• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I heard Summertime Sadness on the radio. But I thought Lana Del Rey was deemed as not radio friendly...

An electronic, upbeat dance remix of Lana Del Rey that sounds completely different to Lana Del Rey's actual style is deemed radio friendly.

Geekachu

Applause debuted at #5 on the official UK charts. On Wednesday it was announced to be #11 in the midweeks so this is pretty good, especially considering it's yet to fully impact the GP and the biggest promo is yet to come.

Never listen to radio but listening to the chart show today introduced me to this which I absolutely adore:

[video=youtube;mbVux6XUtZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbVux6XUtZY[/video]

Guyguymon

I created SPINXOR
The video for Applause is now up!

[video=youtube;pco91kroVgQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pco91kroVgQ[/video]

Geekachu

How is that typical of Gaga when her videography contains some of the most 'great' music videos of recent memory?

Anyway the video was far too clustered. She looked great as the mermaid and with the black bandana around her head but there was far too much going on, disappointingly. She really needs to get back to making Fame Monster level videos asap and to also inject some bloody colour into them.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
How is that typical of Gaga when her videography contains some of the most 'great' music videos of recent memory?

Anyway the video was far too clustered. She looked great as the mermaid and with the black bandana around her head but there was far too much going on, disappointingly. She really needs to get back to making Fame Monster level videos asap and to also inject some bloody colour into them.

Agreed. Mermaid Gaga is why I was born. Also Alejandro was her best video ever.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Towards the beginning, I thought I was going to LOVE it, but then the excitement kind of died down as I watched it. Not that I didn't like it - I still did think that it was a pretty interesting video, and I did like her use of colour compared to the black/white scenes. But I agree with Geekachu when he said the video was a bit "clustered" - I found that I couldn't really look at something for more than 2-3 seconds most before it was onto something else. Visually, it was nice, but kind of hard to pay full attention to.

Even though I MUCH preferred her long Marry The Night video to this one, I'm kind of glad she stuck to a short, typical length video for this song. I feel like some of her big story videos were repelling viewers (I highly doubt very many people watched the MTN video all the way until the point where the actual song kicked in), but this video should get more viewed by the public and not just Gaga's diehard fans.

One thing though - her head on that giant swan's body really creeped me out.

Geekachu

I think close to when she was confirmed as a VMA performer Gaga posted this image which looked like a performance concept drawning to a lot of people, the thing on stage looking like a bird cage (or Mike Wazowski whichever way you look at it) so I hope to god the swan doesn't return. It's mermaid or gtfo.

She's confirmed to be opening the VMA's too.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I think close to when she was confirmed as a VMA performer Gaga posted this image which looked like a performance concept drawning to a lot of people, the thing on stage looking like a bird cage (or Mike Wazowski whichever way you look at it) so I hope to god the swan doesn't return. It's mermaid or gtfo.

Well I mean there are parts of the music video where she (as a human) is dancing in an elevated cage. So she's probably just going to recreate that at the beginning of her performance.

She's confirmed to be opening the VMA's too.

Awesome! I believe this is the 2nd time in the past 3 years that she's opened.

Anyways, "What Now" is rumoured to be Rihanna's next worldwide single from Unapologetic assuming that she isn't just going to ditch Unapologetic all together and just release a new single from R8. Anyways, this song is very clear evidence that I got tired of Unapologetic and all of its bad songs when I first listened because if I had actually listened to the whole thing, there's no way I would have forgotten about this masterpiece. Where has this been hiding, why is such an amazing song on such a bad album and can the rumour about this being a single please be true?

[video=youtube;fBH_OBNbyuc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBH_OBNbyuc[/video]

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
What Now is a poor choice for Rihanna. She'd best wash her hands of this lackluster era.

On another note, I'm highly disappointed someone in this thread gave me good rep and is ruining my chance at a huge red rep bar.

