1r15uyio2_r4_250.gif

Man Katy's single cover looks dated. I also don't like that she's doing the whole animal thing which has been done in the past and better by Ke$ha but what ever. I'm ready for that post-divorce anthem.

Chris-kun

i still believe
tumblr_m41aygNfBB1r15uyio2_r4_250.gif

Man Katy's single cover looks dated. I also don't like that she's doing the whole animal thing which has been done in the past and better by Ke$ha but what ever. I'm ready for that post-divorce anthem.

Shade all you want, Janelle doesn't care. She doesn't care about being popular, she cares about making quality artistic music.

Also... did you miss:
[video=youtube;uuwfgXD8qV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuwfgXD8qV8[/video]

Geekachu

Since when is Janelle Monae releasing a new album? Is that going to be a sequel to The ArchAndroid because it has 'suites' along the bottom like that one? I need to listen to The ArchAndroid come to think of it.

iirc right click on the song on iTunes, click 'get info', choose the 'album artwork' tab, click on the image and delete or upload another of your choice.

Only a few days until Roar, but luckily we also have Applause to finally conquer that rape anthem

[img139]http://th696.photobucket.com/albums/vv324/TimLovesChezza/th_CherylLaugh.gif[/img139]

Fourth Roar teaser with a longer snippet and presumably a bit of the chorus. Doesn't scream smash to me right now ngl

[video=youtube;5kPRsDUyUGE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kPRsDUyUGE&feature=c4-overview&list=UU-8Q-hLdECwQmaWNwXitYDw[/video]

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
She did like 4 secs on that fun. song We Are young.
tumblr_mo86ff3AfK1ry1pglo7_250.gif
how

Me too.
Right click on the album/track and copy the artwork into where it says artwork.

Wow, this is, um... really not very good. Between the font, the jacket and the tiger background, the entire thing is just begging people to call it tacky. It kind of looks like a Photoshop job gone wrong.
I think she is trying to make the music looks better and not have everybody talking about the cover (Like what happened with Teenage dream (album and not single).
Since when is Janelle Monae releasing a new album? Is that going to be a sequel to The ArchAndroid because it has 'suites' along the bottom like that one? I need to listen to The ArchAndroid come to think of it.
It got annouced ages ago and have 1 or 2 singles so far.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I think she is trying to make the music looks better and not have everybody talking about the cover (Like what happened with Teenage dream (album and not single).

The problem is that people are STILL talking about the cover because of how bad it is. If she had really wanted to do what you're saying, she should have just created a simple cover with a plain background and "ROAR" in the middle or something like that. Big tiger jacket photo and weird font over very tacky background is not going to make people stop talking about her covers.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
The problem is that people are STILL talking about the cover because of how bad it is. If she had really wanted to do what you're saying, she should have just created a simple cover with a plain background and "ROAR" in the middle or something like that. Big tiger jacket photo and weird font over very tacky background is not going to make people stop talking about her covers.

Glad people are discussing the negatives of things instead of the positive things!
First Blurred Lines, now the ROAR cover.
Thanxorus for telling me how to remove crappy -and apply better- album covers.

Geekachu

First thoughts:
- Inferior to most of the Teenage Dream singles (in fact, far from her best)
- It's safe, I think radio will lap it up but I think the sales will underwhelm
- I can undermine Katy's writing skills all day but I can't deny that she's generally good at writing bridges. This one is terribly disappointing

I literally can't because the Kats are spazzing out and in love but I just don't see it

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
ROAR LEAKED

First thoughts:
- Inferior to most of the Teenage Dream singles (in fact, far from her best)
- It's safe, I think radio will lap it up but I think the sales will underwhelm
- I can undermine Katy's writing skills all day but I can't deny that she's generally good at writing bridges. This one is terribly disappointing

I literally can't because the Kats are spazzing out and in love but I just don't see it

You know, After two listens, I'm kinda warming up to it.
It's good…
enough. It's basically another strong woman song like Blurred Lines
I don't think it'll kick down Blurred Lines from #1.

Gaga, I know you won't let us down!

HoennMaster

I really like the song, it's catchy and typical Katy. However, that's also it's problem. She "killed off" Teenage Dream but this song could have easily been on TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.