• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geekachu

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXbl7tSCMAAf8H2.jpg[/img139]

Looks a bit like FF to me

HoennMaster

She looks gorgeous, but she really should have done a different style of writing....well mostly just no "neon light", but still love it and love her.

Her next single, Perfume, will be released on November 5th.

meanwhile, absolutely love the Venus snippet.

Last edited:

Guyguymon

I created SPINXOR
[video=youtube;Ba0bc5xSaZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba0bc5xSaZQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Gaga performing Venus at G-A-Y

Geekachu

[video=youtube;nP3ctBs3510]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP3ctBs3510[/video]

Gather your monies for midnight tonight erry1!

Dax

Legend
I love it! I'm not sure if it's radio friendly, but it would have been great to continue her experimental phase on radio.

Last edited:

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I LOVE Venus... but I'm very, very happy she changed her mind about it being a single. It would have been a huge flop because radio would not have been on board with this kind of song... but this is the first song out of the 4 (studio version) songs we've heard where this REALLY feels like a classic Lady Gaga.

Peter Quill

star-lord
Ok I'm curious as to why you think Venus is the only similarity for "classic" Lady GaGa because about 90% of people I know say that Do What U Want feels like something off the Fame Monster. Actually I'm questioning it too because this is like experimental EDM and not clubby anthems.

Last edited:

HoennMaster

Applause is very "classic" Gaga-esque.

I am in love Venus, my favorite ARTPOP song so far (although once I hear the full version of ARTPOP that probably will be). I'm just very happy that it turned out great. After hearing the two snippets I was worried it might end up ca cluttered mess but thankfully it's not.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Ok I'm curious as to why you think Venus is the only similarity for "classic" Lady GaGa because about 90% of people I know say that Do What U Want feels like something off the Fame Monster. Actually I'm questioning it too because this is like experimental EDM and not clubby anthems.

Well, I've always thought Applause hasn't sounded like the pre-Applause Gaga because it kind of has a generic chorus/pre-chorus and its over-the-top verses, while definitely weird, don't really sound very much like what we've heard before. And I actually don't think Do What U Want sounds anything like Gaga's stuff - it sounds kind of R&Bish which Gaga hasn't done very much of, and it sounds kind of mellow compared to what she's done.

I think Venus is "classic Gaga" in the sense that it's loud, exciting, it's pushing the boundaries and because it has some very weird and crazy lyrics that defines just who Gaga is. Feel free to disagree with me, but I don't get any of those feelings from the other ARTPOP studio versions.

Dax

Legend
I have to be honest, her X Factor performance was a mess and a half. I've never seen her so messy. It was dreadful.

Geekachu

Quite possibly the worst performance I've seen her do but it was more than worth enduring for the ensuing Bratty Osbourne cakegate

#dowhatuwant #cakelikeladygaga

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Decided to watch the performance, and I don't think it was too bad. It was kind of awkward in some parts, but definitely not as bad as I expected it be from reading your comments.

"Venus" has soared up the uk itunes chart to number 2. This is a good sign as applause only peaked at #5. And guess who shes behind..... The new one from 1 Directuion....

Peter Quill

star-lord
Decided to watch the performance, and I don't think it was too bad. It was kind of awkward in some parts, but definitely not as bad as I expected it be from reading your comments.

I actually rather liked the Venus part.

Do What U Want's was just so awkward though ech.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails

1. "Royals" - Lorde (=) (4th week @ #1!)
10. "Blurred Lines" - Robin Thicke ft. T.I. & Pharrell (-1)

Feels about right.
I personally am not a huge fan of our current pop music, and Blurred Lines has a extra bit of annoyance from me (Not sure why exactly) but I have to say, I do find myself humming Royals more often than I may realize, and the calmer tone is a nice refresher from the blasts of music echoing on the radio 24/7.

Sarcastic Oshawott

Wow such forum
I'm absolutely in love with Venus tbh, and I agree that Do What U Want felt kinda awkward

Honestly, I'm leery about songs that don't have real words in the title lol

Ohh and after watching that X Factor performance, I think she's made me sick for the first time

HoennMaster

I think you guys are going a little overboard with the X Factor performance. It's nowhere near as bad as you guys say.

[video=youtube;_dOk03D-48c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dOk03D-48c[/video]

This is the first Artpop song I haven't cared for.

Ke$ha

Banned
I saw Gaga's X Factor performance and it was bad. The Venus part was watchable but the Do What U Want part was ridiculous. Speaking of Venus it's my least favorite ARTPOP song because it sounds like filler. I like Gaga but I wish she would go back to writing songs people can relate to. Mary Jane Holland sounds generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.