Floette

Fennekin
I absolutely love "Applause" as a song, but the video really doesn't do it for me. It seemed like kind of typical and didn't really blow my mind. It also seemed to fish for controversy and I felt it didn't really relate to the song that well.

I'm hoping Katy Perry's video for Roar is amazing. (Has it been released yet?) I love Roar too, though its more emotional and less of a dance beat..

The Applause video is so bad it's good. Like someone on Atrl said this morning:

It looks like a cross between a horror flick and a magic show

But it was still better than most videos that I've seen this year so it gets a pass from me. I really hope she hires professional directors for the other Artpop videos because the cinematography was lacking in this one.

[video=youtube;d5ewB-o5N9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ewB-o5N9A[/video]

Lady who?

Come to me Janelle Come to me September 10th slay this vapid awful 2013

It would be great if the general public actually knew who Janelle is.

tumblr_lm6ryohBVM1qftp03.gif

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I absolutely love "Applause" as a song, but the video really doesn't do it for me. It seemed like kind of typical and didn't really blow my mind. It also seemed to fish for controversy and I felt it didn't really relate to the song that well.

I'm hoping Katy Perry's video for Roar is amazing. (Has it been released yet?) I love Roar too, though its more emotional and less of a dance beat..

Just FYI, Roar is plaguirized.....

Chris-kun

i still believe
Also where is this "mermaid" that everyone mentioned in the video. She was never a mermaid. Unless you're talking about the Birth of Venus-inspired look, and that still wasn't a mermaid...

Clam shell bra does not equal mermaid... fish tail equals mermaid

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Also where is this "mermaid" that everyone mentioned in the video. She was never a mermaid. Unless you're talking about the Birth of Venus-inspired look, and that still wasn't a mermaid...

I think most people are referring to her being a mermaid during the BTW era. She was rumoured to be one in the TEOG video, then everybody got upset when she wasn't, but then she was in the You and I video and everybody was really happy.

Geekachu

I'm sure we all know that Rihanna was done with Unapolocashcow after she finished performing Stay at the Grammys. I mean, weren't Pour It Up and Right Now apparently singles? She doesn't give half a rat's *** and I guarantee she'll move onto the next album pretty soon. Diamonds and Unapologetic were only announced on September 12th last year so it's not too late at all.

[video=youtube;d5ewB-o5N9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ewB-o5N9A[/video]

Lady who?

Come to me Janelle Come to me September 10th slay this vapid awful 2013

Wait this is actually really good. I bought Adorn the other day because I've always loved it so I might check out Miguel's album a bit more.

Clam shell bra does not equal mermaid... fish tail equals mermaid

Chrissy I came here to discuss pop music and not mythical creatures. If I see shells closest damn thing is a mermaid and I ain't saying 'Shells cover her tits'-ga all the time.

[img139]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lufw0gLnTT1qdlkgg.gif[/img139]

Does anyone else read applause as applesauce?

Speaking of the video, I really liked it but after half an hour I just rolled my eyes at it. GaGa as a Swan looked so ridiculously smug I wanted to wring her neck and then give her to Bjork for her next outfit.

Chris-kun

i still believe
Chrissy I came here to discuss pop music and not mythical creatures. If I see shells closest damn thing is a mermaid and I ain't saying 'Shells cover her tits'-ga all the time.

[img139]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lufw0gLnTT1qdlkgg.gif[/img139]

It's very clearly and very intentionally a reference to Botticelli's The Birth of Venus though, so calling her Venus would be more appropriate. Just informing. There's no need to sound ignorant when you don't have to after all

Geekachu

There's a countdown up on Britney's official website which I think is counting down to the 17th September, which was a previously rumoured date for a single release. She recently teased on twitter that new music is coming 'sooner than [we] think' so I guess this may be a new single from Britney.

Coincidentally, Katy's rumoured to be released a second single on the 17th of September too. It's been posted around by some official sources who are citing a deal with Pepsi or something, but at the moment I'd be very wary of the accuracy of this since, well, two singles within a month?

Status
Not open for further replies.