• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geekachu

So Gaga released an image of her Artrave tour stage. She's crazy. She's going to need most shows sold out to make up the money it will cost to build and transport that.

If they managed to transport that behemoth of a castle she had this will be no different. The clear walkways are a cool touch too.

BTW....anyone know what song she is releasing a video for?

Most likely G.U.Y., but it could be a trilogy featuring (rumoured) Venus and to a lesser-likely extent, Aura.

Which reminds me that we skipped over the fact that Gaga's releasing a new music video on Saturday. So yeah.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
[video=youtube;j3VjJKKVNew]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3VjJKKVNew[/video]

Everything in this thread has been slayed & scalped. The pop goddess has come back to show the inferiors (aka your faves) how things are done.

BYEEEEEEE!

Reactions: Dax

Geekachu

And that's not a good thing.

Also I'm upset because it we're almost four months into 2014 and I've yet to hear anything I really enjoy. Waah.

HoennMaster

I thought Kiss me Once was a decent sequel to Aphrodite. Kind of like Aphrodite's cousin in a sense.

[video=youtube;PNu_-deVemE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNu_-deVemE[/video]

I loved it.....although reviving Michael Jackson was a tad creepy for me.

Last edited:

Geekachu

I didn't really understand the story though and some dialogue could have been helpful, and the whole Real Housewives thing seemed irrelevant to me.

tumblr_n2v5woUpQG1r6vczeo2_500.gif

She also looked incredible here. Now all I want from her is an Aura video to close off the Telephone trilogy.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I loved the G.U.Y. video. The whole money-obsessed men thing which obviously represented her label was interesting. I just didn't care for 3-4 minutes of credits.

Rakansen

ラルフ
Coming from someone who hasn't listened to any of Gaga's ARTPOP songs except for Applause, I quite liked the video! It wasn't her best, but it felt very cinematic and professional. Also, that credits music. I really need to check out Manicure and her other songs.

Chris-kun

i still believe
My favorite thing is that Idina Menzel (who is a Broadway goddess) could take a decent pop song and make it absolutely perfect!
Who said that music needs to come from 20-somethings that just get money thrown at them?

Did you hear her 2008 album I Stand? that **** was amazing, she's got some great music outside of Broadway and Frozen

Rakansen

ラルフ
I'm surprised that she's writing new songs already, but this is great. Is she still working with Dr. Luke though?

If I remember correctly, she announced around the time of rehab that she's not working with him anymore. Besides, I don't think she would ever want to work with him again after all she went through.

Either way, I'm really excited to see the new things she'll produce! I really liked some of her party music, like "Dirty Love," but I also liked her mellow songs like "Wonderland." If I had to choose a favorite song by her, though, it would DEFINITELY be "Crazy Beautiful Life."

Last edited by a moderator:

Rakansen

ラルフ
I'm not sure if you guys know already, but Katy Perry released her next single last Thursday for Throwback Thursday, and it's "Birthday!" Here's the cover art:

rs_600x600-140403124855-BkUj2rNCMAAXOQr.jpg

If I remember correctly, Katy's the one on the right.

My opinion? Eh...I'm not a huge fan of "Birthday," let alone Katy Perry herself. The only song that's really stuck out for me from Prism is "Unconditionally," I liked her other songs, but I tend to get tired of them after a while. What are your thoughts?

Geekachu

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I like Birthday, but the single cover is atrocious in my opinion. It looks fanmade to me. Also, I hope Legendary Lovers is the fifth single because it's my favorite Prism song.

Dax

Legend
Katy needs a major flop to open her eyes and push herself. She's never going to grow if she keeps feeding audiences this weak disposable anthems. One thing is having a signature style, but another one is never expanding it or experimenting with it. She's a sweet girl with a lot of potential but she needs to be aware of how tiring fixed gimmicks are.

I'm actually really bored with music this year. Everything is disappointing. If anyone has some recommendations, I'm open to them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.